[Other] Posters of Halforums Calendar

Would you be interested in being a part of a hypothetical calendar?

• Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Only if I get to post with a grue

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
I kinda wish this was a real thing, even if it's only a thread topic. I had an idea for a photo that might be fun! (albeit slightly labor-intensive)
Never let it be said that I don't know how to please a lady! *grins*

Semi-serious, though... is there enough interest for a "Posters of Halforums" calendar? It wouldn't have to be a "steamy" one - although if someone felt confident enough to toss that on there, more power to ya!

Pictures wouldn't have to be professional - after all, how many of us have access to those kinds of resources on a regular basis?

Anonymity would be acceptable, naturally - not everyone's comfortable with their face out there, and that's perfectly acceptable!

Other suggestions are welcome, of course! Lord knows, I'm not nearly creative enough to pull this off without help. *chuckles*

I would say if you wanted to keep if fun, you can let your photo show why you keep coming back to Halforum. The cosplay? The popculture/nerdculture? You love America or the US? Your cat won't argue back with you? Put it in a photo!

Never let it be said that I don't know how to please a lady! *grins*
Well done, officer! :unibrow:

I'm going to have to wait until this weekend. I'm going to need a second person to hold the camera.[DOUBLEPOST=1396540774,1396540731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Here you go, I just got a new headshot done -

View attachment 14424
Oh sure, we ask for sexy photos and Gas is already showing us his can.

I mean, yes, but...You guys know I'll go all out right? I would actually probably do a pin-up shoot with my cute swimmie because I've always wanted to do a shoot like that. But, I mean, if this is a go, I want you guys to understand there will be no stopping me, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Dave

Staff member
It would actually be very easy to do. All you need is a picture file, a SIM card, and a WalMart. They have photo centers where you can make these things for pretty cheap.

I was actually going to do a Halforums caricature calender... but laziness plus lack of 12 solid ideas put it on hold. Too bad, I think you guys would love the Calleja month.

It had nothing to do with Frosty Susan.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I mean, yes, but...You guys know I'll go all out right? I would actually probably do a pin-up shoot with my cute swimmie because I've always wanted to do a shoot like that. But, I mean, if this is a go, I want you guys to understand there will be no stopping me, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Kags in a swimsuit pin-up shot? That has two-syllable "Dayumn" potential.

I approve.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Can actually even do this online and have physical ones sent individually to everyone.

I'm down for helping get it all together, edited, and ordered and such.

We only have like 12 months though. THE TOP 12 POSTERS!*

*Priority given to girls in swimsuits right

Dave

Staff member
Last near our neighborhood had a "Redneck Olympics". I was the torch bearer.

2012-09-02 18.00.35.jpg

Don't say I never gave you anything.

Dave

Staff member
There are more pictures from other, less flattering angles. Can you believe that? THAT was the flattering angle!!

Last near our neighborhood had a "Redneck Olympics". I was the torch bearer.

Don't say I never gave you anything.
Sex-ay. :unibrow:

Can I pose with strategically placed doomweasels?[DOUBLEPOST=1396548687,1396548633][/DOUBLEPOST]
Free complementary towel with each calendar.

Sex-ay. :unibrow:

Can I pose with strategically placed doomweasels?[DOUBLEPOST=1396548687,1396548633][/DOUBLEPOST]
Free complementary towel with each calendar.
Yes to all of the above please! ;)

Also, if I'm in a swim suit, I will also be in a snowbank - have you seen Newfoundland/East Coast weather lately? Yeesh.

If you're putting groups of people together in one picture, i'd like to be in it. With perhaps a couple of pixels of me tucked away in a corner, on account of me being a lurker :hide:

GasBandit

Staff member
If you actually make it a calendar, it'd be kinda cool if the calendar marked halforumite birthdays with their avatar.

You could always make your own. I'm guessing most of the male forumites would not be opposed to 12 months of Kags.

Depending on how much interest I get from folks willing to be in the thing, there is the possibility of doubling/composites, so long as both forumites involved have no issues.

I would feel so vain though. :( That just seems rather self-centered. I'm not opposed to the idea though.
It would be a good way to raise money for your cosplay costs.[DOUBLEPOST=1396567784,1396567748][/DOUBLEPOST]Also for us guys, we can just put sexy little swimsuits on our beards.

It would be a good way to raise money for your cosplay costs.
Do you think this could really be a thing? I mean, I dunno how logistically it would work out - in order for it to be worth it on both parts.

The idea is really exciting though - psh, getting money for cosplaying? Awesome.

The only problem with an all-Kags-calendar would be convincing my girlfriend to let me put it up somewhere :p may cause some jealousy issues :confused:

I'm game, but I don't think i'm "whole month picture" material. Though pictures of several posters together would be cooler, we may need to do some months with several, smaller pictures instead.

I'm fairly sure there are naked pictures of me already in the "new pictues" thread (unless those were lost in one migration or another).