Post reply Firefox issue [FIXED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having trouble posting a reply to a thread using Firefox? I can't click any of the icons in the editor. I can type in the box, but whenever I hit submit, I get the error saying I need to type at least one character and none of what I typed is there.

It was working earlier today, but have to switch to IE now in order to make posts.

Post reply Firefox issue

Works for me. Are you sure you have javascript turned on?

I get the same symptoms when I go through a poor quality proxy at work, and while the buttons work, I do get the "Must enter more than 1 character" for the quick reply box through the proxy. The regular reply and advanced reply boxes both work though.

So while I do agree it's annoying, it's not something to do with the forum, it has to do with your end of the network.

-Adam

Post reply Firefox issue

This is very odd. Still no luck on getting either of the editors to work. I've turned off all my add-ons, made sure javascript is on and even ran Venkman without any errors. I'm also not going through a proxy.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? If it helps to know, it does take a good bit longer for the quick reply area to load than the rest of the page. I'm on a somewhat slower connection.

Post reply Firefox issue

Already downloading. I'll let you know.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Got the new version installed and it looks like I can type in the box, but still can't click the buttons. That's progress, though.

Post reply Firefox issue

Ugh. I was hoping that wouldn't be the fix. I'm guessing my profile has been corrupted.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Ah looks like something was corrupted in the cache of my profile folder. I just needed to clear that and I still have my default profile and everything is working. I wonder what caused the corruption. Anyway, thanks GasBandit for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.