Politicians say the darndest things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that some of the most interestingly strange things things get said by politicians on a daily basis. So get ready, folks, here is todays "Politicians say the darnedest things!"

"It is not really our country so much is the problem, it's sort of the parasitic relationship that Canada, and France, and other countries have towards us, …You benefit from us, and we pay for that. And I resent that, and I want to figure out a way to solve that."- Senator Bob Corker, to Canada’s former Public Health Minister, Dr. Carolyn Bennett

I've found that some of the most interestingly strange things things get said by politicians on a daily basis. So get ready, folks, here is todays "Politicians say the darnedest things!"

"It is not really our country so much is the problem, it's sort of the parasitic relationship that Canada, and France, and other countries have towards us, …You benefit from us, and we pay for that. And I resent that, and I want to figure out a way to solve that."- Senator Bob Corker, to Canada’s former Public Health Minister, Dr. Carolyn Bennett
In a way this is very true though. Canada is able to funnel a lot of it's money into social programs and it's health-care system because it only has to support a nominal military force. Some European Foreign Policy also banks on American support if things get really serious.

He's still a douche bag for saying it like that though.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Some European Foreign Policy also banks on American support if things get really serious.
I rather doubt they bank on America for that since y'all rather took your time waffling on helping out the last time. :laser:

Some European Foreign Policy also banks on American support if things get really serious.
I rather doubt they bank on America for that since y'all rather took your time waffling on helping out the last time. :laser:[/QUOTE]

Of course we waffled, we had a weaker military in 1939 than Portugal. Now we are the nominal super-power, and others look to our umbrella. In the next generation I guess we all will be looking to China to keep the world open to free trade, just not freedom.

Oh, I know it Covar. Tomorrow I'll have a new crazy quote to post up. I'd like to make it a once a day thing.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Stalin's WWII-era foreign secretary Molotov:
"We were wise when we didn't conquer Finland. It would have became a leaky wound...People at there are very stubborn,very stubborn..."

New day, new winner of the prestigious "Politicians say the darnedest things!" award!

"There's a joke out now that says the main value of the Cash for Clunkers program may be that we'll get a lot of cars with Obama stickers off the road." Governor Tim Pawlenty, on Fox News.

Yes, I'll get some Dems in here too, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.