Pet Peeve rants.

Get some frozen crinkle cut fries, find a place that makes fresh cheese curds, get some gravy - ask @Jay for his preference - make the fries and heat up the gravy. Put it all in a bowl and pour the gravy over it. Enjoy as you hear your arteries hardening, eh?

I gotta admit, everything Yoshi says is made so much better because, thanks to his avatar, I imagine it being spoken in a word balloon with Taz audio under it.

--Patrick
Was going for Devin Banks, but when you look like Crazy Dave you sound like Crazy Dave. And I'm cool widat.

Every rumor that a cartoon that was canceled that I liked years ago. It's even MORE annoying when some jack ass changes the wiki page to say it is. WHY? I was okay accepting my show ended, why give me false hope that a small fraction of my brain wants to believe?

Thank you, Onion, for translating to text what frustrates me about my Facebook feed constantly: http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-...lMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

I am by no means telling mothers and fathers out there what to do; I’m simply standing up for every parent’s right to make his or her own decision. You may choose to follow the government-recommended immunization schedule for your child, and that’s your decision as a parent. And I might choose to unleash rubella on thousands upon thousands of helpless people, and that’s mydecision as a parent.

figmentPez

Staff member
I started looking at how many works would have fallen into the public domain under the original "life of the author + 50 years" that used to be the standard in the United States, and now I'm grumpy. Instead of endless remakes of Sherlock Homes, Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz (which are wonderful, don't get me wrong) we could be seeing what creative minds can do with Buck Rogers, A Brave New World, early radio dramas, and who knows what else.

I love radio serials. I maintain XM almost purely for Radio Classics.
How often does their billing department email or call you to tell you about your pending bill, or to ask when you're going to pay that bill that hasn't even arrived yet?

How often does their billing department email or call you to tell you about your pending bill, or to ask when you're going to pay that bill that hasn't even arrived yet?
I don't, because I don't pay month to month. And I do the payments online.

I don't, because I don't pay month to month. And I do the payments online.
The minimum you used to be able to do was 3 months at a time, and they'd always pressure you to switch to an annual subscription and auto-pay. Part of the pressure was using a billing system that was out of Mosaic-era web design.

I finally got tired of them sending out the legbreakers when my account was already paid up and the bill wasn't even due. Told them I was sick of the harrassment, and canceled. Thanks to Pandora and iTunes Radio, I have no more need of XM. I get better reception too.

fade

Staff member
I only get calls when it's up. They are in financial trouble and very pliable. Last time I called, I negotiated down $75. I think it must be more important to them to show subscription numbers and continuity than revenue. Maybe for investors.

My own hindsight, because I always think 10:00 is a good time to clean things but I forget that that's when the damn water resets making water usage nigh-impossible! CURSE YOU MY GLORIOUS BUT SOMETIMES INEFFICIENT BRAIN!

Passive aggressive anonymous notes left by coworkers on equipment that I am using. They are not even using it, but think that I need their flipping input. Piss off with the damn notes.

Make sure you leave a note back explaining that your permissions are set to write-only, and so you are unable to read their notes, and they will need to contact you in person.

--Patrick

Make sure you leave a note back explaining that your permissions are set to write-only, and so you are unable to read their notes, and they will need to contact you in person.

--Patrick
They wouldn't understand that sort of joke. It would need to be more snarky and end with a 'Thanks' with no less than three exclamation marks.

figmentPez

Staff member
People who complain when someone says "no problem" instead of "you're welcome". ARGH! You pedantic, insects-for-brains, simpletons. It is a problem serving you, and you are most definitely not someone whose arrival brings pleasure. Either statement is a blatant lie when spoken to your face and you should be happy that any sort of pleasantry has been directed your way. The two phrases mean pretty much the same thing, that there is no debt or obligation for the courtesy rendered. Stop insisting on exact wording when you don't even know what those words mean.

Same thing here with "Sounds good." It's like a sign-off phrase up here. You could be telling someone their Aunt Matilda died, and end the phone conversation with "Sounds good." AAAAARRRGGHHHH.

When my cell-phone lights up making me think someone is calling me, I get excited and then look at the phone only to see it just lit up for some weird reason. UP YOURS PHONE!

Taxi services. Seriously, all of this Lyft/Uber vs. Professional Taxi Services bullshit is really grating, especially when the "professional" taxi services can't fucking find major state highways without help from someone sitting at the other end of the customer's cell phone line.

fade

Staff member
When your video loads the MOMENT you hit refresh.
And why the hell does google show exactly what I want to search for after I type 2 letters, yet when I hit the third letter because I didn't put the finger brakes on fast enough, it completely disappears?? Come on Google, I was giving you more evidence that I wanted that search term, yet you took it away! Bonus irritation for hitting down+enter right as it changes from the thing I really wanted to some stupid or embarrassing suggestion.

I've been using Spotify a lot when I drive, and I'm starting to learn what roads not to take to work/grabbing food/etc because they are fucking riddled with dead-signal spots, which instantly send me into that split-second moment of pointless rage.

fade

Staff member
When someone pretends that they don't know about something popular. Especially when it's painfully obvious that they're lying.

When someone pretends that they don't know about something popular. Especially when it's painfully obvious that they're lying.
Taylor Swift? Who's that? Jonathan Swift's younger brother?

Do I watch Big Bang Theory? No, I don't watch Science documentaries. In fact, I haven't watched a tv show since I was in grade school.