[Question] PC Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use headphones...

They're really nice headphones, though.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but wanted to post anyway.

I use headphones...

They're really nice headphones, though.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but wanted to post anyway.
As do I. Sound card output to an Objective2 headphone amp to Audio-Technica M50s.

If not for the budget limitation, I'd suggest using the digital out (if present) to your stereo system or A/V receiver. Then the sky's the limit on speaker selection.

I've been happy with my two Logitech multichannel speaker systems. One is 5.1, the other an oddball 6.1. They've lasted, they sound good (one is used for bluray playback with my wife's computer and the projector), and they can easily fill a larger than average room. Both are single speakers per channel, though, and the Logitech ones you've chosen look like they're a step up with real tweeters, so you can expect even better sound.

The two channel conversion is very good. It doesn't just copy the sound from front to back, it actually does more so that background noises come from the back, but the voice and other sounds from the front.

I'm pretty non picky about these sorts of things, though. I like good sound, I'm annoyed by distortion, but I don't care enough to get a real amp or equalizer, so this level satisfies me. Looks like a number of reviews suggest that purists would rather burn their ears.

As a practical person, though, it appears to be pretty good bang for the buck.

I've had good luck with Logitech but I've only purchased 2.1 systems from them. But man, they are clear and loud. You can guess that I'm not a true audiophile.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else here... 2.1 speaker systems mostly, but I heartily recommend the Audio Technica headphones DarkAudit and I have. It's like having your eardrums gently licked by angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.