Our money is ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

From TechVert

The new bill will contain a security feature called Motion, where each bill will contain up to 650,000 microlenses embedded in the printing which will allow for an underlying image to shift when the bill is moved.
Sure is ghastly looking.

S

Soliloquy

The new bill will contain a security feature called Motion, where each bill will contain up to 650,000 microlenses embedded in the printing which will allow for an underlying image to shift when the bill is moved.
Seems like a bit much, really.

E

Element 117

Cook Islands Cant hear you over the sound of how awesome they are.

also nice:

Bermuda money, like all Commonwealth nations, have the Queen on everything.

New currency released last year now relegates the Queen to a tiny corner, then has nature scenes on them (with tiny oval plastic windows!)

M

Matt²

that's not grease... has Clinton been in the Treasury AGAIN?!?!

oh Monica...

The Euro is actually a pretty classy looking currency. When I was over there, I liked how each country would mint Euro coins with images specific to that country on one side with common images on the other.

we are commonwealth and we only have the queen on half of our money...also gusto, canadian dollars look very similar to our aussie ones. Very suprising. I guess the old saying is true, canadian and aussie backpackers always group together because our dollar is equally worthless :p

we are commonwealth and we only have the queen on half of our money...also gusto, canadian dollars look very similar to our aussie ones. Very suprising. I guess the old saying is true, canadian and aussie backpackers always group together because our dollar is equally worthless :p
Yay for the old saying not being true anymore.

The Euro is actually a pretty classy looking currency. When I was over there, I liked how each country would mint Euro coins with images specific to that country on one side with common images on the other.
I've said it before, but from the concept, to the looks and even the name, the Euro is kinda like a made up currency form a sicence fiction setting.

I've said it before, but from the concept, to the looks and even the name, the Euro is kinda like a made up currency form a sicence fiction setting.[/QUOTE]

Sounds less SF then the European Currency Unit to me...

North_Ranger

Staff member
Yeah, that's what I like too. Plus, there's a fair number of rare mints in circulation. You know, jubilee coins and that sorta stuff. That's why I always check my change for new designs.

I've yet to see Cypriot, Slovak, Slovenian, Monegasque (i.e. from Monaco), Sammarinese (San Marino) or Vatican mints in circulation, but they're there. Although admittedly the Vatican €2 creeps the hell out of me:

I'm just not comfortable having chancellor Palpatine so close to my crotch...

I've said it before, but from the concept, to the looks and even the name, the Euro is kinda like a made up currency form a sicence fiction setting.[/QUOTE]

Sounds less SF then the European Currency Unit to me...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the English wanted to give the currency an english name, "in your face" style to the french. They loved it, as "Ecu" was a classic french currency. They all ended up changing it to something neutral.

North_Ranger

Staff member

Yeah, the English wanted to give the currency an english name, "in your face" style to the french. They loved it, as "Ecu" was a classic french currency. They all ended up changing it to something neutral.[/QUOTE]

Then why aren't those limey gits using the euro, pray tell? :p

Man, you guys stole the Euro 1 and 2 dollar coin design from the Toonie!

I don't care if Italy was doing it a decade earlier, I'm right damn it!

Yeah, the English wanted to give the currency an english name, "in your face" style to the french. They loved it, as "Ecu" was a classic french currency. They all ended up changing it to something neutral.[/QUOTE]

Then why aren't those limey gits using the euro, pray tell? :p[/QUOTE]

They are quite curious old fruits and chaps, pip pip and some bloody cheerios. Or somethg lik that.

North_Ranger

Staff member

They are quite curious old fruits and chaps, pip pip and some bloody cheerios. Or somethg lik that.[/QUOTE]

Capital, guv'nah. We must pursue this extraordinary notion over a spot of tea and some spotted dick, wouldn't you say?

They are quite curious old fruits and chaps, pip pip and some bloody cheerios. Or somethg lik that.[/QUOTE]

Capital, guv'nah. We must pursue this extraordinary notion over a spot of tea and some spotted dick, wouldn't you say?[/QUOTE]

God save the queen!

Necronic

Staff member
All non-USA paper money looks like its from either a board game or disney land.

Why do they all have to have bright pink and purple colors all over them? wtf is that about?

That said your coins are a lot cooler, and way the fuck more useful.

M

Matt²

I just want to say... I keep thinking this thread says "Our MonKey is ugly" ... poor little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.