Export thread

Our money is ugly

Vagabond

V.Bond

From TechVert

The new bill will contain a security feature called Motion, where each bill will contain up to 650,000 microlenses embedded in the printing which will allow for an underlying image to shift when the bill is moved.
Sure is ghastly looking.

Gusto

Gusto

L2Money.

Dave

Dave

Even Ben Franklin looks a little annoyed at it all.

Gusto

Gusto

Ben Franklin's had enough of your bullshit.

General Specific

General Specific

Edit: d'oh, typo!

Edit 2: fixed!

Gusto

Gusto

I like this thread.

Vagabond

V.Bond

You know what must be done.

Dave

Dave

:rofl:

Soliloquy

The new bill will contain a security feature called Motion, where each bill will contain up to 650,000 microlenses embedded in the printing which will allow for an underlying image to shift when the bill is moved.
Seems like a bit much, really.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I think Australia has the coolest money.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Aussie money is really cool looking. It's got tiny plastic windows in it!

Element 117

Cook Islands Cant hear you over the sound of how awesome they are.

also nice:

klew

klew

Bermuda money, like all Commonwealth nations, have the Queen on everything.

New currency released last year now relegates the Queen to a tiny corner, then has nature scenes on them (with tiny oval plastic windows!)

Calleja

Calleja

Our 20 and 50 peso bills have plastic windows too... they're ALL plastic, actually.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Every time they make new bills over here, they get uglier and uglier :(

figmentPez

figmentPez

It looks like some spilled a big gob of grease on one side.

Matt²

that's not grease... has Clinton been in the Treasury AGAIN?!?!

oh Monica...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Muahaha!

Baerdog

Baerdog

The Euro is actually a pretty classy looking currency. When I was over there, I liked how each country would mint Euro coins with images specific to that country on one side with common images on the other.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

we are commonwealth and we only have the queen on half of our money...also gusto, canadian dollars look very similar to our aussie ones. Very suprising. I guess the old saying is true, canadian and aussie backpackers always group together because our dollar is equally worthless :p

Frank

Frankie Williamson

we are commonwealth and we only have the queen on half of our money...also gusto, canadian dollars look very similar to our aussie ones. Very suprising. I guess the old saying is true, canadian and aussie backpackers always group together because our dollar is equally worthless :p
Yay for the old saying not being true anymore.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

The Euro is actually a pretty classy looking currency. When I was over there, I liked how each country would mint Euro coins with images specific to that country on one side with common images on the other.
I've said it before, but from the concept, to the looks and even the name, the Euro is kinda like a made up currency form a sicence fiction setting.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I've said it before, but from the concept, to the looks and even the name, the Euro is kinda like a made up currency form a sicence fiction setting.[/QUOTE]

Sounds less SF then the European Currency Unit to me...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah, that's what I like too. Plus, there's a fair number of rare mints in circulation. You know, jubilee coins and that sorta stuff. That's why I always check my change for new designs.

I've yet to see Cypriot, Slovak, Slovenian, Monegasque (i.e. from Monaco), Sammarinese (San Marino) or Vatican mints in circulation, but they're there. Although admittedly the Vatican €2 creeps the hell out of me:

I'm just not comfortable having chancellor Palpatine so close to my crotch...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I've said it before, but from the concept, to the looks and even the name, the Euro is kinda like a made up currency form a sicence fiction setting.[/QUOTE]

Sounds less SF then the European Currency Unit to me...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the English wanted to give the currency an english name, "in your face" style to the french. They loved it, as "Ecu" was a classic french currency. They all ended up changing it to something neutral.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah, the English wanted to give the currency an english name, "in your face" style to the french. They loved it, as "Ecu" was a classic french currency. They all ended up changing it to something neutral.[/QUOTE]

Then why aren't those limey gits using the euro, pray tell? :p

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, you guys stole the Euro 1 and 2 dollar coin design from the Toonie!

I don't care if Italy was doing it a decade earlier, I'm right damn it!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Yeah, the English wanted to give the currency an english name, "in your face" style to the french. They loved it, as "Ecu" was a classic french currency. They all ended up changing it to something neutral.[/QUOTE]

Then why aren't those limey gits using the euro, pray tell? :p[/QUOTE]

They are quite curious old fruits and chaps, pip pip and some bloody cheerios. Or somethg lik that.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

They are quite curious old fruits and chaps, pip pip and some bloody cheerios. Or somethg lik that.[/QUOTE]

Capital, guv'nah. We must pursue this extraordinary notion over a spot of tea and some spotted dick, wouldn't you say?

redapples

Scottish Money: my house is on the back of the £20.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

They are quite curious old fruits and chaps, pip pip and some bloody cheerios. Or somethg lik that.[/QUOTE]

Capital, guv'nah. We must pursue this extraordinary notion over a spot of tea and some spotted dick, wouldn't you say?[/QUOTE]

God save the queen!

Hylian

Hylian

what about Pac-Man money?

Necronic

Necronic

All non-USA paper money looks like its from either a board game or disney land.

Why do they all have to have bright pink and purple colors all over them? wtf is that about?

That said your coins are a lot cooler, and way the fuck more useful.

Matt²

I just want to say... I keep thinking this thread says "Our MonKey is ugly" ... poor little guy!

Hylian

Hylian

I just want to say... I keep thinking this thread says "Our MonKey is ugly" ... poor little guy!

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Why do they all have to have bright pink and purple colors all over them? wtf is that about?

I like it, green is boring.

Gusto

Gusto

I like it, green is boring.[/QUOTE]

And it's not even really that green.

Calleja

Calleja

American dollars are ugly as fuck and all look like they're from the 60s or something.

Matt²

eta until it's all credit card issued....

klew

klew

The coloration (and size differences) are meant for faster recognition of which denominations you are holding. If every note is black/green and the same size, those with vision impairments and visitors unfamiliar with US currency may have difficulty.

Or if you were joking: [MP3]http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season13/blame27.mp3[/MP3]

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like it, green is boring.[/QUOTE]

And it's not even really that green.[/QUOTE]

"Gimme the green" sounds cooler than "gimme the barbie-looking neon pink." But I agree. That's one yoogly bill.

Bowielee

Bowielee

.[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh particularly hard because one of my friend's euphemisms for her vagina is her "monkey".

Kovac

Kovac

NZ Notes

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Wait, Sir Edmund Hillary was a Cockney hobo? o.0

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Hmm, like Australia, your money is similar to ours. War former colonies.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Finnish Mark bills before we switched to Euro:

Cog

Cog

We use american dollars here. How long before we see those new bills?