Online px soon to be open to all honorably discharged veterans

I know we have some veterans on the board, so I'm passing this out in case they don't know. Starting November 11 the online px websites (like nex or px) will be available for all honorably discharged veterans to use, they just have to verify themselves at (I think this is the right site) vetverify.org

Dave

Staff member
While this is great and all, I've never seen any of the "deals" that are supposed to be found in the exchanges. I know you don't have to pay any taxes, but they prices are higher to start so sometimes you end up paying MORE.

While this is great and all, I've never seen any of the "deals" that are supposed to be found in the exchanges. I know you don't have to pay any taxes, but they prices are higher to start so sometimes you end up paying MORE.
I haven't been to an exchange in 25 years. Back then, the best deals were on booze and cigarettes because you avoided the sin taxes as well as the sales taxes. I'll have to scope out the online exchange prices for various items once I have access to the stores after veteran's day.

Edit: I can get prices at www.shopmyexchange.com without a login.

12.9 inch 32gb space gray ipad pro: $687 normally (on sale right now for $547.98). Amazon's price on the same item: $698. So, there's some marginal savings on that one, at least.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
From back when my folks were in the army, I seem to recall the PX being hit or miss, but we always got groceries at the commissary whenever possible.

fade

Staff member
Vettix sounds like a place to buy Frontline.

Conversely, oddly enough, Frontline sounds like a product for military vets.

The Exchange's goal is to offer merchandise to our customers at an average overall savings of 20% when compared to outside retail prices. We believe the Exchange generally provides our customers the best prices in town, especially when you are comparing identical brand-name items. This does not mean we have the lowest price on everything in our stores every day of the year. For this reason, we implemented a "We'll Match It" price-matching program. Shopmyexchange.com will price match a number of online retailers, including items sold by and shipped directly from Amazon.

We are also very proud of our financial commitment to support the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities of the Military community (i.e., libraries, bowling alleys, gyms, golf courses and more).

If there are specific items you are looking at, please let us know if you find a better price. After verifying, we will price match on the spot, and can then let our management teams know so that they can work for better pricing with our suppliers when possible.

The Exchange's goal is to offer merchandise to our customers at an average overall savings of 20% when compared to outside retail prices. We believe the Exchange generally provides our customers the best prices in town, especially when you are comparing identical brand-name items. This does not mean we have the lowest price on everything in our stores every day of the year. For this reason, we implemented a "We'll Match It" price-matching program. Shopmyexchange.com will price match a number of online retailers, including items sold by and shipped directly from Amazon.

We are also very proud of our financial commitment to support the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities of the Military community (i.e., libraries, bowling alleys, gyms, golf courses and more).

If there are specific items you are looking at, please let us know if you find a better price. After verifying, we will price match on the spot, and can then let our management teams know so that they can work for better pricing with our suppliers when possible.
And this person will probably NEVER be seen from again

Thanks for the info...even if you never log back in ;)

They try telling us the same thing about the commissary. There are some things that are cheaper, but others you're better off getting from Target or Costco.

Is it a bot, or isn't it? I was leaning toward "yes", but then they liked my post, but not everyone's posts.

So now, I imagine that it's some poor E-1 who has internet access, but using a custom browser. It can log into forum sites, but when they try to post, the only thing that comes out is the canned message. They're sitting there in a dark room, tears streaming down their face, typing out "Please help me! I'm trapped in the basement of a military base and have to hawk the online exchange's wares! I didn't sign up for this. I wanted to be a pilot, damnit! Save me!"

But all we see is "The Exchange's goal is to offer merchandise to our customers at an average overall savings ..."

:D

Is it a bot, or isn't it? I was leaning toward "yes", but then they liked my post, but not everyone's posts.
Well, your post did contain a direct link to the site, doing the advertising bot's job for it. You acknowledged it's cry for help.

So this is what the US does with it's POWs now. Forget Gitmo and water boarding, you're signed up for IT now! More spam, mules!

Dave

Staff member
Actually I think that's probably a human representative. So they saw we were talking about it and signed up to discuss. Which is frankly amazing. If it is a bot it's a damned good one and gave information instead of spamming links. I'll allow it either way.