[Other] Oh man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get it.

Is it an Akria thing? I know I'm going to get shit from like...bones or someone but I've never actually seen Akira. All I know is that there's motorcycles and they yell Tetsuo and Kaneda at each other a lot.

M

makare

I still don't get it.

Is it an Akria thing? I know I'm going to get shit from like...bones or someone but I've never actually seen Akira. All I know is that there's motorcycles and they yell Tetsuo and Kaneda at each other a lot.

http://teamfourstar.com/

dragon ballz abridged.. very funny

rather beat a horse than beat off a horse right? well depends on your feelings about animal cruelty.

I still don't get it.

IMMA GONNA GIVE YOU SO MUCH SHIT!
yeah its what the two main characters scream at each other just before the world implodes. I am glad I have become the guy you think of when it comes to anime on the forums! :D

fade

Staff member
IMMA GONNA GIVE YOU SO MUCH SHIT!
yeah its what the two main characters scream at each other just before the world implodes. I am glad I have become the guy you think of when it comes to anime on the forums! :D
It's supposed to be Tetsuo's girlfriend being crushed to a bloody paste in a pocket of his expanding body.

I still think Akira was a pretty bad movie.

I bet I get flaaaaaamed.
Yeah,i think so too.There were just so many things left out in the movie that were in the manga.But fitting a phonebook sized manga into a movie couldnt be done,so we get bikechases and an incoherent story.

I do get that a lot of people have nostalgia for it and they are welcome to it. I know I love some pretty awful movies. Anime and otherwise. I am just glad that now when you want to introduce someone to anime you have the Ghibli stuff readily available and a slew of good titles rather than the exploitation drivel Manga used to bring over.

I still think Akira was a pretty bad movie..
Personally I think the only reason to watch it is the animation, as it's some of the best you're ever going to see. It's consistently smooth with an amazing attention to detail, from the matte paintings to the light trails on cars and motorcycles (and the weird mutation bit at the end with Tetsuo).

S

SeraRelm

1 point from House SeraRelm!
Failure to type NSFW in spoiler tag!

The western world has a lot of weird stuff too (as SeraRelm just pointed out). Japan is just more open with it.
If that is a good or bad thing,I let you be the judge of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.