Official Halforums Meet-ups

Kathleen, Southwest Newfoundland. (It's a small-ass town, and there are some things that don't need to show up on google searches.)

I've met @HCGLNS and @Squidleybits as part of the move across the country.
Almost met Jay... stupid Montreal traffic.
Never met @Adam, despite living in the Okanagan for a bit... and apparently missed @Timmus too.
And met @Emrys (and the Doomweasles) for nog when we lived in Saskatchewan.

I have no pictures to prove any of this, and I ain't travelling again anytime soon. Except maybe to St. John's where I think @LittleSin is.

Reactions: Jay
My name is Kevin (which seems quite popular here), and I live in Midlothian, Illinois, a suburb southwest of Chicago. Saying I live in Chicago is a misnomer, since I can't even really see it from my house.

Reactions: Jay
Also, for the record, Chicago is probably my favorite US major city and I get down there usually around once a year.

I've been to both. I can find better New York style pizza locally (in Ohio) from guys who've been open since the early 50's and I won't have to pay out the ass for it or wait an hour just to place an order. Turns out that all you need to get great pizza is a strong family tradition of making great pizza?

Good luck finding deep dish though.

I was supposed to introduce @Adam to the best Napoletan pizza in North America but apparently he brought that shitty B.C weather with him.

This thread has been updated.

In a week or so, Jay-stats will appear.

It may be amusing... for some.

stienman (Adam Davis)
Ann Arbor, michigan

Met with @darkaudit, @BErt, @PatrThom, and@Enresshou in Ann Arbor summer 2013.

We went for snacks and drinks at a local watering hole near the university of michigan diag. I don't recall any other details, but I drove at least a few people from one place to the bar. Either to avoid parking fees, or because I wasn't drinking. Or we did something before the bar. Much laughter.

I've got a blurry picture or two somewhere. Let me check photobucket...
From left to right:
BErt, darkaudit, PatrThom, Enresshou, stienman

HalforumsMichiganMeetup.JPG

Last edited:
B

BErt

That was a lot of fun - look how happy I am to be there!

...I don't know why I have constant doofus face in pictures :confused: