Export thread

Official Halforums Halloween Discussion

Jay

Jay

Halloween is COMING!​

One of my favorite times of year is coming. Nothing beats a good Halloween themed party with fun games to play, awesome decorations, plenty of drinks and snacks to enjoy, interesting social situations, a slutty lady costume to look at all night and of course… enjoy later on.

How many of you are excited about Halloween? Did you choose any outfits yet? What are your plans for the night? Discuss.

Are any of your throwing any Halloween parties? Since we bought our house two years ago I’ve been throwing them (a big issue earlier in my life with strict and boring parents) with my fiancée and we’ve been having a blast. Every year we plan to make it bigger and bigger and the downtime in the summer has finally allowed me to fully research what I want to build on and write down new things to try. It’s never too early to start planning the party of the year!

For example, I’m probably going to try to build a few props of my own instead of buying them at inflated prices in the stores, try new recipes, new games...etc…

I fully plan to share them in this thread as the weeks go by.

Come one; come all, what is going on with you during this event? Do you have any pictures to share? Etc.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'll probably do another bitchin' pumpkin, if I can get a good design going.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

There's a reason I have the 2 days after Halloween off every year. Work all day, go out, get drunk, find slutty girl in slutty outfit, wake up at her place, go home and enjoy the rest of my week.

Then again, that sounds like a majority of my weekends, except this time there will be costumes.... well more costumes than usual anyway.

Long boring truth of it is that I never got to "enjoy" Halloween as a kid. My family didn't really do the Halloween thing (they were lights off, don't answer the door people) and when I moved out at 16, I was living with an older woman who was already "past that age". So I've spent almost every Halloween just dressing up in something revealing and hunting down cuties wearing the same, usually in club/bars/wherever the biggest party is that year.

strawman

strawman

I've always wanted to build awesome and funny halloween props. My dancing ghost in the window two years ago made it so a few kids wouldn't even approach the front porch. I obviously need something a little more benign on first glance that only becomes scary once they're already up there...

makare

I have my own place so im mostly excited about my costume, trick or treaters, my friends parties and pug-o-ween in omaha. My friend has three pugs so she and I and a couple other friends are taking them to hang out with other pugs.

It should be fun. I also found a bunch of harry potter themed treats I want to make this year. Halloween is my family's favorite holiday so we'll see what we do.

Emrys

Emrys

I've always wanted to build awesome and funny halloween props. My dancing ghost in the window two years ago made it so a few kids wouldn't even approach the front porch. I obviously need something a little more benign on first glance that only becomes scary once they're already up there...
Then you need to prop yourself up on the front porch.

Dave

Dave

Pug-o-ween? In Omaha?

We'll be out front of our house with the fire pit going, giving candy to the little kiddos.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've planted the idea in the little woman's head for us to have costumes as Annie and Tibbers. Her only major objection is that she doesn't think anybody will recognize it. Myself, my only misgiving is in the quality of the Tibbers costume. I want the glowy eyes and giant claws. If I could figure out a way to safely be engulfed in flames in it, I'd do that too.

makare

I've planted the idea in the little woman's head for us to have costumes as Annie and Tibbers. Her only major objection is that she doesn't think anybody will recognize it. Myself, my only misgiving is in the quality of the Tibbers costume. I want the glowy eyes and giant claws. If I could figure out a way to safely be engulfed in flames in it, I'd do that too.
What are they from?

GasBandit

GasBandit

What are they from?
League of Legends. She's one of the more prominent, well known characters there. Annie "the Dark Child" is the character, she has a teddy bear named "Tibbers" who is actually a demon imprisoned by a transmogrification. Her "ultimate" attack is to let Tibbers off the leash, so to speak. His summoning does substantial damage to all enemies around him, and he continues to chase and attack any survivors, while also doing further damage to everything around him for the duration of his presence because he is on fire.

"You smell like... burning! Hee hee hee..." - Annie

fade

fade

I love Halloween. I usually set up something on the porch. I'm between houses right now, though. Last year was fun. I terrified some kids to the point of tears. All I did was dress like in black clothes with a Jason hockey mask. I had a machete mounted on the wall with a crudely written "Ol' Faithful" underneath. Lots of other little decorations. But what really got them was that I stood there when the kids came up, already outside, and I never said a word. They would say "Trick or Treat", and I'd slowly drop in candy, never breaking eye contact. It sounds plain, but it worked like a champ.

Also, I set up two laptops in the upstairs windows with continuous video loop of an eye, so that it looked like the house was staring out.

General Specific

General Specific

I will be fully moved into my new house by then. I plan on putting up a few decorations at least and may have a party. If so, any forumites in the area are welcome to drop by. :D

LittleSin

LittleSin

I only got 4 trick or treat-er's last year. :( It gets less and less every year because parents want to keep their precious little snow flakes out of the dark and cold.

I took Jet around last year and we only hit about 6 houses, excluding immediate relatives, because no one else was home or had any candy. The streets were damn near vacant as well.

Compare this to when I was a kid and I used to have to make the long trek back home to 'reload' on pillow cases.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I only got 4 trick or treat-er's last year. :( It gets less and less every year because parents want to keep their precious little snow flakes out of the dark and cold.

I took Jet around last year and we only hit about 6 houses, excluding immediate relatives, because no one else was home or had any candy. The streets were damn near vacant as well.

Compare this to when I was a kid and I used to have to make the long trek back home to 'reload' on pillow cases.
Lots of people are doing planned trick or treat parties now or taking advantage of businesses and malls that provide a safe place to trick or treat (and drum up business). There's also this impression that the streets aren't as safe as they were in our childhoods when this is generally not true.

But then again, I blame 9/11 (seriously). The year before that happened was the last time we had more than 20-30 kids during the night.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Well, you know those damned Muslims are just waiting in the dark, ready to snatch up and eat your children. Just like the Gays. :rolleyes:

GasBandit

GasBandit

I dunno, I remember trick or treating not even happening properly in 1998 or 1999 or so. But more than 9/11, I think more of the blame rests on the media capitalization and sensationalism of "predators who want to have sex with your child are NEAR YOU NOW" stuff.

Jay

Jay

I get well over 150+ kids every year here. My neighborhood is literally a baby making factory.

Here are a few pics from my Halloween party last year :

11151_343473775401_775945401_9916783_3957652_n.jpg
11151_343473810401_775945401_9916787_4018865_n.jpg
11151_343473925401_775945401_9916801_7915484_n.jpg
14342_217007298272_715383272_4105055_5776598_n.jpg
14342_217007328272_715383272_4105060_508705_n.jpg

My first prop project is to create a fake charcoal fire for under a bigger cauldron I plan to buy. I'll prolly start in a few weeks time.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If I have to tell you bitches one more time, you're gonna see how strong Jay's pimp hand is!
/

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Last chance I had to decorate for Halloween, I turned the whole house into a giant spiderweb, hand crafted with twine and knitted bleached bones throughout it. Wore my traditional bone mask and black clothes and had a pile of leaves rigged to explode as they walked past it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I never seem to do anything for Halloween every year. For one, I can never think of anything to dress up as (and any time I go looking in the costume shops, pretty much all of them get an "eh" reaction from me).Most times, by the time I remember the holiday, it's already too late to find any decent costume or think of anything.

Never really lived anywhere that could get Trick 'r Treaters, either.

So, yeah. Wish I did more but never really do.

General Specific

General Specific

I never seem to do anything for Halloween every year. For one, I can never think of anything to dress up as (and any time I go looking in the costume shops, pretty much all of them get an "eh" reaction from me).Most times, by the time I remember the holiday, it's already too late to find any decent costume or think of anything.

Never really lived anywhere that could get Trick 'r Treaters, either.

So, yeah. Wish I did more but never really do.
How about... Drunken Superman? Don't know where I got the idea from. :whistling:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Nah. Too fat to do any kind of Superman costume.
Added at: 19:23
Plus, far too cliche and expected of me to wear.

Gusto

Gusto

I was Drunken Superman in 2008.
Added at: 20:24
And last year I was Blacked Out Riddler.

linglingface

linglingface

Best friend's birthday is Halloween, so it is always on our minds. She has a ridiculous amount of Halloween decorations that just continues to grow each year, and this year we're hoping to throw a better party than last year's mess of a party. :D

I can never decide on a costume... I always start brainstorming at least a month in advance, but then I always end up making a costume within a few days to 2 weeks before Halloween (most of the time within a week). And then they are always thrown out right after because they're put together so quickly that I just don't see myself wearing them ever again.
Hoping this year will be different, but we'll see what happens!

fade

fade

Me as "God's gift to women", and the wife as a geophysicist/nerd/me because she thinks she's funny.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I slightly want to shave my head and go as Heisenberg from Breaking Bad.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I slightly want to shave my head and go as Heisenberg from Breaking Bad.
Just tell people that you are shaving your head out of solidarity with a cancer patient that you are fond of... then if pressed admit that the person is fictional.

Jay

Jay

Preparing to send out my invites tonight... going to start working on props this coming weekend.

Impressions?

invite.JPG

Dave

Dave

I think a party at your place would be a hoot.

Dei

Dei

I had planned to make myself an awesome steampunk outfit for Halloween this year, but I think I'm going to be short on time/funds this year. =/ However, I am making costumes for my kids, this year they are both big on playing Pokemon together, so they are going out as Ash and Dawn.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I think I've finally found this year's stencil... going with a Pokemon theme this year!

Attachments

makare

My friend and I already carved some pumpkins. That is my favorite part of halloween.

Dei

Dei

After seeing that Users found this page searching for: Tibbers Costume, I totally have this urge to dress my daughter up as Annie and my son as a giant flaming bear. Alas, too late for that this year. :p

Jay

Jay

Aren't they going to rot soon though? Depends on the weather... but they tend to last about 3 weeks here before going.... nasty.

Dei

Dei

Depends, you can buy those fake carveable pumpkins at any craft store, and those last forever!

makare

Oh yeah they will rot. Then we will carve more. I just enjoy the carving and the seeds :)

The best year was the year my family carved 15 for halloween night. people still talk about how cool they all turned out.

linglingface

linglingface

Mike and I are going as Creepers. Not Minecraft, but Lonely Island's "The Creep" video. :3

fade

fade

One of my friends has an annual pumpkin carving night for the adults and kids. That's always fun. I will miss the student party this year, though.

Piotyr

Piotyr

My four year old son wants to go as Wind Waker Link this year.
wwlink.png

Toughest thing for me is to try to learn how to build that sword and shield (it's lame to do the costume without it, and it's impossible to buy anything close to that without overpaying).

linglingface

linglingface

View attachment 2824
Toughest thing for me is to try to learn how to build that sword and shield (it's lame to do the costume without it, and it's impossible to buy anything close to that without overpaying).
Craft foam and cardboard!! Craft foam is pretty amazing. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

View attachment 2824
When I was a kid I went as link from Zelda 1. Made the shield by painting over a shield I got at the renaissance festival.

makare

I love halloween stuff. I like things about Addams Family level spooky though. I am easily freaked out by scary things and I have nightmares :(

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My friend and I were thinking of hittin' up the SteamWhistle Brewery Halloween party. I haven't decided on a costume yet.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I wanted to do a steam punk cosutme but it looks like funds and time may not be on my side. Maybe I'll do something real simple and not 'period' authentic?

phil

phil

Man I don't know if I'll be able to do anything this year. A co-worker is going on vacation that week and my folks will be out of town and presumably need someone to dog/house sit until the 31st.

IF those don't fun block me I'd probably go to Austin again. I hope I can since I haven't been back in a year. I'll have the money to put together a good costume this year (thinking mario) but I don't want to waste it if I can't actually do anything. I guess in a worst case scenario I can just party here?

Telephius

Telephius

I am thinking of going as Nyan Cat, or Rusty Venture, but I think getting a poptart body will be less hassle then trying to fit my hair under a bald cap.

Dei

Dei

I wanted to do a steam punk cosutme but it looks like funds and time may not be on my side. Maybe I'll do something real simple and not 'period' authentic?
Oh man, I'm not alone!

Far

Far

I really enjoy making costumes but I don't know that I have the time nor the money to do it this year. Since District 9 was released I've wanted to try my hand at making an alien hand and go as Wikus but I feel like it's been so long since the movie that it'd be pointless.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'll probably be working. :(

I'm ATTEMPTING to take some time off, but we'll see if that actually gets to happen this year.

Steampunk seems to be a sub-theme for some folks here... steampunk policeman. Hmmm...

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll probably be working. :(

I'm ATTEMPTING to take some time off, but we'll see if that actually gets to happen this year.

Steampunk seems to be a sub-theme for some folks here... steampunk policeman. Hmmm...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... Interesting concept, but I don't think I have the legs to make that work...

(I mean, I _DO_, but I'd have to shave, and that makes me feel all grody, the first dozen times or so)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My friend and I are now trying to gather a group of people to all go as the seven Duffs, from the Simpsons. She thinks we can do it, I honestly have little faith and am trying to think of a back up plan.

Jay

Jay

Went shopping a bit, organized a bit. I'm probably going to dress up as Robin Hood... there's a nice one that looks a bit.... Ezio like and I think I'd look amazing in it.

aquariusmediaaseo

Good thread . I like the suggestions of all the members. Thanks for sharing it with me. Keep sharing.

strawman

strawman

I've been asked to consider teaching some make and take project classes for halloween stuff at the local maker workshop.

I'll probably do one for the flying crank ghost, but I need ideas for other props/projects. Something simpler and cheaper would be good. Any ideas?

Jay

Jay

The Wheel of Misfortune almost done.

DSC03137.JPG

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I just got approved for leave... I'm actually turning Halloween into a week-long vacation.

Aww yiss....

Terrik

Terrik

I'm going as my ninja again

Neon Pirate

Neon Pirate

A friend has a Halloween party that I always manage to miss, some years due to soccer tournaments and last year one of the kids was injured, so I have a bunch or pirate gear or the flight suit I bought last year and I'm really hoping to make that party this year!

strawman

strawman

There, but for the grace of box cutters, go I. (not my house, but I'mma copy it and creep out the neighbors)

Jay

Jay

Halloween Project A is almost complete. Here she is.... Hot Burning Coals!

Firstly, you take a cardboard box, fold it and tape it so that it provides a solid base. You can perhaps get your hands on some cheap plywood to serve as a foundation but I had none in hand and I didn't want to invest too much money on it. Size is 2 by 2.5 ish.

DSC03110.JPG

Use some garbage bags to serve as a protection to the ground so things don't get messy and the wife doesn't complain.

I went ahead and spray painted it with some generic black paint I found at the one dollar store, it was pretty decent.

DSC03142.JPG

Let it dry for an hour or so then apply a 2nd layer if you'd like, once again, wait an hour or so.

I bought some cheap Halloween strings from the 1$ store (they cost me 1.50 each actually) and I took some red tipped bulbs and put them at the beginning at the line, so that the orange lights will twinkle. I daisy plugged them and tested them out.

I then took a dozen or so Coke type bottles and cut them off the top which will serve as a cheap "bump" for the coals. I then taped them to the cardboard and put the bottles on them. I tested to see if everything was fine once again.

DSC03144.JPG

I placed them in a fashion to provide a "coal throne" for my Witches Cauldron, which will be my Project B.

I then used some expanding foam in a can ($5) to carefully cover the Coke bottles and provide an artsy fartsy landscape. I ran out of foam (they don't seem to sell the MAX EXPANSION foam in these parts for some reason) so I went out and got another one... a bigger one. Sadly, the foam was blue. Not ideal as I prefer white as it can be spray painted better but it'll do.

After one layer

DSC03155.JPG

Finishing expanding foam touches.

DSC03156.JPG

I let it dry overnight. (an hour or two is enough but I was tired and Castle was on)

The next day I started with one coat of paint.

DSC03157.JPG

I let it dry for an hour, letting plenty of air in the garage. Then I applied a 2nd coat.
DSC03162.JPG

I allow it to dry and I tested the lights.

DSC03163.JPG
DSC03165.JPG
DSC03167.JPG

How it looks like in the dark.

DSC03173.JPG

Sadly, no flash does it no justice (this was like the best out of 5. However, to the human eye, it's pretty damn sweet looking.

I will touch it up one more time with paint, then move on to Project B.... "Smoking Witches Cauldron".

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

DSC01961.JPG

Trying on my Halloween costume for the first time. :)

Jay

Jay

fap.jpg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ok Halforums, I'm gonna turn to you all for help with this. What should I be for halloween?
An acceptable costume must follow these guidelines:

A) Can't be expensive. I don't mind spending some money but I'm not gonna break the bank.
B) Has to be recognizable. I dont want to have to explain my costume to everybody I run into.
C) Can't be too hot. That'd just be unpleasant.
D) No crossdressing (I'm male).

So come on guys and be my imagination! I know you can do it!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Jay, those coals turned out really good! Impressive!

Jay

Jay

Jay, those coals turned out really good! Impressive!
Thanks man. :)

Working on Project B as we speak, should have all the materials this weekend. Long weekend = good times!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

(Let it be noted that this is my first official post on the forums! But if there's anything to get me to come out of my shell, it's halloween....I have been lurking/posting in the cosplay thread for over a year now though.)

I'm so excited for Halloween! It's my favorite holiday, ever. In my group of friends my hubby and I always host the Halloween parties. The costume contest is a pretty big event for us. (I'm cruel and even make my dog participate - he's going to be the headless horseman's steed this year. Ha!)
I'm thinking we're going to play old school games this year, like bobbing for apples and the like. Probably some pumpkin carving as well. What other fun games do you think we should play?

We've got a projector so I'm hoping we can set it up outside to watch some scary movies projected onto the side of our garage.

I'm planning on being a ghost, which should be awesome. Maybe I can post some pictures somewhere in the wake of the party. Yay! Excite!

Jay

Jay

We host parties as well... and we're VERY into it as well.

We have several games such as "Tempt your Fate" where people will pick a card (or this year... a wheel of misfortune!!!) and be read out their fates by the party host (me!). Sometimes they'll be lucky and win a small prize. such as a "zombie pack", "candy" "gift cards"... or most of the time, they'll be unlucky and.... well.... have a bad fate. Sing a bad song, perform a lap dance.... eat a nasty looking drink prepared for them.

This year we'll have a few more games such as "So you Ghouls think you can Dance", "Wrap a Mummy" and "Memories of Halloween Past" where people will answer questions after seeing digital portrait pictures of previous halloween parties.

I haven't decided on my costume yet but will probably get it over the weekend. I'm excited.

Dave

Dave

You should also have random karaoke. This means you roll a die and whatever they roll they have to do that song for karaoke.

Last time I played that I got, "Man, I Feel Like a Woman".

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

We host parties as well... and we're VERY into it as well.

We have several games such as "Tempt your Fate" where people will pick a card (or this year... a wheel of misfortune!!!) and be read out their fates by the party host (me!). Sometimes they'll be lucky and win a small prize. such as a "zombie pack", "candy" "gift cards"... or most of the time, they'll be unlucky and.... well.... have a bad fate. Sing a bad song, perform a lap dance.... eat a nasty looking drink prepared for them.

This year we'll have a few more games such as "So you Ghouls think you can Dance", "Wrap a Mummy" and "Memories of Halloween Past" where people will answer questions after seeing digital portrait pictures of previous halloween parties.

I haven't decided on my costume yet but will probably get it over the weekend. I'm excited.
Ah, those sound like fun games! I'll have to get started on construction on them soon. OH, and I forgot to tell you, you're coals and the 'Wheel of Misfortune' look amazing!!

I can't wait to see what you're going to be. I'm pretty sure costumes are my favorite part...

Jay

Jay

Thank you. :)

As far as costumes go, I won't go too crazy, as I'll be hosting the party I need to be comfy and able to move a lot as I like to entertain. Last party I was a Pimp, which turned out great since most girls... well... get dressed very nicely for the party... so I had plenty of.... umm.... accessories to play out my part. YEAH!

Project B and C are in the works. B will compliment A and C will be for the dinner table. Things are going well on my end and if you're interested, I can copy/paste later on tonight what I got down for my games from my 13 page Halloween Party Word Document.

Yeeeaa.......

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm definately interested. Yes please. =^^=

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what you end up being. Sounds like you always have a good time.

figmentPez

figmentPez

(Let it be noted that this is my first official post on the forums! But if there's anything to get me to come out of my shell, it's halloween....I have been lurking/posting in the cosplay thread for over a year now though.)
Woo! Kags is finally posting outside the cosplay thread. Now everyone else gets to find out how awesome you are. :D

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aww, Pez! You're to kind.

Jay

Jay

I believe there's a picture of me dressed as a pimp somewhere in the picture thread. I was so pimpish Shegs was all gushy over me for a week.

Mmmm.....

Let's see... here's "Tempt your Fate"... mind you it's all written by hand and a lot of it is personal notes and several need final touches. I also created a mock Poker Deck cards to hand out to the players of the game so that at the end of the night, a card will be picked out of a hat and the corresponding card will receive a big prize for participation.

GAMES

Test Your Fate:

I'll ring a bell to get people's attention.

"The Fate's are upon us tonight and they have great fortunes for you to claim! You may choose to TEMPT FATE to see if it is YOUR destiny to be rewarded... BUT BEWARE! If you decide to Tempt Fate it is possible that Fate is NOT kind to you and you will receive a punishment instead which you MUST complete in full! Do not tempt fate unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences that may await you. I expect you to be responsible little monsters and play your part!

I will only play a few wheel turns every hour or so that we have plenty of entertainment all night long.

If you’d like to tempt fate, please step forward and ask the host's permission to SPIN THE WHEEL OF MISFORTUNE to choose your card. Fate fortunes the bold!"

GOOD FATE - "Your fate is..... GOOD!"

1. Fate always felt that you took it "To the Max". No... Not in the “sexual way” but rather "the other way" (use your fingers for air quotes for added effect). Perhaps you’ll finally be rewarded for all that hard work with this hard earned reward? Enjoy your gift…. and remember… if you win… we split it 50/50!
(Lotto Max Ticket)

2. It’s quite obvious you went through a lot of stress tonight… so why don’t you take a moment and sit down and enjoy your well earned gift?
(10$ Tim Horton’s Gift Card)

3. Congratulations! You and your favorite person (wink to the player) of your choosing will enjoy your lucky fate. Just remember not to waste it on a Twilight movie.
(2 Free Movie Tickets)

4. In life, it is important to make those around you happy. Like an ancient proverb of Tony Soprano, “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.”
(Scratch Tickets)

5. It’s been a long night, hasn’t it? Why don’t you leave this party with a way to forget about it? Drink your problems away. It worked for Gary Busey... or was that LSD... mmmm....

(Nice Small Liquor Set)

BAD FATE - "Your fate is..... CRUEL!"

1. Perhaps Fate enjoys the classics or perhaps Fate enjoys tormenting you but tonight you'll be gracing us with... a little dance of your own that will finally show us how you really feel about... big butts. Come on X, you cannot lie and you other brothers here cannot deny...
(Start to play "I Like Big Butts" by Sir-Mix-a-Lot & Give Big Fake Ass Prop)

2. Beggars can’t be choosers. Beg the last player (if none, the next player) to play this game to spank you, thrice! And with Gusto! BTW, I like plenty of dirty talk while that is happening! Who's yo' daddy?

3. Sometimes life deals you lemons. Today, this humble and gracious host will hand you something else (Give Butler Bell) Enjoy your gift as you shall be the personal butler of the last lucky player of this game... as they are now LUCKIER! If there hasn’t been one yet then the next lucky player will not only win their prize… but also get a personal butler for the next hour ABSOLUTELY FREE!

4. So cruel in fact that you’ll be performing your very own rendition of “Mary Had a Little Lamb" for everyone here. Don’t forget to fully express yourself as you sing as I require a Lady Gagesque performance. In fact, I have provided an adequate prop for you... named Buttercup! Make sure to sure it plenty of affliction during your show.

(Give Lyric Card & Peter's Stuffed Sheep & Play Mary Had a Little Lamb.. take goddamn pictures!)

5. Innovation requires experimentation. Congratulations my friend you have been nominated to test out a special concoction for the sake of humanity. (NASTY DRINK - EGGS OF NEWT)

6. Thank you so much for volunteering to be my test subject, I do indeed have a very… interesting “selection” for you to taste tonight. (NASTY FOOD - BRAIN MOLD WITH STUFFING)

7. I’ve been checking you out this evening and I bet you got some hot moves. The next lucky player of this game will now enjoy a lap dance. Or if there has already been one, they are now even luckier! (pick the player) Show me what you got!

GUY ON GUY = Can I touch you there - Michael Bolton
GUY ON GIRL = Sexy and I know it - LMFAO
GIRL ON GIRL = Britney Spears - Hit me baby :)D)

GIRL ON GUY = Buttons - Pussycat Dolls

8. Were you nervous before I read the result of your fate? I sure would have been, look at what happened to X (name another party guest who had a very bad fate tonight). Sadly, you too shall experience an equally terrible fate....(pause for effect).... Fate has heard you love those Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Why don’t you don this little outfit and grace us for your best Captain Jack Sparrow impression for the next hour? (GIVE PIRATE PROPS & Jack Sparrow Cue Cards)

9. Awwww don't cry, sometimes life sucks... fate feels you need to be more joyful and what better way than to perform a little dance for us, the kind of dance that will put a smile on the face of everyone in this room. No more sucking and crying for you! (Play Jordy - Dur Dur D'etre Bebe + Baby Outfit)

10.You’ve been bitten by a zombie and have turned to one. You can now look forward to shuffling your feed around, wondering where your next meal is, flesh eating deceases, being a star on Dead Walking… at least for the next hour! (FIND PROPS FOR THIS)

11.You've been bitten by a Werewolf! You now have grown fur in the most unusual of places, you fear silver objects, you despise Vampires, you take off your shirt for no reason and right now have the irresistible urge to get on all fours and HOWL AS LOUD AS YOU CAN!

12.TWO BAD FATES. When the 2nd one is called, they are called up to dance, the Flamenco, one will be given a fate rose to put in their teeth. (PLAY Flamenco MUSIC + GIVE ROSE PROP)

13.Misery loves company. Last year, Peter had to endure the Macarena, Dan had to be serenaded by V for Vendetta and Jason had to endure the “TV show” Bachelor’s Pad… how can things get any worse? (Play Y.M.C.A.) Did I mention that this song lasts for 10 minutes?

14.Give me an F! Give me an A! Give me an I! Give me a L! What does it spell? FAIL! Now you did it, your bad fate has ruined my party! However, Fate has given you a chance to redeem yourself, take these and give me your best Cheer!
(Give Pom Poms)

UNDECIDED?

1. Fate is…. undecided…. Who says chivalry is dead? Show them how it’s done… and go serenade the last person who played this game (if this happens to be the first card, the next player). If you sing to the satisfaction of the guest you "could" win a prize!
(Play HELLO – Lionel Richie)
(PRIZE)

2. Fate is…. undecided…. You have the look of... a superstar. The kind that will fly high and score points for the home team and propel the fans to their feet. You have the aura of being... a clutch player to show up where it counts... Let's see if this holds true. (Give little Basketball) You'll be given the opportunity to throw 3 Shots... get all of them in, you'll get a GREAT PRIZE! If you don't get ANY in... you'll have the worst fate of them all tonight....
(PRIZE)
If they fail....
XXX

3. Fate is…. undecided…. Do an interpretive hula dance - for 3 minutes. If you don't perform this feat well to a great cheer from the crowd… you get to taste some of that NASTY FOOD!
(Play Pony - Ginuwine)

4. Fate is…. undecided…. Fate loves them playahs…. Are you a playah? If you can seduce the person to your right you can earn yourself a very nice prize but only if you can only manage to steal a few hugs and kisses from them... if not... a cruel fate shall await you..
(Play "I Love You Like a Love Song" - Selena Gomez while this goes on)

If they fail....

(Say a Poem to a Stranger you don't know while being uncomfortably close to them - like 1 foot)

If time could stand still, I’d freeze it here,
So you’d always hold me, close and near.
In your arms, where I’m meant to be,
Filled with the perfect love you’ve given me.

A bond so strong, a hold so tight,
To know you’re the one; my ‘Mr. Right’.
A blessing sent from up above,
In you I’ve found my one true love.

Our lives entwined to be as one,
Upon this journey we’ve just begun.
Where you and I will find no less,
Than eternal love and happiness.

5. Fate is…. undecided…. Get everyone’s attention and lead a sing along to the Adam’s Family theme song. If you perform this feat well, you get a prize, if you do not… you get to taste some of that NASTY FOOD.
(Play "Addams Family Theme Song")
(Cheap Halloween DVD)

Cards of Uncertainty:

Every Tempt your Fate envelope also provides a special Halloween card. At the end of the night, we'll draw a winner for a Grand Prize!

(ZOMBIE PACK! 28 days later, 28 weeks later and World War Z Hardcover book)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Wow, you must've been one hot pimp to get Shego ;), haha!

Ah, yay! Thank you so much! I'm excited to get going on this.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:rolleyes: - Oh Jay.

Jay

Jay

Don't make me point my pimp finger at you.

strawman

strawman

Hey, shego gave you that finger as a trophy - not to be used as some macabre prop in your evil machinations. Further, she only implied that it once belonged to a pimp. I don't think there's conclusive evidence either way.

Jay

Jay

Alcohol secured!

DSC03140.JPG

makare

As the forumites who are my FB friends might remember my family left our christmas tree up this year so we could decorate it for each holiday as it comes. I just put the decoration on the halloween tree and it is super cute! I'll take a pic tomorrow when it is lighter in here. I forgot my good camera. I love halloween!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

No rum? or Crown? Or Jack?

Son, I am disappoint.

Seriously though, that looks like a nice selection... with a definite preference indicated... *grins*

Jay

Jay

Hehe... the Party Punch and Shots are going to be very... Tequila-ish this year. Last year I had 3 bottles of rum, black vodka and a huge bottle of jack daniels that didn't last the night. I wanted a change of pace this year.

It's a BYOB/BYOD... and people leave my house in taxis or sleep over when the night is said and done.
Added at: 19:37
:rolleyes: - Oh Jay.
Oooh yeaaa!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I have never wanted a ticket to Canada so bad in my life...

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

For those thinking of watching a movie on Halloween, go pick up Trick 'r Treat. It's a horror film that really has the feel of Halloween to it (i.e., scares with a sense of fun to the proceedings).

Jay

Jay

I have never wanted a ticket to Canada so bad in my life...
And the next day we'll hit... La Banquise my friend.

(google it)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

If it's Halloween and you're NOT watching Army of Darkness, you're doing it wrong.
Added at: 19:53
And the next day we'll hit... La Banquise my friend.

(google it)
*drools*

I might have to have the Poutine Dan Dan, based solely on the fact that it's my name, twice. Also, pepperoni + bacon? Yes, please!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

For those thinking of watching a movie on Halloween, go pick up Trick 'r Treat. It's a horror film that really has the feel of Halloween to it (i.e., scares with a sense of fun to the proceedings).
I actually got that last year and meant to watch it... I guess I need to look now.

makare

I recently discovered Malibu and that would be the drink of choice at any party I had.

in the form of bahama mamas.

Far

Far

Malibu is bottled at least in the my hometown in southern ontario, not quite the island life they depict in the commercials.

makare

I get it for the taste not the image. I actually had to go look up the name of it I just called it coconut rum. crum.

Far

Far

Never actually tried it myself, I've just always found that bit of info interesting. Although I suppose I shouldn't expect much, if any, truth from the mouths those in advertising.

In more related news, I've decided to attempt making the prawn arm after all for a party. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. So far I've just been gathering reference shots as well as tutorials on forming and casting moulds.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Best. Dog. Costume. Ever.

strawman

strawman

DERP HURRRRRRR

GasBandit

GasBandit

Quick, I gotta go register doginabodysock.com! It'll make millions!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It seems I won't be on the hunt and barhopping solo this Halloween. Things continue well with "comic book cutie" so far and it looks like she's going to be my date for the evening's debachery on Oct 31st.

Still not 100% set on what the plan is, but there's a good chance of pics.

Chronos[Ha-G]

Oh yeah - forgot. I dropped off the forums so long, I forgot to mention to people that I've gotten married since I regularly posted last - the day before Halloween. First anniversary is coming up this year. At least I'll never forget our anniversary, heh.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Got most of my son's costume put together now. Hat, tunic, belt, pants, undershirt, boots are all set. I have the cardboard and foam to give a sword and shield a try, and we bought a generic sword and shield at the dollar store in case my attempt doesn't pan out.

He's pretty excited, though, was wearing the costume all afternoon. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Freakin, sweeet.

Jay

Jay

Started working on Project B and C. Decorations are set to be put up this weekend. Pictures to follow.

90% of the people invited to my Halloween party have confirmed the rest are generally waiting on babysitter availability. This is going to rock!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Hopefully, I'll finish most of my ghostie costume tonight so I can post some pictures! Yay!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I can't wait until I have a house and can decorate and throw Halloween parties....

Seriously, people around Oakville/ Mississauga don't even decorate. It saddens me. Halloween has ALWAYS been my favourite time of year.

For this year, my plans are confirmed; going to the Steam Whistle Brewery Halloween party.
Still no idea on the costume front though. Going inspiration shopping on Saturday. Just looking at stuff in Value Village and in some arts stores and stuff, seeing if any of it gives me some ideas, or if I can piece together a quick way to put together one of the three potential costumes I've got in my head right now.

I'm also getting myself pumped for the Toronto Zombie Walk, which is next Saturday. Just taking stock of my zombie kit tonight, to see what materials I still need to acquire.

Jay

Jay

Serious progress done Project B and C . Waiting on my last coat of paint on the Burning Coals to be dry before I move on with project B. Both should be done by the weekend (I'll try to get pics up).

Weekend will be busy, we'll be decorating the house, putting up the tapestries on the walls.. etc.

Jay

Jay

Got myself my costume... Master Chef.... with a 'stash... I'll be sporting a terrible French accent all night long....

Also....

sluts.jpg

Jay

Jay

Project B - Code Named "Chaudron de Sorciere"

Firstly, you'll need to get your hands on a relatively large cauldron. I already had this one for years but I've seen them as low as $10. If you already have one for some time, it may be due for some cleaning. (we used to use this one for last year's punch bowl - this year we got a smaller one... well smaller ones.... heh heh)

Before

DSC03197.JPG

After

DSC03201.JPG

I bought two strings of green lights at Home Depot for $2.99 each, sadly green isn't a popular Halloween color at the 1$ store. Always make sure to test them out.

DSC03199.JPG

Next step requires me to use my drill to puncture 3 holes around and just under the rim of the cauldron so that I can pass a fish line wire between them.

DSC03200.JPG

DSC03203.JPG

Next step is very simple... taking a break and eating some warm apple pie made by my lovely wife-to-be.

DSC03204.JPG

Once the entire pie has been ravaged you move on and place a transparent plexiglass over the fishing wire so that it'll cover the opening of the cauldron except 1 inch on the sides where the smoke exits will be limited.

DSC03235.JPG

The next part requires a bit of effort, you'll need to puncture a hole in the back of the cauldron so that you can place a cylinder inside of it and allow an exit for the electric wire. This depends entirely of your "fog maker". Mine was 4 inches wife, 1/2 inch tall but I've seen fog exits to be various sizes. I was lucky to have some junk in the garage that I could use as the bridge between the cauldron and the fog maker.

DSC03234.JPG

DSC03237.JPG

After a bit of leveling fixing, the "smoke" will glide easily into the cauldron and float eerily upwards. Once my main room has been prepared for the party, I'll fix the wires, levels, etc... to make it even more awesome.

I turn on the fog maker, wait a few minutes, then dim the lights... this is what it looks like... along with Project A.

DSC03227.JPG

DSC03226.JPG

The lighting from the digital camera doesn't do it justice. Still going to keep working on it once the room is setup this weekend.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You're so cool Jay! I love all your craftiness. =^^=

Jay

Jay

Oh... and Project C is almost done... but it's for the dinner table. It's artsie fartsie.

Gusto

Gusto

Going to a party on Saturday with my new girlfriend. We're wearing a couple's theme. Not one of my more inspired costumes but damn she'll look good.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Your new new girlfriend?

Gusto

Gusto

The girl I've been dating for 5 days.
Added at: 22:39
Officially, anyway. We had our first date on October 2nd after being matched on eHarmony on September 26th.

Jay

Jay

What costume?

:awesome:

Piotyr

Piotyr

She's going as a flasher and you're going as a trench coat?

Gusto

Gusto

I'll be wearing a cartoonish striped prison jumpsuit and she'll be wearing a sexy cop dress with thigh-highs and aviators. And cuffs.

Jay

Jay

I love Halloween costumes for women.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Daaang.

Far

Far

Still working on my costume, most everything else is finished but the hand is taking a bit longer than I thought it would. Here's a preview of what I have done so far. Still needs lots of work as this is little more than the basic shape.
Before tonight:

After:

drifter

drifter

Maybe next Halloween...

LittleSin

LittleSin

Steam punk costume almost completed. Not completely accurate but it's good enough for the few parties I must attend. Just need to get a few safety pins. I wish I had found a place to get me gears and cogs though.

drifter

drifter

I wish I had found a place to get me gears and cogs though.
Foamcore, X-Acto knife, and patience will get you some gears. Kind of a pain in the ass, though. May not be worth the effort unless you're into it.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You can buy gears and cogs at just about any steam punk store online, but they tend to cost far too much. You'd honestly have a cheaper time going to a junkyard, cracking open some machines and then cleaning off the rust/oil at home.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Pumpkin's done! This year I made a Haunter from Pokemon! Sorry for the image quality of the lit up one, but the light didn't show up well on the camera. I guess the candle's not bright enough or the holes aren't big enough.

CRIM0008.JPG

CRIM0007.JPG

Jay

Jay

Nice! My pumpkins are done as well! I did a scary tree, woman stuck to the more traditional look.

DSC03243.JPG
DSC03251.JPG
DSC03252.JPG
DSC03253.JPG
DSC03254.JPG
DSC03255.JPG
DSC03257.JPG
DSC03260.JPG

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Lovin' the pumpkins!!
Husband and I are carving our tomorrow! I think we're doing Vader, Batman, Zero and whatever his second pumpkin ends up being. =^^=

LittleSin

LittleSin

halloween.jpg

My future brother-in-law (I hope!) and myself at the Halloween party last night. Bask in my inaccurate steam punk costume...and the fact you can't see my cane that well.

Piotyr

Piotyr

So, my brother and I did a lot of work on my son's halloween costume today, specifically the sword and shield...

First, a reference image:

So, I started with a construction paper cutout as a sort of stencil so I could get the shape right without destroying anything expensive:
Shield Start.png

I traced the shield shape out of cardboard, one with the grain and one against the grain for strength. I then glued them together with spray adhesive:
Shield Adhesive.png

Next, I measured where my son's arm would go on the shield, and cut out slits for two straps (from the nearest hardware store):
Shield Strap.png

Shield Strap Back.png

After both straps were in right, I made a third cutout of the shield using foam board to get the front shiny, and glued that to the front of the shield with spray adhesive:
Shield Adhesive Third Layer.png

I still need to color the front brown, and decorate the front with craft felt (was the closest thing I could find). So here's where the shield is at now:
Shield Final 10-22.png

As for the sword, here's a reference image:

I made several cutouts for the sword pieces:
Cutouts.png

To start, I traced two blade parts out of craft foam, and then taped the edges together using foil tape:
Sword Start.png

After the edges were taped tightly, I inserted a rounded wooden dowel (again, hardware store) 1/2" in diameter to give the sword structure and add a little notch in the middle to make the blade look a little more realistic:
Sword Dowel.png

I then carefully covered the rest of the blade in foil tape and smoothed it out with the other half of the dowel:
Sword Foil.png

Next, I cut out a handguard out of craft foam, and notched both the blade and the handguard so they'd fit together without spinning in the dowel. I then covered the handguard in duct tape and taped it to the blade. So here's where that is now:
Sword Final 10-22.png

For this, I still need to finish the handle with orange tape I bought and the round nub at the end I cut out of craft foam.

Coming along pretty well, though.

General Specific

General Specific

I'm not dressing up this year... except here.

Piotyr

Piotyr

One down, one to go...

Sword Complete.png

John2749

Mike and I are going as Creepers. Not Minecraft, but Lonely Island's "The Creep" video. :3
I had the same exact idea! But I don't have the costume yet..

GasBandit

GasBandit

Get your halloween butthurt right here!

Soooooo...

That's right, get ready for the cavalcade of glorious insensitivity to the serially offended!

strawman

strawman

There's still time for you to add these to your halloween party, and they are awesome!

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/ediblethinginajar

Yes, they are edible, and, I'm told, very tasty:

Jay

Jay

Been very busy... haven't posted much the last few days. Project C is done but I can't be bothered putting it up before Saturday. :)

House is transformed, working on the finer details. 95% of the invitations have RSVPed... it's going to be a busy and AWESOME night.

Except an epic thread once I download pictures.

Gusto

Gusto

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

... My Haunter kinda feels weak and inferior now.

Jay

Jay

Meh... I bet that wasn't done with tools I bought from the 1$ shop!

fade

fade

While those are technically impressive, I like fresh takes on scary faces more. Or at least something horror themed.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You'd be surprised... most of the stuff the pros use are re-purposed wood working tools and stuff designed on the fly, but those tools you can get at the dollar store aren't that much different. I think I need to pony up for a good set though... right now I'm using a single saw with a single blade, a box cutter, and an ice cream scoop. Anything else I have to make on my own.

But honestly, you could do those with the cheap kits plus a box cutter. Just score it, then use the box cutter to cut a shallow length into the pumpkin. Pry up the skin. I tried it out a bit on the back of my pumpkin this year and it's actually not that hard. You just need to make sure you take out enough flesh that the light can still shine through.

Jay

Jay

Yeah but are they able to carve that shit while drunk?

I think not.

So I win by default.

Dei

Dei

I love all the eevee ones... And since my kids are dressed as Ash and Dawn this year, it may be a good pumpkin carving experiment for this year... Hmm.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My friend got sick and we wound up not going to the Steam Whistle party, even though we already bought our tickets.
Now I have no Halloween plans, which sucks cause I LOVE HALLOWEEN DAMMIT.

Jay

Jay

Sucks man :(

Jay

Jay

Too tired to continue tonight, but things are almost ready.

Here's a snapshot of the living room I just took.

DSC03281.JPG

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

^That is exactly the kind of thing I can't wait to have a house for. And decorating the outside. Seriously, people around here hardly decorate at all. Back home it was pretty big. Wherever I wind up living when I settle down into a house of my own, I'm going all out.

Steve

Steve

Because I care about you all:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0058/0058_01.asp

"Satanic human sacrifices are a slap in God's face."

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ghostie preview. =^^= We're doing a real photoshoot for this tomorrow, I'm so excited! Also, more blurry pictures of me!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Are you the ghost of someone who died in the 80's? That hair...

You look great Kags. I can't wait for the photoshoot.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Haha pretty much! I hadn't decided what to do with it, so I just stuck some hair pins in it. =^^= And hey, I was born in the 80's, represent!

Thanks friend. =^^= I hope it turns out okay.

Jay

Jay

Party is now over, I got 7 drunk people crashing... sitting in my bed trying to calm down to go to bed.... but I'm not sober and the party was awesome. Pictures to come. Tequila and Blue Curacao wins.

Good fucken times.
Added at: 02:04
ps u look hot there kaggie.

mmm hottie of halloween past?

makare

Just got back from my friends party. It was a blast. Did a lot of dancing and a lot of drinking and a lot of other stuff. Fun fun fun.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Heh, I'm imagining you being drunk and saying that, so it's funny. =^^= But thank you! I appreciate the compliment, Jay.

I'm glad your party went well, I can't wait to see pictures!!

My friends and I are kinda backward - we're more excited to go to the haunted Sugar Plant to take pictures then the actual party part, I'll probably post some pictures of both though. Yay! Leaving in just a few hours to take pic's!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I feel the need to actually contribute something to this fine thread so here's a halloween greeting from my new son (born October 21st).

And here's a few jack-o-lanterns that my wife, brother, future sister in law and I carved for halloween.

I'll be taking my three year old trick or treating this year so I'll have to post some pictures of that (should be amusing)

Also Jay, you're decorations and house setup are freaking amazing. I hope to be able to do that sort of thing someday when the kids are older.

Jay

Jay

25+ pancakes later, everyone has finally left. Good times. I'm checking the pictures later, should have some up tonight!

I don't even remember I posted last night, WTF.
Added at: 12:48
TiggerBabyPumpkin is cool.

Shannow

Shannow

Asshole yacht captain, the 1%!

Jay

Jay

Dude... that's cool. :)

makare

One of my classmates was dressed like a yacht guy too and he had a sexy chick.. ok now that I think about it that might have been a reference to Stewie's sexy party I don't know I was quiet drunk.
There were a lot of cool costumes at the party I went to: a very well done Gaddafi, Favre and his penis, at least half the cast of Jersey Shore, lots of Droogs, and winged folk such as myself (including Jobs's angel). Also my favorite were my friend's boyfriend and her brother who went as Wayne and Garth. I loved it.

Shannow

Shannow

Dude... that's cool. :)
best 17 bucks spent at the thrift store!

linglingface

linglingface

Loving everyone's costumes and decorations!! :D

We had our party last night. I lost my camera at GeekGirlCon so I just have this for now:

Got my Creep on last night! Also had my iPod and mini speaker with the video loaded on to it.

MaryMarvel

Halloween was never a big thing back home in Australia... but in the states?? WOW! I've only been trick or treating once, believe it or not... and that was in 2007! Was a makeshift Batgirl... not too bad, got a lot of chocolate.. and then never did it again lol I hope no one comes around this year b/c I want to eat the chocolate I bought haha

In any case, Happy Halloween!

Jay

Jay

^ That look. :unibrow:

And Heatherling... that outfit is aweeeesome. Is there mooooore?

Sadly, I probably will have to upload my pictures tomorrow night.... will be far too busy tonight with Halloween as I'll be doing my first "parenting walk" with my nephew.... her mother got the flu and asked us to take him out.

But a taste.... from pictures online from one of my friends of the party.

379813_10150919789825341_877540340_21731017_1075181983_n.jpg
299975_10150364363159886_749939885_7913615_202466612_n.jpg

Added at: 11:01
Progressively More Evil Master Chef Jay

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If pictures ever surface of what happened from Saturday till this morning, let me know. It'd probably be nice to figure out why I'm so ridiculously sore. All I remember was starting the weekend on Saturday late afternoon, picking up "CBC" at her place when I got out of work, then waking up this morning on her friend's bed and noone was home.

Will not be doing "ANYTHING" tonight.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I discovered I'm not a good hostess. I was to distracted by the party itself to actually play any of the games I had planned...But it was still fun!

I'll have pictures up sometime soon. Mostly of the photoshoot we did yesterday, not so much the party. Which, the photoshoot was awesome!! I can't wait to show you guys some pictures. =^^=

strawman

strawman

The screams of abject terror from small children are so... satisfying.

So many wouldn't get near the house. The first thing you notice is the entire front window appears to be a video screen, playing looping videos of eyes, ghosts, and other such things. Once you get bored of that you might notice the van is severely askew in the driveway. Perhaps you first notice the floating ghost driver, or the person lying still under the front tire with some dark liquid proceeding from their midsection. Those that brave the drive are rewarded with the sound of the air hammer just as they pass within feet of the deceased mechanic.

Of course, there is candy, so you might choose to continue to the front door, where you'll notice some drifting smoke, a colorful cauldron of misting, bubbling liquid, spider webs and so forth.

Just as you reach out to knock or ring the doorbell, the door violently opens inward, and a dorky guy bellows "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!"

----------

Last year I could count on one hand the number of kids who wouldn't approach the house. This year there were too many to count. Lots of positive comments from those that made it all the way through.

Behind the scenes:

I put boards inside the clothes for the dead mechanic, then stuffed them with leaves, including gloves, socks, and shoes. Driving the van on top of the portion with the boards lifted the van up several inches while twisting the body grotesquely. I added a hose from the other side of the car under the mechanic so there would be a constant trickle of water from below the mechanic. I added the air tool so in context people would think he was working on the car and something went wrong, but then I realized I could probably control the air tool remotely. It was an annoying amount of work to get it done right, but I ended up with a valve near the front door inside the house so I could turn the air tool on easily.

I didn't want to be visible, peering out at the people all the time, so I set up two cheap security cameras I had lying around for years and never used. From just inside the front door I could view the driveway leading up past the mechanic and van, and the front door. This allowed me to easily time the air tool and opening the front door. The cameras have audio, so the delicious screams were enjoyed by all in the house.

The front window was a bedsheet with a projector shining on it. The projector was connected to the computer, and was playing a loop of videos from hallowindow.com. They are actually very nice videos, and I'm happy to support the artists who created the animation and sound. We set some cheap computer speakers outside the front window.

We had a few other minor decorations, but we only had to purchase the animations, so the outlay for today's haunting was under $40.

Next year I need better cameras. I could only tell that people were approaching due to the combination of low light and the cheap security cameras. The cameras are night vision with infrared lights, but not bright enough to see the driveway easily. I would have liked to gauge the age of the approaching trick or treaters so I could avoid scaring the very small children, but the grainy black and white video, mostly pitch black, merely served to give me an idea that someone was near the right spot to be scared.

The very small children screamed the loudest.

It was the teenagers, though, that jumped and ran - boy can they move when properly motivated.

I might have some pictures and possibly video later. Next year I'll need to plan ahead and record the video cameras as well.

Adam

Adammon

My wife had to go to Vancouver for work for the week, so I`m stuck home alone giving out candy. :( booo :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Last two years, we didn't get a single trick-or-treater for all the candy we bought, so we didn't bother this year. This year, bunch of kids come running into the building, knocking on one apartment door after another, and we had nothing. Sucks.

makare

My wife had to go to Vancouver for work for the week, so I`m stuck home alone giving out candy. :( booo :(
I pushed like there but really in Stienman's I commiserate way. Handing out candy together has been a family tradition of mine for years and we are all alone in different towns this year. I am sad. :(

Hylian

Hylian

Here are some pics of my costume this year

makare

I used that bowl for candy too! Hi five for that cheap assed bowl!

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Just watched all of season one of Marble Hornets with a few friends for Halloween.

...I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. If I try, it won't be a good night's rest.

linglingface

linglingface

^ That look. :unibrow:

And Heatherling... that outfit is aweeeesome. Is there mooooore?

Sadly, I probably will have to upload my pictures tomorrow night.... will be far too busy tonight with Halloween as I'll be doing my first "parenting walk" with my nephew.... her mother got the flu and asked us to take him out.

But a taste.... from pictures online from one of my friends of the party.

View attachment 3231View attachment 3232
Added at: 11:01
Progressively More Evil Master Chef Jay
Haha nice mustache! More evil chef pictures, please!!

I lost my camera at GeekGirlCon so I only have my phone pic for now. T^T Hoping my friend gets some pictures up soon. This is going to be the first Halloween costume that I'll wear again at con some time! Too fun!
Here's Mike with his creep 'stache...

We made some fun food for the party!

Ran out of licorice so the back witches have frosting hair.

These went SO FAST... I only got to eat one!

Ran out of tic tacs for one of the skeletons!

Brains were filled with strawberry jam! :)

We also had "brain" jello shots! Peach jello (+peach schnapps) and before it settled we used a syringe to get some irish cream in there and it looked super disgusting and tasted SO GOOD. Mmmmm

There was some delicious stew, apple cider and also deviled eggs (with red pepper devil horns).

Today I went easy and wore cat ears to work.

Quiet night. We live in a gated community and last year had approximately 2 trick or treaters. Handing out candy is fun, but I kind of like that it's quiet. :)
Happy Halloween!!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Actually ran out of candy this year. That's a good sign, as we haven't had more than 30-40 beggars a year since 2001.

Bones

Bones

you look like some sort of very smart barbie, not a creep btw

grub

grub

Here is the Pumpkin I carved for me this year:
DSC09926.JPG

And here is the one I carved for my daughter:
DSC09909.JPG

I thought I did pretty well until I saw my friends:
debbie's.jpg

strawman

strawman

Hey, I actually got a video up in a somewhat reasonable amount of time:

Piotyr

Piotyr

Loving everyone's costumes and decorations!! :D

We had our party last night. I lost my camera at GeekGirlCon so I just have this for now:

Got my Creep on last night! Also had my iPod and mini speaker with the video loaded on to it.
Hey, that's offensive! We're a culture, NOT a costume.

Adam

Adammon

Waiting for the Charlie furor over this:

fade

fade

386467_2434960746125_1014894694_32788155_1567847289_n.jpg

Gryfter

Gryfter

My kids on Halloween. My son is Link and my daughter is Steve from Minecraft. Oh and that's me trying to get my hand out of the picture and not succeeding.

Dei

Dei

IMG_0446.JPG

My kids had spent part of the summer playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl together (I think it's the most co-op friendly Pokemon game with all the stuff it has), so they requested these costumes.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Kudos Gryfter, on the awesome Minecraft and Link costumes!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

HEY! it's a Culture, not a Costume...

Chibibar

we got like 60$ worth of candies (full bars like Snickers and skittles) but there was a curfew 8:30 pm. so got lots of candy left :(
Note: I didn't find out the curfew until I drove by the police station (behind my house and one street over) there was a marquee. I hardly go that way so I didn't know. sadness.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Cheez and Crackers... I can't get my head around curfews...

Gryfter

Gryfter

We gave out candy from 5:30 to 8:30 and only stopped because we ran out. Now we know for next year.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I got no trick or treaters. We left at 7:30 to go see Ghostbusters...my father in law says after we left no trick or treaters showed up. My parents got 6. What is wrong with the world? :(

Chibibar

Cheez and Crackers... I can't get my head around curfews...
I know. I remember when I use to trick or treat until like 11pm ;)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I got no trick or treaters. We left at 7:30 to go see Ghostbusters...my father in law says after we left no trick or treaters showed up. My parents got 6. What is wrong with the world? :(
As my post said, it's been steadily increasing in these parts.

Dei

Dei

We turned our lights off at 8:30 because Trick or Treaters became sporadic by 8:10, most kids went out as soon as it got dark and were done by then.

linglingface

linglingface

Pear cider. Mmmm... hate beer but love my cider. :) This does not even look like me...

Creeper kiss!

We all had drinks then played Quelf! <3 If you haven't played Quelf, you should. It's random fun.

Jay

Jay

Some of my... tamer pictures. Still waiting on everyone's photo albums...

DSC03281.JPG
DSC03305.JPG
DSC03306.JPG
DSC03308.JPG
DSC03311.JPG
DSC03313.JPG
DSC03318.JPG
DSC03325.JPG
DSC03326.JPG
DSC03331.JPG
DSC03359.JPG
DSC03365.JPG
DSC03388.JPG
DSC03400.JPG
DSC03401.JPG
DSC03402.JPG
DSC03405.JPG
IMG_3578.JPG

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Some of my... tamer pictures. Still waiting on everyone's photo albums...

YUMMY!!! :puke:

Jay

Jay

More!

IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg
IMG_0259.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg
DSC03481.JPG
DSC03388.JPG
DSC03399.JPG
DSC03400.JPG
DSC03413.JPG
DSC03462.JPG
DSC03498.JPG

figmentPez

figmentPez

Hey, I actually got a video up in a somewhat reasonable amount of time:
and I did not watch it in a reasonable amount of time, but that was amazing.

strawman

strawman

Haha, the Halloween thread is still open! Time to post 2012 Halloween stuff.

We spent way. Too. Much. Time. On costumes this year, but we got a lot of positive comments, so the kids thought it was great:

And we spent less than $150 for eight costumes, so it wasn't terribly expensive.

Have no idea where we're going to store them though... Maybe eBay them so we don't have to.

jwhouk

jwhouk

And THIS is why not having NHL hockey in Canada is such a bad idea.

;)

Jay

Jay

He does this every year.

Far

Far

In that vein, this has been floating around my facebook wall today.

Also, I'm going as Rorscach, again. I did the costume a few years back and wasn't planning on doing anything this year until I found out I have to work. I'll post pictures once I finish getting everything set up.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Far

Far

Said I'd put some pictures up once I had everything together so here they are. The mask didn't come out quite like I had hoped it would, but I do have an idea as to how to improve it for next time.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Phenomenal costume Far!

Our Halloween had to be the best we've had in years and we've had some amazing Halloweens. The kids brought in a table covering amount of candy (quality shit too I may add, full size candy bars, all brand name candy etc), their home-made costumes were literally the talk of the entire neighborhood and they posed for pictures all night. Considering posting up a pic of my little trio soon as I get them uploaded.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Bah... my digital camera crapped out and I can't put up a picture until I get my roll of film developed (which could be months from now). So I'm just going to post up my stencil.

2010pumpkin-52.jpg

Fry from Futurama got me many compliments during the night, but everyone kept calling him "Simpsons Guy".