Official Halforums Halloween Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halloween is COMING!​

One of my favorite times of year is coming. Nothing beats a good Halloween themed party with fun games to play, awesome decorations, plenty of drinks and snacks to enjoy, interesting social situations, a slutty lady costume to look at all night and of course… enjoy later on.

How many of you are excited about Halloween? Did you choose any outfits yet? What are your plans for the night? Discuss.

Are any of your throwing any Halloween parties? Since we bought our house two years ago I’ve been throwing them (a big issue earlier in my life with strict and boring parents) with my fiancée and we’ve been having a blast. Every year we plan to make it bigger and bigger and the downtime in the summer has finally allowed me to fully research what I want to build on and write down new things to try. It’s never too early to start planning the party of the year!

For example, I’m probably going to try to build a few props of my own instead of buying them at inflated prices in the stores, try new recipes, new games...etc…

I fully plan to share them in this thread as the weeks go by.

Come one; come all, what is going on with you during this event? Do you have any pictures to share? Etc.

There's a reason I have the 2 days after Halloween off every year. Work all day, go out, get drunk, find slutty girl in slutty outfit, wake up at her place, go home and enjoy the rest of my week.

Then again, that sounds like a majority of my weekends, except this time there will be costumes.... well more costumes than usual anyway.

Long boring truth of it is that I never got to "enjoy" Halloween as a kid. My family didn't really do the Halloween thing (they were lights off, don't answer the door people) and when I moved out at 16, I was living with an older woman who was already "past that age". So I've spent almost every Halloween just dressing up in something revealing and hunting down cuties wearing the same, usually in club/bars/wherever the biggest party is that year.

I've always wanted to build awesome and funny halloween props. My dancing ghost in the window two years ago made it so a few kids wouldn't even approach the front porch. I obviously need something a little more benign on first glance that only becomes scary once they're already up there...

M

makare

I have my own place so im mostly excited about my costume, trick or treaters, my friends parties and pug-o-ween in omaha. My friend has three pugs so she and I and a couple other friends are taking them to hang out with other pugs.

It should be fun. I also found a bunch of harry potter themed treats I want to make this year. Halloween is my family's favorite holiday so we'll see what we do.

I've always wanted to build awesome and funny halloween props. My dancing ghost in the window two years ago made it so a few kids wouldn't even approach the front porch. I obviously need something a little more benign on first glance that only becomes scary once they're already up there...
Then you need to prop yourself up on the front porch.

Dave

Staff member
Pug-o-ween? In Omaha?

We'll be out front of our house with the fire pit going, giving candy to the little kiddos.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've planted the idea in the little woman's head for us to have costumes as Annie and Tibbers. Her only major objection is that she doesn't think anybody will recognize it. Myself, my only misgiving is in the quality of the Tibbers costume. I want the glowy eyes and giant claws. If I could figure out a way to safely be engulfed in flames in it, I'd do that too.

M

makare

I've planted the idea in the little woman's head for us to have costumes as Annie and Tibbers. Her only major objection is that she doesn't think anybody will recognize it. Myself, my only misgiving is in the quality of the Tibbers costume. I want the glowy eyes and giant claws. If I could figure out a way to safely be engulfed in flames in it, I'd do that too.
What are they from?

GasBandit

Staff member
What are they from?
League of Legends. She's one of the more prominent, well known characters there. Annie "the Dark Child" is the character, she has a teddy bear named "Tibbers" who is actually a demon imprisoned by a transmogrification. Her "ultimate" attack is to let Tibbers off the leash, so to speak. His summoning does substantial damage to all enemies around him, and he continues to chase and attack any survivors, while also doing further damage to everything around him for the duration of his presence because he is on fire.

"You smell like... burning! Hee hee hee..." - Annie

fade

Staff member
I love Halloween. I usually set up something on the porch. I'm between houses right now, though. Last year was fun. I terrified some kids to the point of tears. All I did was dress like in black clothes with a Jason hockey mask. I had a machete mounted on the wall with a crudely written "Ol' Faithful" underneath. Lots of other little decorations. But what really got them was that I stood there when the kids came up, already outside, and I never said a word. They would say "Trick or Treat", and I'd slowly drop in candy, never breaking eye contact. It sounds plain, but it worked like a champ.

Also, I set up two laptops in the upstairs windows with continuous video loop of an eye, so that it looked like the house was staring out.

I will be fully moved into my new house by then. I plan on putting up a few decorations at least and may have a party. If so, any forumites in the area are welcome to drop by. :D

I only got 4 trick or treat-er's last year. :( It gets less and less every year because parents want to keep their precious little snow flakes out of the dark and cold.

I took Jet around last year and we only hit about 6 houses, excluding immediate relatives, because no one else was home or had any candy. The streets were damn near vacant as well.

Compare this to when I was a kid and I used to have to make the long trek back home to 'reload' on pillow cases.

I only got 4 trick or treat-er's last year. :( It gets less and less every year because parents want to keep their precious little snow flakes out of the dark and cold.

I took Jet around last year and we only hit about 6 houses, excluding immediate relatives, because no one else was home or had any candy. The streets were damn near vacant as well.

Compare this to when I was a kid and I used to have to make the long trek back home to 'reload' on pillow cases.
Lots of people are doing planned trick or treat parties now or taking advantage of businesses and malls that provide a safe place to trick or treat (and drum up business). There's also this impression that the streets aren't as safe as they were in our childhoods when this is generally not true.

But then again, I blame 9/11 (seriously). The year before that happened was the last time we had more than 20-30 kids during the night.

Well, you know those damned Muslims are just waiting in the dark, ready to snatch up and eat your children. Just like the Gays. :rolleyes:

GasBandit

Staff member
I dunno, I remember trick or treating not even happening properly in 1998 or 1999 or so. But more than 9/11, I think more of the blame rests on the media capitalization and sensationalism of "predators who want to have sex with your child are NEAR YOU NOW" stuff.

I get well over 150+ kids every year here. My neighborhood is literally a baby making factory.

Here are a few pics from my Halloween party last year :

11151_343473775401_775945401_9916783_3957652_n.jpg
11151_343473810401_775945401_9916787_4018865_n.jpg
11151_343473925401_775945401_9916801_7915484_n.jpg
14342_217007298272_715383272_4105055_5776598_n.jpg
14342_217007328272_715383272_4105060_508705_n.jpg

My first prop project is to create a fake charcoal fire for under a bigger cauldron I plan to buy. I'll prolly start in a few weeks time.

Last chance I had to decorate for Halloween, I turned the whole house into a giant spiderweb, hand crafted with twine and knitted bleached bones throughout it. Wore my traditional bone mask and black clothes and had a pile of leaves rigged to explode as they walked past it.

I never seem to do anything for Halloween every year. For one, I can never think of anything to dress up as (and any time I go looking in the costume shops, pretty much all of them get an "eh" reaction from me).Most times, by the time I remember the holiday, it's already too late to find any decent costume or think of anything.

Never really lived anywhere that could get Trick 'r Treaters, either.

So, yeah. Wish I did more but never really do.

I never seem to do anything for Halloween every year. For one, I can never think of anything to dress up as (and any time I go looking in the costume shops, pretty much all of them get an "eh" reaction from me).Most times, by the time I remember the holiday, it's already too late to find any decent costume or think of anything.

Never really lived anywhere that could get Trick 'r Treaters, either.

So, yeah. Wish I did more but never really do.
How about... Drunken Superman? Don't know where I got the idea from. :whistling:

Best friend's birthday is Halloween, so it is always on our minds. She has a ridiculous amount of Halloween decorations that just continues to grow each year, and this year we're hoping to throw a better party than last year's mess of a party. :D

I can never decide on a costume... I always start brainstorming at least a month in advance, but then I always end up making a costume within a few days to 2 weeks before Halloween (most of the time within a week). And then they are always thrown out right after because they're put together so quickly that I just don't see myself wearing them ever again.
Hoping this year will be different, but we'll see what happens!

fade

Staff member
Me as "God's gift to women", and the wife as a geophysicist/nerd/me because she thinks she's funny.

I had planned to make myself an awesome steampunk outfit for Halloween this year, but I think I'm going to be short on time/funds this year. =/ However, I am making costumes for my kids, this year they are both big on playing Pokemon together, so they are going out as Ash and Dawn.

M

makare

My friend and I already carved some pumpkins. That is my favorite part of halloween.

After seeing that Users found this page searching for: Tibbers Costume, I totally have this urge to dress my daughter up as Annie and my son as a giant flaming bear. Alas, too late for that this year. :p

Aren't they going to rot soon though? Depends on the weather... but they tend to last about 3 weeks here before going.... nasty.

Depends, you can buy those fake carveable pumpkins at any craft store, and those last forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.