Official Goblins (comic) Thread

Will Chief ultimately survive this encounter?

• Yes, Chief will survive

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, Chief will not survive

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I can close this poll now?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • When did we get that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's going to be a scene soon where it's a flashback to Thaco holding a baby Complains of names and calling him by some, presumably, nickname that only Thaco calls him. Thaco is going to give Names the axe and banish him to hell, using his true name, with it to prevent the demon god from escaping. I think that page is coming up soon.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ellipis, author/artist of Goblins has started a GoFundMe: Elli Is Now Homeless And Needs Help

I'm so, so sorry to do this.

I've spent the past months trying everything I can, to find a way out, without asking for help. I've lost my friends in the divorce, so I have no one stay with. I've been in talks with five different homeless shelters, but they're all full, due to the extreme weather and the current housing crisis. I've been staying with people in Alabama (which has been more expensive than I can afford) for the past handful of months, but my allowed time in the USA is about to expire and I have to return to Canada at the end of January. I'm very scared. Panic attacks and depression have become common place.

I need money to stay somewhere, while I sort this all out. I need money to travel to Canada, I need money for a lawyer, and I need money for my medications. Without a roof, a desk, and an internet connection, I can't continue the comic, and without Goblins, I don't have an income.

I think that if I can just claw my way out of this horribleness, I can regain some normalcy. I'm so ashamed to have hit this rock bottom. But at this point I'm more afraid, than I am embarrassed. If you can please help me out even a tiny bit, it would literally mean the world to me.

Thank you, and again... I'm so sorry to ask this of you.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ellipis, author/artist of Goblins has started a GoFundMe: Elli Is Now Homeless And Needs Help
Update
Elli Goblins is feeling much better.png

" This is AMAZING! For the first time in months, I feel like everything is going to be okay! And today, I have no chest pains, no headaches, and I feel amazing! I had no idea how much the stress was affecting my physical health. Thank you!!!!! "

The GoFundMe has raised ~$8,800 of the $10,000 goal.

Aaaaaaand that's a wrap on names! Give it up for names y'all. Side note we need a new chief....again. Damn that's two in like 72 hours

Dave

Staff member
Goblins is one of those comics that I want to like and have in the past but the updating is so off putting that I find I hardly care any more. Every time a new comic drops I have to go back several pages to remind myself wtf was going on.

Goblins is one of those comics that I want to like and have in the past but the updating is so off putting that I find I hardly care any more. Every time a new comic drops I have to go back several pages to remind myself wtf was going on.
Yep. Complains's goodbye over the last several comics was actually quite touching, but having to read it over the course of several weeks/months does rather ruin the effect.

I mean, I don't want to sound ungrateful, I know Stephens has had a metric crapton of IRL shit to deal with. But I do have to agree that the slow updates mean that following the comic as it's being posted is not the best way to experience it.

Dave

Staff member
If there's one thing this comic needs is splitting another party. How many different story lines do we have going at one time?