[NHL] Off Season- draft, trades, rumours, withdrawl support

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to tell him our connection with Bettman is now in Saint Paul. Yeah, we're a bit more in his corner than most fan bases would be, but Leipold was his "buddy-buddy".

Credit where credit's due though. Nashville's a well run organization in an unlikely location. Nashville's success is good for the game.

I don't think that wishing for it to fail is as widespread as a lot of media on both sides of the border want to make it seem. A large, large part of Canadian hockey fans just want to see good hockey regardless of where the team is located.

Yeah..... honestly, Phoenix is the only one I ever hear people crying for blood over. Even Atlanta actually got off pretty much complaint free until it became clear that Phoenix wouldn't be relocated and the best bet to get the Jets back was Atlanta.

*edit: Other than my brother-in law, and that just started with this Shea Weber deal.

Yeah I've seen a lot more Flyers fans talking about Nashville failing in the past few days than I've seen/heard from Canadian fans in the past year.

Given that his line mates either maintain or increase their points per game over those same number of play off games while he drops by 20% I would say that is disappearing.

His lanemates being who, Chimera? He wasn't played with Ovi/Backstrom pretty much at all these past playoffs, and his numbers reflect that. Before this past season, Semin had 30 points in 37 playoff games - I'm pretty sure that would be considered a playoff performer, if maybe not a Conn Smythe candidate, no? He's not going to carry a team to a Cup on his own, but as far as a first-line winger goes his numbers look pretty good.

I found one that's more up to date AND it tells you the price for concessions.

http://www.fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/fci_pdfs/6.pdf

Also I hate Dallas now.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/stars/post/_/id/13315/stars-have-cheapest-ticket-in-nhl

1 Toronto Maple Leafs $123.77
2 Winnipeg Jets 98.27
3 Montreal Canadiens 88.67
4 Edmonton Oilers 70.13
5 Vancouver Canucks 68.38
6 Calgary Flames 68.18
7 Philadelphia Flyers 66.89
8 New York Rangers 66.20
9 Pittsburgh Penguins 63.06
10 Minnesota Wild 62.63
11 Washington Capitals 62.42
12 Boston Bruins 58.94
- NHL Average 57.10
13 Chicago Blackhawks 55.72
14 Florida Panthers 55.67
15 Ottawa Senators 55.51
16 Detroit Red Wings 53.28
17 Los Angeles Kings 51.92
18 Nashville Predators 51.04
19 San Jose Sharks 49.73
20 New York Islanders 49.06
21 Columbus Blue Jackets 47.95
22 New Jersey Devils 45.86
23 Carolina Hurricanes 41.58
24 St. Louis Blues 41.57
25 Colorado Avalanche 40.62
26 Buffalo Sabres 38.25
27 Tampa Bay Lightning 37.73
28 Anaheim Ducks 36.94
29 Phoenix Coyotes 36.15
30 Dallas Stars 29.95

I still remember when I watched a Tampa vs Rangers game when I was in Florida many years back. We got a pair of seats, 4 free hot dogs, nachos, 2 free beers, 2 free soda... for 30$.

My mind was blown.

Not a chance with the money he's apparently after. A couple years from now I can see Nashville getting in on free agents, but not while they're paying the huge bonuses in Weber's contract.

So the NHLPA submitted their counter proposal "alternative view" yesterday, but I don't see any articles anywhere on how that went, or what was included in their draft of the CBA.

I heard something about it on local sports radio (before the national "Hockey Doesn't Exist" SportsCenter news break). Something about them reducing their revenue over the next 3 years with a stipulation on the NHL maintaining a certain level of growth.

I can't be the only one feeling that everyone involved in the NHL and CBA stuffs needs a "Fuck you!"

When does curling start?

Hardest decision of my life:

Your name was selected in the contest draw and you have been awarded the opportunity to purchase up to four (4) 2012 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival™ and
2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® ticket packages. You will be given a time-limited purchase window to purchase ticket packages, as set out below. This will be your only window to purchase ticket packages through this opportunity. If you do not purchase within your assigned purchase window, then your access shall expire and you will not have other access to purchase through this opportunity.

Your purchase window is: Friday, August 17th 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, August 18th 5:00 p.m.
1) I'm unemployed right now and poor
2) But I could potentially Sell those tickets and turn a profit
3) If a lockout happens, my tickets are good for nothing... but I would get a refund, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.