North Korea test nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/25/w...s-nuclear-test-as-threats-intensify.html?_r=0

North Korea launched a rocket last year which put a satellite in orbit. Analysis of the rocket debris suggests that the rocket is capable of over 6,000 mile journeys, putting LA within distance of a North Korean missile attack.

In response, the UN, including both China and Russia, condemned this missile test, and tightened sanctions which allow greater access to search cargo destined for North Korea.

In response to those sanctions:

In a statement issued through state-run media, the National Defense Commission, the North’s highest governing agency, headed by Mr. Kim, said that “a variety of satellites and long-range rockets which will be launched by the D.P.R.K. one after another and a nuclear test of higher level which will be carried out by it” will be “targeted” at “the U.S., the sworn enemy of the Korean people.”
It is currently supposed that the nuclear package technology North Korea currently has is too large for missile deployment, but the advanced technology found in the rocket debris surprised some analysts. So while it's possible they cannot yet launch a nuclear warhead, there is no certainty to that statement.

This comes at a time when significant leadership changes are occurring in the region, including South Korea, China, and Japan.

Was there ever any doubt? It's like the hapsburgs got put in charge of Latveria.
I have to admit, I was hoping the Western education would calm him down a bit and keep him sticking to turning NK media into an even more ridiculous imitation of a Hollywood studio.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have to admit, I was hoping the Western education would calm him down a bit and keep him sticking to turning NK media into an even more ridiculous imitation of a Hollywood studio.
Really, I think he's more of a sock puppet figurehead. Pretty sure the generals are running the show there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/25/w...s-nuclear-test-as-threats-intensify.html?_r=0

North Korea launched a rocket last year which put a satellite in orbit. Analysis of the rocket debris suggests that the rocket is capable of over 6,000 mile journeys, putting LA within distance of a North Korean missile attack.

In response, the UN, including both China and Russia, condemned this missile test, and tightened sanctions which allow greater access to search cargo destined for North Korea.

In response to those sanctions:

It is currently supposed that the nuclear package technology North Korea currently has is too large for missile deployment, but the advanced technology found in the rocket debris surprised some analysts. So while it's possible they cannot yet launch a nuclear warhead, there is no certainty to that statement.

This comes at a time when significant leadership changes are occurring in the region, including South Korea, China, and Japan.

Thing about nuclear warheads, is you have to be able to make them...

I think I just figured out how to get the US out of debt! ;)
"We have too many nuclear warheads, and not enough money. So let's sell some nukes to non-nuclear rich countries. Let's see... oh hey, South Korea's economy is doing quite well, let's give them a few nukes. That shouldn't cause any problems, right?"

"We have too many nuclear warheads, and not enough money. So let's sell some nukes to non-nuclear rich countries. Let's see... oh hey, South Korea's economy is doing quite well, let's give them a few nukes. That shouldn't cause any problems, right?"
Exactly! Problem solved!

I love the article quote. It sounds like a whiny child:

"You don't like missiles? Well I'm gonna launch a billion gazillion more and the last one's going to be nuclear and it'll be aimed at your poopie-head, you meanie!"

Man, North Korea really is Awesome Korea. Their supermarket and hotpot restaurant openings are accompanied by patriotic music and visits by dignitaries. You don't see that in America, do you? Filthy capitalists!

Their military guys should probably have bigger hats. I mean, if you are going to go the cartoon villain route go all the way or go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.