non joke question

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

F@#$ ann landers.

Dave - what are your feelings on the olympics in general (winter, summer -whichever). overrated 'battle between countries'? Nothing but marketing? Good sportsmanship and great atheletes? enquiring minds want to know.

Dave

Staff member
F@#$ ann landers.

Dave - what are your feelings on the olympics in general (winter, summer -whichever). overrated 'battle between countries'? Nothing but marketing? Good sportsmanship and great atheletes? enquiring minds want to know.
I think it used to be more about sportsmanship than it is now, although we still see glimpses of it from time to time.

My thoughts on the Olympics are actually mixed. I know that they can be very Jingoistic (to say the least) but at times it's allowed smaller countries and even bigger ones to feel a sort of national pride. It also gives people around the world a chance to view sports that normally wouldn't get any time on television except in extremely different circumstances. Like luge or bobsledding.

Anyway, after watching some of the women doing downhill skiing or swimming I think we should go back to the original Olympics way of doing things where they all have to compete naked. They want ratings, we'll give them ratings!

Status
Not open for further replies.