[Other] No Bad Guys Named Dave.

GasBandit

Staff member
I doubt there are any villains named Holly out there. I could go with the second half of my name and get Elizabeth Bathory though!
Heh, my first though was John McClane's ex wife, but I guess that she's not TECHNICALLY a villain. :p

"it's all about what I want and screw how it hurts anyone else!".
Rowr. Er, anyway, yeah Holli Would is definitely Cool World's villain. The screwing was just a means to an end - she only got hot and bothered for 'noids because she was obsessed with becoming one.

But yeah.

Man, It has been so long since I saw Cool World. I saw it when I was a kid. My parents thought it would be just as good as Roger Rabbit. They were so, so wrong.

That was the first time the realized that some cartoons aren't for kids.

HEY KIDS

Now that I'm an adult, I should revisit Cool World. I haven't seen it since I was a teenager, and I hated it then.

I know a lot of people hate Ralph Bakshi and think that rotoscoping is lazy, but I just love a lot of his work, particularly American Pop.

GasBandit

Staff member
Now that I'm an adult, I should revisit Cool World. I haven't seen it since I was a teenager, and I hated it then.

I know a lot of people hate Ralph Bakshi and think that rotoscoping is lazy, but I just love a lot of his work, particularly American Pop.
It's still not very good.

It's still not very good.
Yeah, it's a pretty bad film and not what Ralph Bakshi originally envisioned. His original idea was a horror film where a human man and cartoon woman have sex, then give birth to a half-human/half-toon being who hates its existence and wants to kill them.

American Pop was excellent.

Yeah, it's a pretty bad film and not what Ralph Bakshi originally envisioned. His original idea was a horror film where a human man and cartoon woman have sex, then give birth to a half-human/half-toon being who hates its existence and wants to kill them.
I would watch the hell out of that.

fade

Staff member
I've got Jack Torrance. And I always appreciated that the unnamed protagonist in Fight Club was speaking directly to me.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've got Jack Torrance. And I always appreciated that the unnamed protagonist in Fight Club was speaking directly to me.
I never watched it for more than 3 minutes, but I have to admit this was the first villain that leapt to mind (after -the Ripper).

Also one of Joker's aliases/potential real names is "Jack Napier."

figmentPez

Staff member
Are they still the bad guy if they reform in the end?

Big Bad Bruce.jpg

One of my favorite books from childhood. Bruce is the protagonist, not the antagonist.