New Picture Thread

Lindemans is....Hmm....A twenty minute drive from here. How much alcohol can I ship to the US before we need to worry about taxes/customs? :p
So tempting...the US has draconian alcohol laws..
https://www.halforums.com/xenforo/threads/new-picture-thread.20571/page-234#post-1258683

Can't send via postal service, but other shippers would be ok if they allowed it.

Unfortunately, Virginia law doesn't appear to have any provision for "a friend wants to send me booze"..you can only import booze (1 gal max) if you are personally carrying it across state lines, or if you are shipping it with your personal effects upon moving to the state or returning from vacation, and you personally own the alcohol you're bringing across.

blah.

Things were just as much of a pain the ass when I wanted to get some Sheridan's coffee & cream liqueur because they stopped distributing it in texas. I had to wait nearly a year for a friend-of-a-friend's boyfriend to return from a Canada trip and bring me some by hand.

https://www.halforums.com/xenforo/threads/new-picture-thread.20571/page-234#post-1258683

Can't send via postal service, but other shippers would be ok if they allowed it.

Unfortunately, Virginia law doesn't appear to have any provision for "a friend wants to send me booze"..you can only import booze (1 gal max) if you are personally carrying it across state lines, or if you are shipping it with your personal effects upon moving to the state or returning from vacation, and you personally own the alcohol you're bringing across.

blah.

Things were just as much of a pain the ass when I wanted to get some Sheridan's coffee & cream liqueur because they stopped distributing it in texas. I had to wait nearly a year for a friend-of-a-friend's boyfriend to return from a Canada trip and bring me some by hand.
If I ever get you in the SS, remind me and I'll try ;)

The major problem with shipping Lindemans Kriek (the proper one, with a champagne cork) would be temperature and pressure...Freezing in an aircraft's luggage compartment would have some serious influence on the taste.

If I ever get you in the SS, remind me and I'll try ;)

The major problem with shipping Lindemans Kriek (the proper one, with a champagne cork) would be temperature and pressure...Freezing in an aircraft's luggage compartment would have some serious influence on the taste.
I agree. I'm not really that concerned with getting the Lindeman's, though. I can get it here. It's just hella expensive compared to say, Bud Lite. Totally worth the price differential, though.

I used to really like Chimay also. But something about it has changed over the last few years, and it tastes a lot more like "industrial beer factory." It's lost something in its character.

I agree. I'm not really that concerned with getting the Lindeman's, though. I can get it here. It's just hella expensive compared to say, Bud Lite. Totally worth the price differential, though.

I used to really like Chimay also. But something about it has changed over the last few years, and it tastes a lot more like "industrial beer factory." It's lost something in its character.
Export Chimay isn't the same as the local brew anymore, and the foreign version is indeed a lot weaker in taste. Though even the one sold here has lost a little something

fade

Staff member
I hated when Fat Tire got popular. They had to change to keep up with demand. It's still good, but it's not 1997 good anymore. For one, it's no longer naturally carbonated, and for two it's no longer 9%.

blah.

This sounds like the setup for Smokey and the @Bubble181 bandit...

Also, yum Sheridan's.

Since we're derailing the picture thread...

Hard Root Beer is way too flipping sweet. I bought some Not Your Father's Root Beer. Ugh. I wish I could have tasted it before buying. I don't think it's a real spiced beer.

Since we're derailing the picture thread...

Hard Root Beer is way too flipping sweet. I bought some Not Your Father's Root Beer. Ugh. I wish I could have tasted it before buying. I don't think it's a real spiced beer.
I liked my first bottle of that. Didn't like the second. I hit flavor satiety quickly. Too sweet, too much vanilla.