New Picture Thread

Hey, we have a pickle ornament too!!

I feel like I should have more to say with that statement, but I don't..sorry, I'm still foggy from today.

This coming from the same source that claimed a war between India and Portugal had been fought 400 years ago - when it had actually never happened?

EDIT: Google "Bicholim Conflict Wikipedia" to see more.

dill616 you are the only other person I know who uses a Christmas pickle ornament. My husband thought I was goofy for wanting a pickle on our tree.

Yeppers, it's a tradition from my Vaterland, Germany. Alhough it was only practiced in certain places and brought over by immigrants, the pickle was picked up by Americans. Sometimes onions were used as well. My German host family from Sachsen-Anhalt had never heard of it either. It's like the peppermint pig or Christmas crackers. Not everyone does it.

The whole pickle ornament came back into style in the US a few years ago. I have two really nice hand-blown ornaments that were given to me as presents. I've started collecting pickle memorabilia. With a name like Dill, how can I not? :D

Bond party dress!!

I just need to get some sparkly jewelry, maybe some elbow length gloves and do some glam hair and makeup! I'm so excited!

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm... going to do this. At least the whip thing, anyway. Where does one procure a whip?
I have one that I received as a promotional item when Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out. They sent me one of every Indy movie poster (I keep Raiders on the wall here in my office) and an official indiana jones braided leather bullwhip.

And you just can't hide it! ;)

Looks great!
Haha, pretty much! I'm terrible at hiding any excitement. ;) And thank you!

Be careful when you walk about; you might step on somebody's fallen jaw.
You are too kind! Thanks North_Ranger! :heart:

God Bless you Kags.

Also, for those who DON'T keep up with what Docseverin is up to these days...

http://armygk.armylive.dodlive.mil/files/2013/01/2013-SGT-Kenneth-Severin.pdf

Just look at that sexy beast right there.
You are welcome OC.

And thanks so much for posting that, I was wondering where Doc had gone too. :) He's such a stud.

I never have heard of this German tradition.Your article also shows that it has been disproven to be an German tradition,but rather an American one.
I admitted the article says it's American in origin, but I got the tradition from my Grandparents, native Germans, who did it as tradition before WWII and their subsequent "forced" immigration to the USA. So, could just be that certain areas, or groups, did it. I don't know, I just know where I got the tradition from, and where they said it came from.

Half of my face is still numb from the four shots of Novocaine received at the dentist. So, I have to drink out of a straw but the only straws we have are from my best friend's bachelorette party. NSFW

I should also mention that I sound like Daffy Duck as well. The General is finding it as amusing as I am.