New Picture Thread

The "salad bar" is a bowl of iceberg lettuce, some carrots, cucumbers, radish, olives and pizza cheese, if you're lucky you will also find some diced ham and bacon bits.

I do enjoy me some Cici's when money's tight... especially since they give uniformed officers half price (and the one here will occasionally let us eat free, after a dramatic takedown inside, one night.

Cajungal

Staff member
The Cici's in my town is the saddest place I can think of. It's either people on rascals who can barely move the food to their mouths or people who look really pissed about having 5 children with a gentleman who looks like a meth addict... Oh and also little league after parties, but that's usually a happier scene.

fade

Staff member
I like CiCis. Except for the one time it gave my whole family diarrhea.

Also GasBandit, when people say they're doing my mom, I'm less offended, and more grossed out that people would want to have sex with my mom.

M

makare

I was going to say "either way I bet fade's mom doesn't like it"

but that just makes it sound rapey.

ElJuski

Staff member
I used to eat way more junkfood when I had to drive to and from work in traffic in the suburbs and that was all that was available. Now that I live near every type of food I could possibly imagine, its much easier to make a "better" food choice.

Being elitist either way is stupid. Taco Bell is garbage, but it hits the spot every once in a while. It doesn't mean you have to be a pompous jackass to not eat fast food...just as easy as it is to not be a stubborn douche-bag and not learn more about better food and better eating practices. But either way I'm sad I missed the trench warfare in the New Picture thread about fast food.

S

SeraRelm

Not sure if they made the characters. MUGEN is a free 2D fighter engine. We could even make a Halforum MUGEN fighting game if we want....

Hmmmm.

GasBandit

Staff member
That Ronald "Donald" McDonald is a reskin/retrace of Dio from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for at least half his moves.

Though, I'm glad to see somebody's still doing Mugen stuff. I was a big fan of that back when there was only a DOS version and it could play amiga MODs as background music.

Could I get a kids swimming pool full of the one in the middle? Please?
But...but why? It's the least of the three by a fair margin. Nothing against blond beers, but while the two brown West-Vleterens are both easily amongst the very best of their kind, the blond one's just good-but-not-great. I can name better-tasting blondes :unibrow: err, beers.

Also, I was just going to comment what - I think - Adam said? Pizza isn't necessarily unhealthy. You've got your crust, in lieu of bread/rice/popatoes; you've got your tomato sauce and a variety of vegetable toppings; some meat but usually not too much (because we Westerners all eat way too much meat anyway...), and the cheese is healthy as a dairy product. The unhealthiness comes from too much of one (salt and fat) and too little of the other (fresh vegetables). A GOOD pizza place can have pizzas that are incredibly delicious and somewhat healthy. If you make your own pizzas, you can make'm comparatively quite healthy; definitely better than a big rib-eye with French fries and some boiled-to-death carrots or something.

HCGLNS: stop taking pictures of me when I'm eating, dammit.

Judging by obesity rates, maybe people should be scoffing at cheap, garbage food more.
Yeah bro high five! Fuck those poor people and their inability to afford expensive food! Fuck em, right up their poverty stricken asses.

All I said in the beginning was that scoffing at what other people eat makes you look like a pretentious asshole. It really does. I wasn't targeting anyone specifically, but that's the direction the discussion was taking. And in excellent halforums fashion, the monkey wagon jumped down my throat for it. I'm pretty sure that there are more than a few people on Halforums that eat junk food on a regular basis, but junk food denial is something of a common trend around here. Go ahead and pretend you don't eat at Burger King, I won't tell.

Next time you're at work, make sure to tell someone eating a Twinkie or Little Caesars pizza for lunch how disgusting and trashy their food is. You actually could get fired for doing something like that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

how can you eat that garbage? Really? Hunt's? That's trash Sloppy Joe mix. You should be making it from scratch from the juices of a roast pig. That's so much healthier. You should go to your local organic butcher and select the rarest beef too. What the hell are you thinking, putting that garbage in your body?

Well, that is ground pork and not beef I am using.

Should have roasting a suckling pig on a spit over a fire pit for 24 hours with a low flame using carbon-free charcoal with a room moisture rating of 40%. Then slowly carved the meat off using a $300 carving knife whilst collecting all juices in a crystal flute glass, and afterwards hand crank at 1 rpm for the rest of the day while slowly adding baby tears as marinade. Anything else is just trash.

Manwich is trash.

You're eating trash.

You're trash.

Please tell you me you like my Philly Cheese Steak! It's a delicious all beef hot dog, served with Manwich sauce and cheese!
manwich dog.jpg

Dude, everyone knows the only good Cheese Steak is Jim's Steaks on South Street, Philadelphia PA.

But yeah that looks pretty damn tasty.

Now I'm being serious, the best cheese steaks I've had generally come from the Philly street carts or hole in the wall dumps in south Philly. And Jim's Steaks is actually really damn good too.

Yeah bro high five! Fuck those poor people and their inability to afford expensive food! Fuck em, right up their poverty stricken asses.

All I said in the beginning was that scoffing at what other people eat makes you look like a pretentious asshole. It really does. I wasn't targeting anyone specifically, but that's the direction the discussion was taking. And in excellent halforums fashion, the monkey wagon jumped down my throat for it. I'm pretty sure that there are more than a few people on Halforums that eat junk food on a regular basis, but junk food denial is something of a common trend around here. Go ahead and pretend you don't eat at Burger King, I won't tell.

Next time you're at work, make sure to tell someone eating a Twinkie or Little Caesars pizza for lunch how disgusting and trashy their food is. You actually could get fired for doing something like that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Okay, you know what? I haven't been here for a while, and the impression I got that you're supposedly reformed and so on, and changed names to get a new start. But y'know? *You* are by far the most obnoxious person in this conversation. There are food snobs, no doubt; on the other hand, everyone can eat whatever the f*ck they please and that's that person's prerogative. But nowhere in this thread have I seen any of the supposedly snobbish and whatever foodies be even 1/4 as condescending, aggressive or hellbent on misrepresenting the other's opinion as you. Even Shego's being more polite and less confrontational than you're being, both in the quoted post and in the next. You're deliberately pushing the "healthy/self-made food" argument to a ridiculous extreme, just for a laugh and to mock the other opinion.
You're being the snob; trying to come off all hipster by "hating" on whatever's today version of political correctness. Get over yourself. Nobody said a good hamburger or a cheapo pizza is ethically wrong; just that people who live solely off of fast food might be healthier and better off if they tried to diversify. Plus some joking around. You are going all out to make it seem like your "opponents" are making an ethical argument, which simply isn't the case.

Are there obnoxious, antagonistic assholes who want to shove "health food" down your throat? Probably - and they're assholes for it. But that's not what was happening here.

On a mostly unrelated note, not only would I be perfeclty in my right to tell someone who eats a twinky for lunch that it's a bad idea; I'm helping roll out a whole five-step-action-plan to improve food standards at my work place and I'm being *paid* to tell people they should eat healthier. So, stfu.

Of all the bad things you could say about China, at least the really cheap food (if it doesn't use certain ingrediants that even the most expensive food uses) is still real food. For about 1 us dollar you can get a bowl of fresh noodles and meat sauce and some veggies. The fast food joints (pizza hut, mcdonalds, kfc etc) cost more than your average meal. Of course then you have the seafood restaurants where it can get to about $1000 per person. I don't really like those places.
I can imagine that the proportion price/quality is ever so slightly worse in those last places than in the first :p heck I already have that here... I've eaten at 2-star Michelin restaurants, and while their food is really good (usually), I don't think they rate the absurd price difference some have. I've eaten better for €60 pp than for €210. I'll gladly grant that you can have food that's twice as good at twice the price in some places; the difference between *most* €5 pizza's and *most €10 pizza's is noticable (whether you think it's a big enough difference to pay the extra is your own choice) - but only up to a point. I can't think of a single meal I've had of over €200 pp that I thought was truly worth 20x as much as a decent-but-not-great Chinese place.

I'd much rather have a beef bowl from my local Japanese place than McDonald's any day. I just don't always have the $8 a pop to pay for it as often as I'd like. And working overnights, I wind up awake at 2am on my nights off with McD's as the only option if I don't want to risk the anger of everyone else in the house by cooking. :p