New PETure Thread (aka: Pet Pic Thead)

GasBandit

Staff member
Nibbles has started doing this thing where he "digs" at the edge of the sheet to signal me he wants me to let him under the covers so he can curl up right against me. It'd be super cute if he didn't always do it at 4:30 am.

Nibbles has started doing this thing where he "digs" at the edge of the sheet to signal me he wants me to let him under the covers so he can curl up right against me. It'd be super cute if he didn't always do it at 4:30 am.
But daaAAAAaad, that's when the monsters come out!

--Patrick

I sprayed yoshi’s gums with this antibacterial stuff the vet gave me and he got so upset that he peed my pants :(

As back in august, we'll be taking care of an asylum/shelter doggie for a while.
Bram is a Cavalier, who was just left behind when a tennant moved out. They contacted her and she literally said "oh, I don't care, just let him starve" :mad:
As a result, he's now about 8-9 pounds, while he should be about 20-22-ish.

Now, I went to pick him up today at the shelter (side-question; shelter, pound, animal rescue,....which is which? They're all "places lost and abandoned dogs go" in my mind but I think it's just a language thing?).
You know how some people are just schmucks who you can always convince to buy just a bit more?
Yeah, so, we'l lbe taking care of two dogs for the coming weeks. Number two's a Chinese spaniel called Pekkie who was repossessed from a house with 25 dogs, mostly big fighting dogs. She'd been adopted, but she is si scared of everythign and anything that the adoptees brought her back because they didn't get companionship from her. Well, sucks to be them. Or their dog, apparently. She's scared to death of everything bigger than her. They hope she'll be able to get some rest and gain some trust here with us, given that I'm home 24/7 and there's no kids, no other animals except the other little doggie, Let's hope so!

Pictures coming soon, but one's sleeping on my lap (have I mentioned he's ridiculously affectionate?) and the other's just a small ball of black fur hidden in the deepest corner of her bench.

side-question; shelter, pound, animal rescue,....which is which? They're all "places lost and abandoned dogs go" in my mind but I think it's just a language thing?
This is my own personal opinion, but:
"Animal shelter" is a place to bring found/abandoned/abused animals to be rehabilitated and adopted, the connotation being that they are being brought in or surrendered for their safety/no fault of their own. Owners die or lose income and can't care for them any more.
"Pound" is similar to "impound lot," and is a place that confiscates animals that owners either can't or refuse to rein in. Basically a "jail" to keep animals as a way of punishing owners that can't manage their pets the same way you would boot the wheel of an irresponsible car owner. The connotation here is that either the animal itself is considered a danger to others (due to temperament, always escaping, etc) or that the owner somehow needs to be punished for the animal's behavior.
"Animal rescue" is similar to "shelter" but is more actively involved in collecting the animals, i.e., rounding up strays or bringing court cases to force people to give up animals they probably shouldn't have.

--Patrick

We now have a doggo. My daughter, lives in Missouri, found a husky mix in her apartment parking lot. She was dirty, matted, and very thin. Daughter took her in to her vet to check for microchip and any notices that someone was looking for her. Nothing. Took the pup back home to search though local/localish lost /found pet pages on social media and rescues. Nothing. This is her on that first day.
DBC52886-6649-4E7A-9404-1069C32338B4.jpeg

My daughter already has two pups, the maximum they can have at the apartment. So she gives us a call, “How much do you love me?” She asked. Discussions ensued. I was on vacation this week (the final vacation that I’ll ever have with my current employer) and agreed to drive halfway to meet her and pick up the pup. So this past Monday I drove from home to Oklahoma City to pick up Luna, and bring her back home. OKC was experiencing a bit of an ice storm Monday, so super fun driving conditions. We met, got the pup and immediately drove back home, about a 15 hour round trip.

So now we have Luna at our house, she’s loving the yard and us, and wants to love on the cat (he has a differing opinion about the whole thing) and is just generally enjoying life.

D781FC36-5507-4429-B356-89DC80A3CD06.jpeg

Two weeks later, Luna has gotten her shots updated, cleared from heart worms, and been microchipped. She’s put on 6 pounds since she’s been found. Still needs a little more weight to be “normal” for size/breed. Her and the cat are starting to come to terms, but there are still times when Luna just gets a little too close too fast for Merlin’s comfort. They’re getting closer to each other without hissing and barking erupting and disturbing the calm. Also, she has full hearing, deafness can be associated with heterochromia in animals.
D2664E56-0664-437D-8714-B3C1CA8AAB36.jpeg
82F89BA0-DE74-4ECD-BD2A-D358E635F2DD.jpeg