New PETure Thread (aka: Pet Pic Thead)

Does anyone have a good cat harness recommendation? My cat loves going outside, but he's starting to just barely outgrow the one we got him when we adopted him and might need a new one.

Does anyone have a good cat harness recommendation? My cat loves going outside, but he's starting to just barely outgrow the one we got him when we adopted him and might need a new one.
I'm very fond of the Come With Me Kitty harnesses for an on/off harness (i.e. the harness is only on for walkies). If you want a harness that stays on for longer stretches (Mixa had one of those), I like the ones that have safety snaps (or a lot of elastic/give) to ensure the cat doesn't hurt themselves while unattended.

The cat likes to take his afternoon naps in the laundry room. But my husband likes to open the window in there when he's working, and it's been a little breezy in the afternoons, which the cat does not like. So my husband has started doing this.

IMG_20200807_161208.jpg

I don't know which of them will be sadder when my husband actually has to work at work again. (But it won't be soon)

I'm very fond of the Come With Me Kitty harnesses for an on/off harness (i.e. the harness is only on for walkies). If you want a harness that stays on for longer stretches (Mixa had one of those), I like the ones that have safety snaps (or a lot of elastic/give) to ensure the cat doesn't hurt themselves while unattended.
This is the one we're already using, I'll guess I'll just try the next size up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, but I bet it's a pose... my cat looks like a smug asshole all the time, except when I try to take a picture of him, and then suddenly he's all bishy.

We're serving as a temporary foster home for a dog. It has already been adopted out, but needs surgery and the new owners can't take care of him.
So here's Zeppos!
IMG_20200814_200028.jpg
IMG_20200814_195457.jpg

My cat is just a jerk lying at the bottom of the stairs and stretching out when I walk down. That’s rude. Then when I pick him up for love/selfies he makes the saddest faces as if he’s never been fed and/or just watched his favourite stuffed bear taken from him. Huge fuzzy jerk.

That said, I won’t say no when he wants to sit on me later.

Please
My cat is just a jerk lying at the bottom of the stairs and stretching out when I walk down. That’s rude. Then when I pick him up for love/selfies he makes the saddest faces as if he’s never been fed and/or just watched his favourite stuffed bear taken from him. Huge fuzzy jerk.

That said, I won’t say no when he wants to sit on me later.
You mean he doesn't dart around your legs when you go up and down stairs like the peak asshole of cats?

Usually the cat naps in bed with me while my husband takes his morning shower. Today I got out of bed while my husband was still in the shower because my son had a video Psych appt. this morning, and this was his response.

1599841591118.png