New PETure Thread (aka: Pet Pic Thead)

My cats want to curl up all over me even when it's sweltering hot. Cold out? I can understand. Boiling out and they are covered in fur? How can that possibly be enjoyable for them?

My cats want to curl up all over me even when it's sweltering hot. Cold out? I can understand. Boiling out and they are covered in fur? How can that possibly be enjoyable for them?
Have you never seen a cat microwaving itself in a sunbeam?
Cats are so lazy that if they can convince the Sun to make their body heat for them, they will.

--Patrick

One of the things we promised ourselves we'd do once we had a house with a yard is get a dog. So, today we went over to Roseburg, to one of the rescue centers, and picked up this handsome boy. This is Luca. He's a little over 1 year old, and a Border Collie mix (with unknown parentage). The rescue center got him as a stray, but he knows "sit," is super affectionate and snuggly, and doesn't like getting in cars, but knows what to do once he's there. He's a good boy.

Luca.png

It's better than Cupcake's. She dumpster (or kitchen garbage) dives for the kid's partially eaten old school sandwiches and drags them off to hide to eat later.

Hah, every time you post a picture of your cat, I do a double take, thinking "How the fuck did Shakey get my cat?!"
The hair is too short for Pandora, but I have the same double-take at least initially, as sink-drinking is definitely "a thing" for her. @Dirona can confirm.

Got a cheapo IP camera to keep an eye on our cats while we were gone (caretakers come by every other day, but we're worrywarts). It's marketed as a baby monitor, so it has a 2-way microphone, allowing us to chat (i.e. utterly confuse) the kitters.

ali-cropped.png

Pictured is Alistar under the dining room table(cropped out of the 1080p snapshot for privacy).

Xmas pics with the pets.
Xmas Floof and Pablo.png

Our big orange fuzzball Edmund, aka "the floof." He loved lounging under the tree. Our cockatiel Pablo is making a cameo appearance in the upper right-hand corner.

Xmas Beastie.png

Our tuxedo cat, Lancelot, aka "the Beastie." It was a real pain trying to get a good shot of him.

Xmas Goofball.png

We couldn't actually get a shot of the pupper in front of the tree - he doesn't do sitting still well - but here's Luca in the thick of things.