Naming Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
My father's side of the family used to name their cars all the time - my uncle drove a grey clunker they called Gandalf (cause it was great and grey), a purple chrysler called Plumb-bob, and various other cars named Hominygrits, Iceman, and such. My father used to drive a white toyota celica GT in the 80s that he called the Millenium Falcon. The car after that, which I inherited in college, was a blue MX-6 GT with a turbocharger (which I drove to overheated death) named "The Blue Max." After that, I had a Corsica I called "Red XIII" because it was red and 13 years old... But I haven't named my car I drive now, come to think of it.

I do, however, of course, name my computers. You have to! They don't network right if you don't!

The gaming computer is BigBandit (for obvious reasons). The surfing/torrenting computer is El Camino, which was my BBS nick. The laptop's name is Ruby, because it's got an ATI card built in, and Ruby's their mascot. The little woman's machine... shares her first name because she can't be bothered to be clever with computer names.

One of the more interesting names I've used for a weaponry store in a DnD game I used to run was "Bloodbath and Beyond".
During one game I played in, our DM had a store that sold basically everything you needed. It had been built along the town wall and so was called "The Wall Mart"

Status
Not open for further replies.