My First Novel, The City of Smoke & Mirrors is now Available!

My first novel is now available to buy. On Pro Se Pulp's page, it says:

Pro Se Productions, a company specializing in New Pulp and Genre Fiction, once more walks the cutting edge of storytelling with the debut novel of author Nick C. Piers featuring the first adventure of New Pulp's wildest, weirdest Private Eye ever to don a fedora! THE CITY OF SMOKE AND MIRRORS: AN ARMADILLO MYSTERY!

Dilbert Pinkerton’s not the greatest private detective, but he’s good at sniffing out clues. Of course, it’s hard to take a five-foot-nothing mutant armadillo in a trench coat and fedora seriously. He sticks his snout where it doesn’t belong far too often while digging for the truth.

So when some rich dame asks him to steal – ahem, retrieve – a pearl necklace from her ex-husband, Dill almost reconsiders. Until, that is, she offers him far too much money that he can’t refuse. Now, Dill heads to Nevermore Bay, home of The Buzzard.

Most in Nevermore Bay think The Buzzard is just a myth created by the local police force. Whether that’s true or not, Dill can’t help but be curious by the mystery. When he runs afoul with this fowl, though, things go to hell and fast. Not only are the police after him, but Dill must also contend with some of The Buzzard’s rogues, mobster Don Komodo and his goon squad, and even The Buzzard himself.

With everyone in the city against him, what hope does Dill have just to get out of there with his carapace intact?

"This idea," stated Tommy Hancock, Partner in and Editor in Chief of Pro Se Productions, "is everything New Pulp should be, even though its leading man is a mutant armadillo! It is fun, larger than life, over the top action and adventure, with tips of multiple hats to comic books, hard boiled crime stories, and more! Nick brings a ridiculously vibrant life to Dill and everyone else that walks through these pages! Get your Dillo on now with this first great adventure of many!"

THE CITY OF SMOKE AND MIRRORS by Nick C. Piers featuring Cover Art by Chris Sheehan and Logo and Design by Sean E. Ali is available from Amazon at https://www.createspace.com/4183031 and at Pro Se's Createspace store at https://www.createspace.com/4183031 and for $15.00!

The Ebook formatted by Russ Anderson is also available for $2.99 at Amazon on the Kindle, at Barnes and Noble for the Nook, and in various formats at www.smashwords.com!

Pro Se Productions- www.prosepulp.com!

I've been told that purchases through Amazon will boost the book up Pro Se's best seller's list, so if you're going to order it, do please order it through there if you can.

Honestly, if I weren't going through some really bad bouts with depression these days, I'd probably be jumping for joy right now.

My first novel is now available to buy. On Pro Se Pulp's page, it says:

I've been told that purchases through Amazon will boost the book up Pro Se's best seller's list, so if you're going to order it, do please order it through there if you can.

Honestly, if I weren't going through some really bad bouts with depression these days, I'd probably be jumping for joy right now.
That confused the hell out of me. Added it to cart, then, to take advantage of free shipping went to add in a book from my wish list, and couldn't find my wishlist. Refreshed, tried clicking "Your Wish List" under account, rather than just "Wish List", each time it took me to the create wish list page.

Finally, I realized I was at Amazon.com.

So here is the Amazon.ca link, but its only available in Kindle edition.

I guess I'll have to wait. I'm moving in a week, so if I got it off American Amazon it likely wouldn't get here in time. Amazon.ca usually takes between 1-3 business days.

Yeah, I asked my publisher about it. It should be available in print and digitally on the Canadian Amazon, but for whatever reason, it's not...yet.

Gratz, Nick. So, when do you leave and delete your account?

Can you tell I'm still bitter from Tin's departure :p

For serious, though, if you pull that crap, we will not be amused.

Buying the Kindle version for now, and I'll have the first review up shortly, once I find it on my computer.

Also gonna pimp it on my website.

When I read Quotemander Prime's review of my book just now, I honestly almost cried:

Dilbert Pinkerton is a walking, talking, crime-solving man-sized armadillo. A misunderstanding with a mob boss and a six-figure opportunity outside his home convince the private detective and his friend to skip town and head for the city of Nevermore Bay. What should be a place for an easy getaway and an easy job turns troublesome for Dilbert when a local vigilante not only interrupts the job, but tips him off to a bigger and more dangerous venture than the one he's being paid for.

This book is FUN. And that's a big deal for a book of brawls, bike chases, murder, and inter-species prejudice. The magic of mixing all that together and making it an enjoyable read originates in Dilbert's narration. He's gruff, sloppy, disgruntled, and for better or worse, he has a heart of gold. His observations are often hilarious, and in their turn of phrase and negativity you get a laugh, a description, and Dilbert's jaded opinion in humorous little packages. He's a larger than life character, the type who might be familiar to noir buffs, but at the same time he's an armadillo. That makes a difference. He's the kind of hero you want to follow and hope succeeds, especially as he's getting beaten to a pulp.

An assortment of other characters round out the novel, from Dilbert's short list of allies to the bikers, policemen, and Dick Tracy-style henchmen they have to handle under the watchful and suspicious eyes of the Buzzard, a gadget-wielding vigilante with a sense of justice askew from Dilbert's. They help or hinder the detective in fights, foot chases, and bike chases, tearing up Nevermore's streets and reputation while Dilbert uncovers the city's secrets.

City of Smoke and Mirrors is full of energy, and skillfully balances a wide load of humor with some pretty dark details. It's an effective mystery and character story, the kind I had trouble putting down.
http://www.amazon.com/review/RI5EZC...annel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&store=books

When Amazon.ca decides to not be the shitty version of Amazon.com and put it up for sale, I will definitely giver a go.

Remember us little people when HBO or Showtime decides to make a gritty animated Dill series.
Animatronic puppets ala the live action Ninja Turtles movies or GTFO.

EDIT: Especially if it includes a scene where Vanilla Ice starts rapping a Dillo Rap...and Dill shoots him.

Someone puts a gun to your head, and tells you that you must choose one of the following:

1) Michael Bay wants to make a movie version with gaudy CGI and lots of 'splosions, where Dill fights a giant space monster and is eventually saved by the US military. Shia Labeouf will play Dill.

2) Uwe Boll wants to make your novel into a film. Except now Dill is a vampire armadillo. And he knows ninjitsu. And he has to fight nazi wizards. And he will be played by Dane Cook, because it's also a comedy.

Which do you choose?

By the way, my copy is ordered (along with Quotemander Prime's book). I look forward to reading it! Congrats!

Someone puts a gun to your head, and tells you that you must choose one of the following:

1) Michael Bay wants to make a movie version with gaudy CGI and lots of 'splosions, where Dill fights a giant space monster and is eventually saved by the US military. Shia Labeouf will play Dill.

2) Uwe Boll wants to make your novel into a film. Except now Dill is a vampire armadillo. And he knows ninjitsu. And he has to fight nazi wizards. And he will be played by Dane Cook, because it's also a comedy.

Which do you choose?

By the way, my copy is ordered (along with Quotemander Prime's book). I look forward to reading it! Congrats!
Giant SPIDER, geez, get it right :p

I had ordered QPs first book, but was unable to get it at the time. Havent had a chance to re-order, but I will. Especially because I'm taking some classes focusing on publishing and may want the favor returned someday. :p

Hey, neat. Amazon.de actually already has it too. Most books coming out in the US I have to wait a few weeks before they arrive in the German version (probably the container ship crossing the Atlantic or something :p).

Anyway, bought. If it's not good, you can expect a barf ball with little pieces of mouse on your front step soon.