My Dinner With Gusto v.2.0 (AMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back, baby.

Ask me some good questions, on the off-chance that there's something about me that you don't know yet.

What do you think was the most important day of your life, thus far?
After thinking about this for a minute, I'd have to say August 4th 2002. That's the day I started worknig in the customer service industry, which has both shaped my career choices for the past decade and allowed to be a little less shy and less constrained by my social insecurities.

Why are you so down on yourself all the time, when you seem to be quite the social, stable, intelligent and talented individual?

Why are you so down on yourself all the time, when you seem to be quite the social, stable, intelligent and talented individual?
I have a lot of insecuriteis that I built up from a time in my life where I was not so popular or socially-inclined. As a result, I often think that people are humouring me or fucking with me when they're being genuinely nice and complimentary. And part of it is good ol' fashioned Canadian modesty.[DOUBLEPOST=1358363480][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you teach me how I, too, can get a date with a cute tattooed girl after like a day of posting about not having a date?
1. Know one of those girls already.
2. Have good reason to think that she'll accept your invitation.
3. Just fuckin' ask.

That's what I did.

Dammit I don't have one or two. My life is a disaster.

How do I switch lives with you? Will we have a hilarious comedy experience where we realise each suffers from our own challenges and have a greater appreciation for each other when we inevitably switch back?

Dammit I don't have one or two. My life is a disaster.

How do I switch lives with you? Will we have a hilarious comedy experience where we realise each suffers from our own challenges and have a greater appreciation for each other when we inevitably switch back?
I don't know. I'm sure your life is pretty cool, I could definitely live up the first act of that movie in your place that you apparently live without parents around. But then Act 2 would happen and I'd get lonely and lost in a strange city.

What's one of your TV guilty pleasures?
That I intend to keep watching? Castle. It's a goofy-ass show that makes my eyes roll more than not, and there are SOOOO many bad puns, but I just can't resist watching Nathan Fillion having fun.

That I'm gonna stop watching? I recently (like, from November til mid December) watched ALL SEVEN complete seasons of Bones, which I never really liked and only kept watching for Hodgins' occasional hilarity, David Boreanaz, and John Francis Daley. But Temperance is not likeable at all.

Given $1800 and the edict that you can only spend all of it on one or the other of the following, which do you choose: A fun experience that leaves only memories (and what experience would that be?) or things or items that you would enjoy having and using for at least two years (and what would you buy?)

Given $1800 and the edict that you can only spend all of it on one or the other of the following, which do you choose: A fun experience that leaves only memories (and what experience would that be?) or things or items that you would enjoy having and using for at least two years (and what would you buy?)
I ould take it and go on vacation somewhere once my contract here is done, if it doesn't get renewed. Due to these and othere restrictions due to my employment/unemployment, I haven't taken a vacation since 2009. And I could really use the opportunity to unwind and fuckin' relax for once. All the better if it's someplace warm and sunny and I can convince a special lady to come with me.[DOUBLEPOST=1358368533][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I want for no physical posessions right now that cost less or equal to $1800.

Did you ever get an important life lesson from an unexpected place?
I can't remember the exact context but I know that something a gay man said in an episode of Survivor convinced me that I had been close-minded and immature by calling people gay as a pejorative and getting angry when they called me gay as an insult.

That episode of Survivor made me a better, more respectful person.

If there are women to the left of you and women to the right of you, but you don't have a gun or a knife, why should someone not pick a fight with you?

If there are women to the left of you and women to the right of you, but you don't have a gun or a knife, why should someone not pick a fight with you?
I can't even parse this.

I don't know. I don't know why anyone should ever want to not fight me.

Ever been to any concerts? If so, who did you see and how was it?? And if you haven't, who would you love to go see?
I've only been to one convert, it was an alexisonfire concert back in 2008 when I went back to college, and the show was incredible! I'd have loved to see them again but that show has apparently sailed.[DOUBLEPOST=1369929568][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have any idea how boring my job is today?
Roughly as boring as mine, where you're praying for the end of the day but then remember that you still have to do it again tomorrow.

Dave

Staff member
Isn't low-hanging fruit the best fruit? It's usually ripe and easier to get, which means more time for enjoying said fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.