Movie News & Miscellany

I can tolerate Carnage in an otherwise good story, but Shriek is irredeemable. She's an annoying edgelord 90's cutout.

I knew nothing about Shriek, and then I googled her, and now I kinda wanna see her in the movie cause wowza that's some cleavage.

figmentPez

Staff member
I knew nothing about Shriek, and then I googled her, and now I kinda wanna see her in the movie cause wowza that's some cleavage.
I'm assuming that's the main reason she's being put in the movie. Sony is probably looking at her as the next Harley Quinn.

If that's real, it would verify (one of) the rumoured leaked image(s) from a while back.

It's a big improvement from the one we saw earlier in the year, but it's still not great.

Doesn't really matter because the movie will be shit anyway.

If that's real, it would verify (one of) the rumoured leaked image(s) from a while back.

It's a big improvement from the one we saw earlier in the year, but it's still not great.

Doesn't really matter because the movie will be shit anyway.
The movie will definitely be bad. I'm willing to give them at least a little kudos for actually going back and improving the design, but not much more than that.

The movie will do poorly either way and that they spent so long and so much on "fixing" it will be pointed to everytime the internet at large complains that something is off regarding design as why not to waste resources to fix the problem.

Adjustments like this will never happen again because of how poorly this does, independent of the changes, it looks like a shitty movie anyway.

Obviously, the better option is to just do it right in the first place but it was nice that they ate crow and admitted it was so bad it needed to be reworked. It is too bad they are definitely not going to see the return out of having done it and that others will use that to justify never making these last minute changes.

Last edited:
The movie will do poorly either way and that they spent so long and so much on "fixing" it will be pointed to everytime the internet at large complains that something is off regarding design as why not to waste resources to fix the problem.

Adjustments like this will never happen again because of how poorly this does, independent of the changes, it looks like a shitty movie anyway.

Obviously, the better option is to just do it right in the first place but it was nice that they ate crow and admitted it was so bad it needed to be reworked. It is too bad they are definitely not going to see the return out of having done it and that others will use that to justify never making these last minute changes.
That reasoning is just complete bollocks, though. It's the same as "we can't cast black actors as main characters" or "we can't let a female main actor carry a franchise" - something wasn't super successful once, so this one thing MUST be the reason why it failed. Quality of work or editing or whatever can't possibly have anything to do with it!

I'm not saying it's right. But you know this is how "Hollywood" works. You've even provided other examples where 1 issue did dictate how things worked for years.

And find a way to justify shoving Tom Holland into it, DON'T forget justifying a way to shove Tom Holland into it(looking at YOU Venom 3).
To be fair, if there is ever a reason to shove Tom Holland into things, a movie about a bunch of different iterations of Spider-Man coming together seems like the best.

Oh, that's happening, Andy Serkis is directing this time. Despite being hot garbage, the first did fairly well overseas and did have the highest October opening here until Joker. And, I know they're trying to push Holland and Hardy together for a planned third movie as well...

Oh, that's happening, Andy Serkis is directing this time. Despite being hot garbage, the first did fairly well overseas and did have the highest October opening here until Joker. And, I know they're trying to push Holland and Hardy together for a planned third movie as well...
Exactly, and I am...DREADING how their gonna explain that, especially if they try to say the Venom movies were in the MCU the entire time.

I guess I'm just confused as to how that happening is related to Holland in Spiderverse? Or why adding him would be a bad thing.

I guess I'm just confused as to how that happening is related to Holland in Spiderverse? Or why adding him would be a bad thing.
I was mostly just making a dig at Venom 3, but honestly it wouldn't necessarily be bad if done right, but knowing Sony and how they've been trying to have a stranglehold on the Webhead I feel they could try and force in a cameo that wasn't part of the original story.

I was mostly just making a dig at Venom 3, but honestly it wouldn't necessarily be bad if done right, but knowing Sony and how they've been trying to have a stranglehold on the Webhead I feel they could try and force in a cameo that wasn't part of the original story.
I totally get what you're saying, but I also feel like Spider-verse is one of the few places they could get away with a random cameo from anyone. I think the real concern is taking away the spotlight from Miles, or letting a cameo over-shadow his progress.

Personally, I wish they'd get Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland all on screen, even for just one scene.

I think I read somewhere they originally wanted Maguire for Peter B Parker, but couldn't get him because of scheduling conflicts or some such. That might be just a rumor, though.

Personally, I wish they'd get Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland all on screen, even for just one scene.

I think I read somewhere they originally wanted Maguire for Peter B Parker, but couldn't get him because of scheduling conflicts or some such. That might be just a rumor, though.
They could do a Sinister Six thing, with Green Goblin from Maquire, the Lizard from Garfield, and Mysterio from Holland. Then you through in Doc Ock for Miles, the Vulture for Gwen, and... I dunno... the Shocker for B.

They could do a Sinister Six thing, with Green Goblin from Maquire, the Lizard from Garfield, and Mysterio from Holland. Then you through in Doc Ock for Miles, the Vulture for Gwen, and... I dunno... the Shocker for B.
I wouldn't mind a Mysterio from Peni Parker's universe, portrayed as if he sees himself like a shonen anime protagonist.

figmentPez

Staff member
I don't think I've said this on Halforums before, so I will now: Scorsese can fuck off with his "Marvel movies aren't cinema" bullshit. Especially his comparison to theme parks, because fuck you amusement parks are art. They're heavily commercialized art, but it's bullshit to pretend that you can draw a hard line between where Scorsese's commercialized art lies and where heavily commercialized art begins. Art doesn't stop being art just because it's been marketed. Is the Sistine Chapel not art because it was commissioned work with the intent to draw people to see it?

If Scorsese wants to make a point about how Disney is trying to have a stranglehold on cinema, and that they're harming the diversity of art with their practices, then he should be making the point without trying to undermine the work of other artists. As it is, his whole attitude stinks of past bullshit that said comic books aren't literature. That pop/rap/metal/etc isn't music. That video games aren't art. And so many other elitist declarations trying to puff up the egos of those who think their niche is having attention stolen away.

Old people tend to look down on whatever is new and popular. I think Scorsese (and Francis For Coppola too) are showing their age more than anything.