Movie News & Miscellany

It's not even a Fantastic Four movie! AND it's yet another reboot.

Is there some Uwe Boll grade tax loophole that no one is telling us about?

Third time's the charm, right?

Actually, if I recall correctly, this would be the fifth F4 movie...
And yet the low budget Roger Corman one is still considered the best.[DOUBLEPOST=1498045765,1498045719][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not even a Fantastic Four movie! AND it's yet another reboot.

Is there some Uwe Boll grade tax loophole that no one is telling us about?
It's just to keep the rights from going back to Marvel where a decent movie could be made. It has to be out of dreams and spite at this point.

Thing is, wife and I have talked about how we wish a Fantastic Four movie could skip ahead and have the kids be a focus, skip to when Victor von Doom is less villain and more weird uncle.

But I don't think Fox will make that a good movie.

But did he write Book of Henry, too? That's when I'd be worried.
Book of Henry's writer--this is his first movie.

The director did Jurassic World previously. IX's writer ... oof, that's not quite the pedigree of previous Star Wars films. Hopefully it's not so finally inconsistent as Jurassic World.

Man, I know this is TV news, but it's just another example of Hollywood being racist as fuck.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/daniel-dae-kim-grace-park-hawaii-five-0-1202484329/

Hawaii 5-0's producers refused to pay the two Asian leads, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park as much as the two white leads, Scott Caan and Alex O'Laughlin, so Kim and Park have quit and they just let them walk out. After the show's highest rated season. I know who Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park are, I only know who Scott Caan is because I know who his dad is, but I don't have a fucking clue who Alex O'Laughlin is. Bananas.

I don't watch the show myself, but good lord.

Are they equal leads, or supporting characters? I'm not defending CBS, but I am willing to consider that their parts are smaller than Caan's and O'Laughlin's, and therefore don't deserve equal pay...

But I don't know. Never seen the show myself. Maybe they get just as much screen time and publicity, so they would deserve the same. Someone who has actually seen the show should clarify.

Are they equal leads, or supporting characters? I'm not defending CBS, but I am willing to consider that their parts are smaller than Caan's and O'Laughlin's, and therefore don't deserve equal pay...

But I don't know. Never seen the show myself. Maybe they get just as much screen time and publicity, so they would deserve the same. Someone who has actually seen the show should clarify.
Yes, moreso than Caan, who only shows up in half the episodes now.

Man, I know this is TV news, but it's just another example of Hollywood being racist as fuck.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/daniel-dae-kim-grace-park-hawaii-five-0-1202484329/

Hawaii 5-0's producers refused to pay the two Asian leads, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park as much as the two white leads, Scott Caan and Alex O'Laughlin, so Kim and Park have quit and they just let them walk out. After the show's highest rated season. I know who Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park are, I only know who Scott Caan is because I know who his dad is, but I don't have a fucking clue who Alex O'Laughlin is. Bananas.

I don't watch the show myself, but good lord.
While it might be true, I think there is more to the story. Daniel Dae Kim is producing a medical drama that was picked up.

While it might be true, I think there is more to the story. Daniel Dae Kim is producing a medical drama that was picked up.
He's managed to live in Hawaii and work on TV shows for 11 years. He probably would've stuck around if they weren't terribly (racistly) stingy.

Transfiverfive is bombing in China.

Fuck yeah. FUCK YEAH! Fuck that monkey's paw of a movie series!

I will enjoy all the schadenfreude I can for that piece of shit series.

figmentPez

Staff member
I was on the reviewer's side until he said that it was proper to stop going to Disneyland after a certain age. SCREW YOU... *looks up reviewer's name* Dave Holmes! I will go to Disney Parks at any age I damn please because I'm mature enough to realize that I don't have to adhere to your narrow view of what being an adult is. I will play video games, read science fiction, watch cartoons, eat dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets (because, ironically, those are the ones that are made with whole grain breading), and color in coloring books.

harumph_crossed.gif

I was on the reviewer's side until he said that it was proper to stop going to Disneyland after a certain age. SCREW YOU... *looks up reviewer's name* Dave Holmes! I will go to Disney Parks at any age I damn please because I'm mature enough to realize that I don't have to adhere to your narrow view of what being an adult is. I will play video games, read science fiction, watch cartoons, eat dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets (because, ironically, those are the ones that are made with whole grain breading), and color in coloring books.

View attachment 24715

You are never to old for Disneyland.
Here is a review by Brad Jones; he address the same points as the review mentioned above.

You are never to old for Disneyland.
Here is a review by Brad Jones; he address the same points as the review mentioned above.
And a few more. After I read that review, I was hoping Brad would get to see it since little movies sometimes don't go to his town. Usually the longer the review, the more a mess was the movie, so I was excited. They did not disappoint, getting into more details than the written review.

Although my favorite part was seeing my wife's reactions since she knew nothing about the movie when we put on Brad's review. :D

Hey @Zero Esc, according to Moviebob, this is "easily the best of the trilogy." And he, like you and me, dug the hell out of the first two. So yeah, it's a good one. :D

(There, it's in the proper thread now!)

Hey @Zero Esc, according to Moviebob, this is "easily the best of the trilogy." And he, like you and me, dug the hell out of the first two. So yeah, it's a good one. :D

(There, it's in the proper thread now!)
Methinks you're in the wrong thread, but good to hear . I wish I could go to the 9PM tonight (AMC is showing all three movies in a row), but I have work tomorrow, and Thursday seems unlikely since there's a deadline for Friday morning, so Friday evening it is.

What kills me is trying to talk people I know into checking out these movies and them being so confused. My dad and stepmom saw Dawn, had no idea Rise existed, which I imagine took some of the meat out of it since you really need to know where Caesar came from and what he and the other apes went through for the proper foundation. My best friend hasn't seen any of them because she thought they were somehow sequels to the Tim Burton movie and thought something was really wrong with people. I need to send her the DVD for Rise when I get a chance.

I don't think this has been posted before: Murder on the Orient Express - Trailer

A lot of heavy-hitters in the cast too, including your favorite actress @Dirona.

I remembering seeing this before Wonder Woman and thinking, "Man, Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer look really old!". Also, that is a very good cast.

Was before Wonder Woman for us. Only trailer I hadn't already seen.

I feel like the resulting movie isn't going to be as interesting as the trailer.

When I was at the the theatre, certain trailers before movies would largely vary by region. It's also possible that those theatres just didn't build their playlist correctly or that particular trailer didn't get downloaded that night or at all.

Checking movie lengths for stuff I'm seeing this week/weekend.

War for the Planet of the Apes: 2 hours and 20 minutes. Okay, makes sense, end of a trilogy, it's gonna be a big deal.

Spider-man: Homecoming: 2 hours and 13 minutes. Is that really necessary? Okaaay ...

(This goes back to my bitching about 20 minutes of trailers before every movie; really the movie's length isn't as relevant as the time I waste beforehand.)

I did think Spider-Man was a bit long when I watched it, but I don't know if there's anything I would cut from it. Even the stuff that's just Peter and his classmates doing high school stuff is important to establishing the atmosphere of Peter being a real kid.

Apart from maybe Zendaya's scenes. Those could probably be cut.