Movie News & Miscellany

Speaking of which, when I bought the blu ray today, I was told to save my receipt because I guess there's a bunch that don't work. (1 in 25000 or something?)

Hah.

At least the bonuses for the Warcraft movie are given just by logging into the game for a period after the movie's release (2 months, I think).

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai gets a TV adaptation by Kevin Smith

Never watched the movie myself but I believe some people here did and will find this interesting.

GasBandit

Staff member
Buckaroo Banzai had hints of lore that could really be developed well into a TV serial format, if you ask me. There was a lot of stuff they had to gloss over, and a lot of things that could grow into season arcs.

Dammit, there's no love for Keira Knightly as Cable, huh? Because when Deadpool mentioned her at the end as a possibility, I legitimately thought that'd be hilarious. It's not like Cable is some deeply-woven character that they couldn't pull it off. Deadpool could make constant cracks about it, too.

Rogue One is going through reshoots ... like, heavy reshoots. About 40 percent of the movie is being reshot to lighten the tone and throw in a Han Solo cameo.

This sounds bad, but apparently the rumor about a bad test audience reception is false. No one has seen the movie. The script writer finished a final draft, and the draft being shot was an earlier draft that was a-go because Disney couldn't wait (like WB). So now everyone's back for another eight weeks of shooting.

fade

Staff member
I was talking to a friend who works in the industry and his response was basically that for some reason people are reporting these reshoots more lately, but in reality, they're pretty standard for blockbusters.

I was talking to a friend who works in the industry and his response was basically that for some reason people are reporting these reshoots more lately, but in reality, they're pretty standard for blockbusters.
That's a good point. LOTR trilogy had a ton of reshoots and pick-ups according to the Extended Edition.

Did your friend comment on whether reshooting (allegedly) 40% of the film would be considered an unusually large proportion?