Movie News & Miscellany

Yeah, the show's best character was a monkey who gave speeches in the third person. That's really not going to work. This could be amazing if they just lean way into being in on the joke, especially on the CW, where everything is a soap opera. To make a self-aware parody of their bread and butter? That would be epic.

Of course they won't, but a boy can dream.
GOD-I hope they go in that direction, the pilot script had SOME self-aware elements but it was mostly just typical CW fanfare.

I'm just hoping in the redone pilot they make Mojo Jojo not a human. You can make him LOOK human, holograms, genetic engineering yadda yadda, but COME ON.

Well, they got the silhouette right:

Cate Blanchett as Lilith in the upcoming Borderlands movie.
I thought that was Jamie Lee Curtis? Or was she just the one who shared the pic? (Or else random redditor dude where I saw it was just entirely wrong...)

--Patrick

The smartypantses in the media department thought ahead and processed the image. You can’t pull any detail out of either silhouette, I tried.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
If they do Tiny Tina right it won't matter to me what they do with the rest of the movie, it'll already be a win.

figmentPez

Staff member

"New Line Cinema and Warner Bros animation announce a new animation project 'Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim' from the director of Ghost in the Shell, with film Philippa Boyens attached to consult on the project."

"New Line Cinema and Warner Bros animation announce a new animation project 'Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim' from the director of Ghost in the Shell, with film Philippa Boyens attached to consult on the project."
This is not something I would've expected them to do. Let's see how it turns out.

I'm not sure how I feel about this:

Good Omens is getting a second season.
Is Gaiman writing? It'll be fine, though I'm sure it'll lack some of Sir Terry's wit.

Is Gaiman passing? Yeah, I'll pass too, thanks.

EDIT: Per Entertainment Weekly...

Neil Gaiman is also returning to serve as co-showrunner with Douglas Mackinnon and co-writer with John Finnemore, and the new six-episode season will begin filming in Scotland later in 2021.
Gaiman's co-writing and co-running the show. It'll be fine.

While proceeding with more Good Omens without Pratchett feels weird, at least he and Gaiman had been working on a second book that never happened and the notes for that will factor heavily in the second season, according to Gaiman.