Minor victory thread

I just spent six hours chatting, drinking wine, and eating cheese with the big chief of my outfit.

I feel like I'm progressing.

I went to my friends house the yesterday and his cat was nice to me! YES! Usually he's all "STAY THE FUCK AWAY" and swipey, but this time he was cuddling and what-not.

Who painted a ceramic church for his grandmother in 3 days? THIS GUY!

IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG

Bricks and roof shingles SUCK! It took a hell of a lot of coats just to keep the white from showing between the bricks!

For all the bitching I did yesterday in the whiny thread, my wife made a good point last night--we had a good Yule as far as being together goes. The stuff that was annoying or depressing affected both of us the same way and we were there for each other where those elements were concerned. And then we had a nice evening with our pets, had frozen yogurt, had a fun time playing Mario Party 6, and the board we'd avoided because it sounded stupid turned out to be fun, so it was like we had something new.

We'll be going to my aunts' house for their last Christmas with us before they move to Arizona, so that night and day should be good.

On a related note (see the whine thread) my friends just showed up at my house, bringing me chicken noodle soup and saltines. :heart:

Knowing that I have so many people in my life that take care of me makes me feel happy.

Now back to sleep I go....zzzzzz

On a related note (see the whine thread) my friends just showed up at my house, bringing me chicken noodle soup and saltines. :heart:

Knowing that I have so many people in my life that take care of me makes me feel happy.

Now back to sleep I go....zzzzzz
Hope you get the big victory and feel better rapidly!

This just in from the Great North Woods: Christmas will NOT suck this year.

In fact, with providence on my side, I will be posting something in the EPIC WIN thread.

And the Demolition Derby thread as well. ;)

Wait, so first you complain about your car getting wrecked and now you actively seek out that sort of thing? Make up your damn mind already!

I was digging through my stuff in the basement and found (dundundaaaa!) my Halforums mug! Now to make a cup of tea and watch MST3K's Rocket X-M.

Whoa, I've got to slow this pace down.

Found approximately $230k today. Still have $200k to go, and we know we're going to take a write off on some of that, but at least we cut the missing inventory by more than half its original value.

Final-ish total of the variance when we closed inventory yesterday in order to run month-end was $128k. That will continue to drop some, but we know we won't be able to find $40k, but it's still much better than $500k. And, we get to do another inventory in a month or so, after the current direct of procurement and materials manager have been replaced.

Had a job interview today. Feels like I killed it. I can be one charming motherfucker.

It's for a less than stellar part time job. But part time is 100% better than no time.

Only one more semester before my husband graduates, which means only one more semester we need to pay for (I mean after this current semester which we paid for yesterday)! YESSS!! This pay as we go thing is AWESOME and is equally sucky. EXCITE!

Gas prices went up almost 40 cents/gal last night.
I filled up the evening before.
Also filled up a 5gal can on top of that.
imgres.jpg

--Patrick

These days it's more a fight not to go.

Me: "Time to go, everyone out to the car!"
Son: "If I stay home, can I play minecraft?"
Me: "Nope. If you stay home you get to watch the younger kids, and can't play videogames since you're watching them."
Son: pauses..."I think I'll stay home and watch the kids.:ninja:"
Me: Leaves, and on the road about 5 minutes later turns off the internet for only the kids computers.:troll:
Son: Phones me almost immediately... "Did you turn off the internet?"
Me: "Maaaaaaybe. :trolol:Why do you ask?"
Son: "Nevermiiiiiiind...:okay:"
You should write a book.

Stienman's guide to child rearing and electronics.

/edit my spelling and grammar are getting worse over time.

Have a job interview on Friday... eek!

Technically it's an interview, but from the way the folks are talking it's basically the formality they have to go through before they offer.

Why not epic win? It's not technically an offer (yet, though they are talking about finding me housing and my partner a job and recommending realtors and such), and it's not the job that I really really really wanted. That said, it would still be a damn good gig.

Cajungal

Staff member
New bra--went down a strap size, and it's the first one I've worn in 6 months that actually fits. Had to put off buying for a while.

Anyway, ladies, you know how a new one kind of makes your boobs feel smaller, but really they're just higher and sitting properly because there's not all this extra room in the worn-out cup? That's so nice. I can jump so much in this bitch. Feels soooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood. I know ladies complain about bras sometimes, but I love the feel of a bra that fits perfectly. It's like everything in my universe is aligned.

New bra--went down a strap size, and it's the first one I've worn in 6 months that actually fits. Had to put off buying for a while.

Anyway, ladies, you know how a new one kind of makes your boobs feel smaller, but really they're just higher and sitting properly because there's not all this extra room in the worn-out cup? That's so nice. I can jump so much in this bitch. Feels soooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood. I know ladies complain about bras sometimes, but I love the feel of a bra that fits perfectly. It's like everything in my universe is aligned.
--Patrick

Attachments

OMG, I know that feel! And it's amazing.

Got myself a raise, from $45,000 to $50,000. Got a new boss too, seems like he's probably going to be a good fit for the company and really be able to take charge and solve a lot of the problems we have right now. Only a minor win because we didn't actually lose any of the dead weight yet.

fade

Staff member

I read that as "no bra", and I was like, "Go on..."

Have a job interview on Friday... eek!

Technically it's an interview, but from the way the folks are talking it's basically the formality they have to go through before they offer.

Why not epic win? It's not technically an offer (yet, though they are talking about finding me housing and my partner a job and recommending realtors and such), and it's not the job that I really really really wanted. That said, it would still be a damn good gig.
The interview has become an offer, which I have accepted. There is still paperwork to do, and one more group that needs to approve things before it's really really an offer.

Holy shit, I have a real person job again. Not a temp contract, not as the 'student/intern/resident' but as a real live adult-type person.
And we have/get to move clear across the country, which the employer will be paying for. (Woo!)

My friend introduced me to Khan Academy, and I am hooked. I've always enjoyed math and finding patterns in numbers. For about a week now, I've been staying up late solving math problems and honing my math skills... :3 I'm having a lot of fun with it, and all it is is free math class...

My friend introduced me to Khan Academy, and I am hooked. I've always enjoyed math and finding patterns in numbers. For about a week now, I've been staying up late solving math problems and honing my math skills... :3 I'm having a lot of fun with it, and all it is is free math class...
I've heard about Khan Academy a lot, so I'm taking a look through it... Might fool around with this to refresh some skills or learn a little about new things.