Minor victory thread

Got my internet bill halved today.

Sadly it involved brow beating the customer service guy. I don't like doing this. I hate that this is usually the only way to get anything done with big companies.

BananaHands

Staff member
All the non-interview shots are things I filmed![DOUBLEPOST=1375808187,1375808150][/DOUBLEPOST]
Got my internet bill halved today.

Sadly it involved brow beating the customer service guy. I don't like doing this. I hate that this is usually the only way to get anything done with big companies.
Teach me your ways.

Well, that was the bottom of it. I was changing my internet plan to something that would require new equipment rentals. Apparently the easiest way to go about this (according to rep) was to close old account and open a new one. So, while we're doing this I inquire that since it's a new account, I should be able to get the introductory pricing. We battled on this issue for a few minutes before he gave in and I won. So, instead of paying 75 bucks a month for my optic internet I'm getting the first month free and 40 a month for 6 months.

Ok don't know what happened but this very attractive younger girl messaged me and we've been texting ever since. And she's actually pretty bright.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375939193.316616.jpg

Kinda waiting for the other shoe to fall because this has been wayyyy too easy.

The other shoe dropped. She's VERY eager. It's almost a turn off. I feel kinda bad putting on the brakes a little bit.

Although if Jay were here, I know he'd say "HUMP AND DUMP".... Because that's the way he rolls.

Reactions: Jay
Eh.... at the very least, it's something new and different... and maybe she's VERY eager due to something relatively minor.

I'd say try it - maybe she just has problems interacting with folks, and comes off a bit too strong?

The other shoe dropped. She's VERY eager. It's almost a turn off. I feel kinda bad putting on the brakes a little bit.

Although if Jay were here, I know he'd say "HUMP AND DUMP".... Because that's the way he rolls.
How very eager are we talking, here?

Because my previous conquests could have used a little less apathy.

How very eager are we talking, here?

Because my previous conquests could have used a little less apathy.
Apathy is totally not there. She's already added me on Facebook, and she's twice invited me over to her place for stargazing, tea, 4x4ing, etc.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but fuuuck, you don't even know me girly - that's dangerous! What if I'm a creeper!?

Apathy is totally not there. She's already added me on Facebook, and she's twice invited me over to her place for stargazing, tea, 4x4ing, etc.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but fuuuck, you don't even know me girly - that's dangerous! What if I'm a creeper!?
That's a little far, I'll agree, but I'd take that as a good sign, at least for the time being.

Then see how Overly-Attached Girlfriend she gets on you after one coffee date. ;)

The "disagree" is because, as other pasters have pointed out already, we live through you, vicariously, and stuff. And/or consider it a real lfe sitcom. :D

So, the details are rolling in.

Previously married for 6 months, guy cheated on her four times, she left after the fourth time. They were only together for a year before they got married. *warning bell*
She's now seeing a counsellor (like I am) to help recover from it. *warning bell muted*

I'll probably see her tonight; just to determine if this is workable. Tepidly interested.

Please tell me that you introduce yourself in palindromic fashion:

Madam, I'm Adam.

So, how did she get your contact info? That seems a little off. Meet her in a public place and don't be afraid to haul ass if she starts giving you the crazy eyes. Have a good time!

Please tell me that you introduce yourself in palindromic fashion:

Madam, I'm Adam.

So, how did she get your contact info? That seems a little off. Meet her in a public place and don't be afraid to haul ass if she starts giving you the crazy eyes. Have a good time!
PlentyOfFish. She provided her cell phone # to me right away. After careful consideration, I texted.

Crazy BEDROOM eyes?? That might be a different story.[DOUBLEPOST=1375994240,1375993677][/DOUBLEPOST]She's a keeper. We're meeting up at a park for Iced Capps. But she offered to pick up the iced capps so I can ride my bike in *swoon*

That's the way my GF is, and I just happen to have met her on POF too. She gave me her number right away so we could text, and after the first date she preffered to hang out at her place. Some people are just a bit more trusting than others. I've since told her she was crazy to do it, but it worked out I guess.

I don't know about anywhere else but in Edmonton a lot of people call it Plenty of Syphilis for the distinct type of crowd it attracts. Maybe true elsewhere.
In my area it's got a bit of a reputation for people who will burgle you but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I met my wife through Plenty of Fish. You just have to be aware you'll be dealing with a LOT of idiots on there and it can be frustrating separating the good from the bad (or syphillitic apparently?).

I have yet to have a negative experience on there but I'm pretty fussy. Usually it takes a month or two of chatting before I'm even interested in meeting.

A little late, but after being a cook for about 2 years I decided to get a degree in restaurant management. Started my apprenticeship this monday. 3 years to go and I will be able to start my own restaurant or get an management position at the firm i am learning at.