Minor victory thread

So my "problem" with my cable internet wasn't really a problem after all. My signal is about as good as it can be.

It's a different problem. Those meddling kids, also known as college students. There's too many of them for the system to handle reliably. Oversaturation is the technical term. So for a fix all I have to do is wait a week or so. Finals will be over and the internet-hogging, traffic-jamming, parking space-stealing little bastards will all be gone for the summer.

So here is my minor victory.

To thank us for doing a good job with a recent issue at work my boss took us all out to lunch today and gave us a $5 gift card to Starbucks.

E

Element 117

So here is my minor victory.

To thank us for doing a good job with a recent issue at work my boss took us all out to lunch today and gave us a $5 gift card to Starbucks.
That's like, 1 drink. maybe. Enjoy.

figmentPez

Staff member
I went swimming today. Warm day in the low 90s, cool water but not too cold. Summer is here and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible before I get sick of it.

Minor victories in progress: the AAAA project I've been working on for 4 Winds is finally in layout after 4 rounds of edits and alterations. The graphic novel I'm working on with Will is up to pages 16 and 17 being blue-lined. I've scripted through page 25 out of 100. His tablet's broke, so I've got a few days to kick out another 25 pages of finished script.

I'm sitting here on what was sent out as a Fire call... the rain here knocked a LARGE tree branch across some power lines. There is no actual fire, but there is enough tension on the lines that we're (myself and the volunteer fireman who responded) concerned about a line falling across the roadway, so we've blocked off the road whilst waiting for Georgia Power representatives to respond.

This means that I get to sit here, in my nice dry car, with free internet, not responding to calls, whilst others are out working in this lake with vertical slits cut into it.

If I had some chow, this would be pushing epic win proportions. *grins*

Fresh goat milk! And prune juice on sale at the grocery store! Dare I buy a lottery ticket on so lucky a day!

So, there's this guy on facebook who friended me because I was a musician friend of a friend. OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS STATUS UPDATES OF TODAY!!!

note the time stamp...

Look, facebook is a (or was, I guess) a social network.... I believe in free speech, but he's getting on mah nerves. So my minor victory?

Yea... it's not much, and it would be easier to unfriend, but I've been itching to use this link somewhere :smug:

Having gotten dangerously close to mother's day without coming up with a decent gift for my wife, I discovered a gift certificate that I am nearly sure cannot fail.

Now, I have less than a month to deal with that pesky fifteenth anniversary gift...

Uninstalled WoW. Got 20gb of my hard drive back and am not feeling any kind of "oh but I might want to play again." Guess not playing at all for 3 weeks has its benefits.

I got another writing gig from 4WFG. It's not too large - 5000 to 10,000 words - but it'll be a couple hundred dollars and I've got until the end of July to work on it.

Cajungal

Staff member
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh coffee. Coffee and finishing my finals as quick as I can so that I can start enjoying my 2 week break, aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

North_Ranger

Staff member
My computer's back from maintenance. The motherboard was fried and had to be changed, but none of the drives were damaged. Yay! :)

Plus, the warranty was still valid so this cost me nothing.

After the new tax on cigarettes they passed here in WA (now bringing the cost to nearly $9.00 a pack) I decided there was no way I was going to be paying that much to keep up the habit.

My victory: I slapped a patch on this morning and haven't killed anyone.... yet.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's the little things that make a guy awesome. I called the fella back after missing him at work. He answers, "ALLO? WHO EES EET!?" In John Cleese's French voice. :laugh:

I love ya, Jake. :) (I told him too.)

Well I managed to just about finish some stuff at work that I have been horribly behind in. So now I just need to finish a few more things and I will be all caught up with my work.

The Hollywood Video by my house is going out of business and I managed to get quite a few good games from them.

RPG Maker 3
Tales of Legendia
Sonic Riders
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Pac-Man Fever
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Suikoden IV
Wild Arms 3

Altogether I only spent about $17.

They said they would be getting more games over the next few days so I will be going back there later to try and score some more games :)

----------------------------------------------

I went back today and scored some more games

Zone of the Enders
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Ape Escape 2
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Colosseum: Road to Freedom
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

And I only spent about $14 altogether :)

Dave

Staff member
My son made it to the age of 19 and I haven't killed him and hidden the body.

But of course the day isn't over yet.

I finished my last class EVAR!!! No more lectures, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!! AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHH!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!

Just need to pass my qualifying and get another paper published, and you all will call me Dr. drawn_inward!!!

Cajungal

Staff member
Wow, that sounds more like an epic win to me. I posted a measly semester over in that thread, not even my last one! :laugh:

Good luck getting that paper published. :)

So I got my marks back for the past term.
A+ Animation Production
A Layout and Production
A+ Stroryboarding: Project Development
A Life Drawing: Exploring Character and Costume
A Music: Structure and Culture
C+ Digital Methods: Rigging and Setup

And that is why its in Minor victory, and not Epic Win. No idea how I let my 3d (Rigging) mark slip so much. I didn't check with my teacher on the final assignment, but every other assignment I did and I shouldn't have gotten anything lower than a B+ on any of them. So I must have royally messed up my face rig assignment.

That's the lowest mark I've gotten since grade 9 French, and possibly lower. I don't know, since High school grading was not alpha grades. Anyway, overall its still a good outcome, just not as good as usual. I've still got a decent GPA. I think. I don't really know how that works.

I made completely from scratch (with flour and all that) blueberry pancakes for my wife today, it turned out great. I made non-blueberry for myself because blueberry's are gross