Minor victory thread

Cajungal

Staff member
Was aggravated that I didn't have time to go home and make myself something to eat before my next shift, but then the guy at Subway made me smile. I love it when I encounter people who like making strangers laugh.

Went to a Farmers Market by my work during lunch and I picked up some fresh fruit and veggies. All in all I got

A little over 4 pounds of Bing Cherries
2 pounds of peaches
some spinach
and a pound of carrots

I've been split from my marriage for close to a year now, and finally mustered the stones to ask out a gal who I had a crush on in high school (and is still a knockout at 40), and she said yes.

Now, here's to hoping in the future I can post in the Epic Win thread....

M

makare

Im really enjoying this weeks Eureka. That is my minor victory for the day.

North_Ranger

Staff member
GMed for the first time ever yesterday: ran the abduction prologues (no dice, no mechanics, just storytelling) for Changeling: The Lost to two of the people in our game group. It went smoothly, and one of them actually said he liked the way I GMed.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I got a professional massage yesterday for the first time since my wedding day (my sister-in-law paid for me to have one on the morning of my wedding). My husband and kids gave me a gift certificate for this one as a Mother's Day gift and I finally got around to using it. OMG it was lovely. I wish I could afford to have a massage more often.

Man. Most of my musician friends get massages either once or twice a month. I know it's really a matter of preventing repetitive stress injuries and all that, but I sometimes get a little jealous.

Cajungal

Staff member
Ended up making chicken with a pineapple and hot pepper chutney, some sauteed mushrooms, and dark chocolate mousse. I made the mousse into "Worm Cake" for my niece (it's something from a story I wrote for her about a bird). I just add chocolate graham cracker to the top and bottom for "dirt" and hiding worms inside the "mud" mousse. Fun times.

My computer at work got upgraded! My work laptop now has a 2.53Ghz processor, 4GB of RAM, Win 7 64 bit OS, and a SSD :)

Cajungal

Staff member
Niiiiice. I'm still waiting on mine. There are some driver issues that my Dad's IT guy is handling. He was really impressed with the rig that Jake built, though. I can't wait to try it out!

M

makare

Yay I have the next three days off and my cousin is coming to visit. Im really in a good mood. I love being in a good mood two days in a row.

My work had a free lunch day today. I ended up eating way to much but hey it was free. All in all I had the following

Cheese Ravioli with a garlic Alfredo sauce
Whole wheat pasta with a meaty marinara sauce
Caesar salad
bread
slice of berry cheesecake

Cajungal

Staff member
Sounds good. :)

I thought my ticket would be 280$ or so... I-10 basin bridge tickets are usually really high. Turns out it's much less... still a lot but not as depressing as paying 280 dollars for 5 glorious minutes of driving 80 mph.

Found a mexican fighter mask that fits my enormous head, got a ton of books for my master thesis form a friend and watched Toy Story 3, wichg turned out to be pretty awesome.

Sweet!

Got a new computer monitor today, picked up a 23" Acer HD, love the picture, just wish that I hadn't had to spend the money right now. I'm happy though, better than the old 20" crt I pulled out of the closet earlier this week.

About ten months ago it began. I heard a song on the radio and enjoyed it, but remembered neither the title, nor enough lyrics for an effective Google. I was unable to sing it well enough for someone else to tell me what it was. I was tortured for two weeks, trying to figure out this song. But eventually I forgot about it. My heart moved on.

Two months later, I heard it again. Another week of tortured searching, to no avail.

Another month, another relapse. And then again. Each time I can never pick out enough lyrics, or I just catch the tail end of the song. The radio never gives the title or the band. I move on after a few days of searching, only to be brought back soon after when it plays again.

Today I finally got it. I heard the radio playing in my coworker's office. I sprung from my chair and scrambled to her door. I jabbed a finger at the radio and demanded "WHAT IS THIS SONG?!" She wasn't sure, but she made a guess. I googled for the lyrics, but they didn't look right. Then I stuck my ear close to the radio, trying to eke out some of the lyrics for an effective google search. I got a handful, but they were useless. It kept bringing me to other songs.

Finally my coworker went to the radio station's website and clicked 'Listen Live.' The window had a 'now playing' block, and that is where my story ends.

Nights in White Satin, by the Moody Blues.

Interesting side note: I went to school in California with two sons of one of the Moody Blues, Mike Pinder Jr and Matt Pinder. We were in Chorus together.

Congrats, dude! That's really cool!

Also, Pepsi Throwback is back, baby! I'ma have to limit myself to one a week, but it's so awesome. Mmm-MMM!

I was doing the dishes and making coffee this morning when my roommate and his girlfriend came downstairs. They both shaved their heads bald to show their support for me and my family. I am still having a hard time fighting back the tears.

I had a job interview yesterday and I think it went well. That said, I don't have the position yet and if they don't call by tomorrow, it means I didn't get it, so stay tuned for this to show up in a rant thread.

Also, Borderlands is on sale for $10 on Steam and I have considered trying it, so I have to admit I am tempted...