Minor victory thread

I am now shy to post in this thread. The ladies are getting rowdy...

Oh well.

Minor victory: best buy had a 120 gb ssd hard drive on sale today for 55 bucks which is now breathing new vitallity into my poor netbook. Additionally, 32gb thumb drive for for 16$. Two minor victories. Yay

Everyone who's given my sister their resume to fix up has gotten into the career they want. My resume is currently in my sister's hands.
Unfortunately, everyone who gave her a resume before wanted to be a stay at home parent*.

*Which, while a noble profession, doesn't exactly get helped with a resume sprucing.

I am now shy to post in this thread. The ladies are getting rowdy...

Oh well.

Minor victory: best buy had a 120 gb ssd hard drive on sale today for 55 bucks which is now breathing new vitallity into my poor netbook. Additionally, 32gb thumb drive for for 16$. Two minor victories. Yay
Quick, someone make a joke about this so we can get rowdy again!
'hard drive' 'vitality' 'thumbs'

Surely all of the components for a sexy joke are here

But I have not had my coffee.

Managed to throw a successful party yesterday afternoon for my in-laws. Had way too much food, everyone seemed to have a good time, and the mead and soap that my wife and I made seemed to be well received as gifts.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sure, you can do the same thing with two transistors, two capacitors and four resistors, but you can't easily change the flash rate like you can with software. I can already see that I'll be doing neat stuff with it.
Now the question is, can this help your mead brewing?

Who has 2 thumbs and a date tonight?...

She is from Taiwan, I should ask one of the @bhamv's about women from there...
Rule number 1. Do not call her Chinese. She will castrate you.

Rule number 2. Do not say she looks Chinese. She will eviscerate you.

Rule number 3. Saying she looks Japanese or Korean may be acceptable. Saying she looks Southeast Asian, slightly risky, but probably still okay.

Rule number 4. Depending on her background, such as how long she's lived in Taiwan and how long it's been since she left, she may still be pursuing Taiwanese standards of beauty. If so, compliment her on how pale her skin is, how thin she is, and how little she eats.

Rule number 5. Do not talk about cross-strait politics. Politics in general should probably be avoided on dates, but asking a Taiwanese person about cross-strait politics is like asking a Palestinian about a Middle East peace plan.

That's all I can think of for now.

I had to speak english for the first time with a client. I felt ridiculous, but I was able to help this man and he will have a discount in his taxes next year.
That's an epic win! When I did my first performance review for an employee in French I was so happy. The classrooms and exams are just not same :)

That's an epic win! When I did my first performance review for an employee in French I was so happy. The classrooms and exams are just not same :)
Speaking english is not a part of my job. It was a coincidence. I met a gentleman who didn't know he could apply for senior discount for his taxes.

Is it really just as easy as trimming your fingernails to help get consistency in your bass playing?

Yes. Yes it is. The annoying buzz when I plucked with my index finger is gone. Yay. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
Got me a Kinesis Freestyle keyboard! It arrived at today! I'm using it right now!

It's taking some getting used to/relearning to type a little, but I'm adapting fast and it feels SO MUCH BETTER to type on this.

My only gripes are the cable to go to the PC connects to the right half (and my PC is on the left), and the function key controls are kinda awkward, and there's no number pad. But I'm willing to deal with all that just for comfortable arm placement.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ooh, no number pad would be a non-starter for me. Have to have it or it's not a keyboard.
I was worried about that as well, but as a "gentleman of larger stature," I can't tell you how comfy this is. I'm learning to deal with typing in numbers from the top of the keyboard again, and I do have to type in a lot of numbers in my job, too.