[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

M

makare

I played to quite a dour house tonight and by played I mean I performed my closing argument in front of my class. Unfortunately the first part of class involved all of us making asses out of ourselves doing something we didn't know how to do and so everyone was pretty glum during the closings. I was like sheesh.. react people even if it is a scowl I dont care. i need something!

I have to say that I rock at opening and closing statements but my direct examination capabilities are very lacking. I can cross examine just fine but I lose focus during direct. Sigh. I am not looking forward to my final which is a complete trial. Voir dire to closing argument to jury deliberation to verdict(unless the jury involves an asshole like last year. I was on a jury for a friend and a classmate's dad was on our jury and he was a fuckhead. Even the prof mentions it still he had to come and break us up because my friends on the jury and I were about to kick his ass. So no verdict)
Stress city basically.

fade

Staff member
If TV has taught me anything, you're an incompetent defense attorney if you can't make one of the witnesses against your client confess to the crime on the stand.

I was recently watching South Park and remembered that I had been watching this show since I was 12 years old. This spurred two thoughts in my head.

1.) Wow, South Park has been on the air for 14 years. That's an impressive run for a show on a cable channel.

2.) Wow... I was still in school that long ago. I should NOT be feeling old at 26.

Shannow

Staff member
Not really minor, but wanted to rant something...corporate restructure hit, so after 5 and a half years of busting my ass, moving up, creating anew department from scratch...Time Warner has decided to consolidate all the effrts up here and myself, my team, my director and another team and manger have been told we are no longer employees as of January 10th. 60 days left. Fucking Christ.

Am I the only one who thinks the sub-title to this thread should be "For a few hollers more"?
Consider it done. I didn't know what to subtitle the thread and decided to play off a famous sequel.

My first thought was "The Legend of Dave's Gold" but figured that didn't seem ranty enough.

So I am upgrading the wireless network at my university. The majority of the new access points are paid for by student money that the student body voted on. Recently one was knocked down from the ceiling by a couple of punks with as basketball on purpose. This access point wasn't up for more than a week and it is about as obtrusive as you can get on a 20ft ceiling. Really kids? I mean come on WTF! Not only did they ruin the tile and ceiling grid but there goes ~$600 of THEIR money and seriously decreases their connectivity in a certain area.

This is why we can't have anything nice. Grrrr.

The guinea fowl I'm raising in my basement are starting to learn how to make the horribly annoying sound they make as adults. I'm also not sure how I'm going to get them out of my basement when they're big enough.

fade

Staff member
I'm getting a little disturbed by the increasingly graphic nature of mainstream comics. I don't care if that makes me sound like an old man. I don't mind graphic comics when its under an imprint designed for it, but in the main story line? I can't let my kid read the comics I used to like because we've got things like the dead Flash running around despite being decapitated in Brightest Day

Ain't that the truth. I see freshmen driving around in new $40k+ vehicles. Must be nice.
Too fucking right. Last year a student was signing up for his parking permit, and the vehicle he was registering was a Shelby GT500 Mustang. Fucking 19 year old kid. Two months later he came in to register a new vehicle - a Kia Sportage. I asked him what happened to the Mustang. "Oh, I nailed a tree in it." Like it was no big deal.

So I talked to my friend at dunkin yesterday and he tells me that the paychecks came in a car early because of veteran's day. Cool! I can go pick up my last check without having to talk to my old manager, right?

Wrong!

"somehow" I don't have one. Isn't that the darndest thing? The company that had been screwing me on wages for so long, and asked me once to help screw someone else out of wages mysteriously doesn't have my last paycheck.

Fuck everything about that place.

S

SeraRelm

Friend's mother died the other week, our good manager was transferred to another location and the new one is... a bit slow, lungs are all effed up and I sound more like *points at avatar* every day, one of our cats looks like a zombie because of a skin condition so all his fur is coming out, new neighbors are "musicians" but they play about 4 chords total and sing horrible covers of Green Day, I have no vodka, new stalker has shown up at work so I may need to see about getting him banned if he gets worse, getting less hours at work as well, so money is tighter than I'd like, almost broke my arm somehow the other night in bed (not gonna get into that, but it still hurts), tub/sink keeps getting backed up due to crappy plumbing so we may need to get a plumber in here if it gets worse.

Ok, I think that's all I have for now.