[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

At work we recently got a letter from HR. They have apparently been doing vacation accruals incorrectly. Guess which direction everyone's amounts went. I lost 19 hours. My old manager (Senior Director) lost around 60 hours.

He asked them in a meeting about it and this was the exchange.

Him: So what if I am disputing this recalculation?
HR: Well, bring us the supporting documentation and we'll go over it.
Him: What if I don't HAVE documentation? What if I just expected HR to do their jobs correctly?
HR: ...
Fistbump for HR screw ups.

I had HR screw me out of hundreds of sick hours because they believed the hand faxed daily time sheets where we sign in and out every day. When I was on FMLA for my cancer, I asked to have my sick time and vacation time split evenly. And said that I would turn in the monthly time sheet. But the receptionist decided on her own to write down that I was sick on the daily faxed time sheets. When I got back to work and received my first time sheet correction form I had about a week of sick time left and hundreds of hours of vacation.

When I called HR to inquire about how they could mix up my time so badly, they said it was my fault for not reporting my time correctly. I said I did. I have the time sheets to prove it.

"We have over 200 employees and can not verify every person's time sheet against the daily input."

"I WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT FOR 3 MONTHS WITH CANCER! I dragged myself into the office from chemo therapy four times to turn in the monthly timesheets, so this mistake would not happen!"

The commander still took HR's side and blamed me for the reporting error. But I did get back several dozen hours.

This week can already go get fucked. Along with my recent "Whine", my stomach is killing me today AND my dad informs us that my grandmother may be in the early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's. :(

Dude, she's not going to trust you to do all the shopping yourself unsupervised. You'll need to find another excuse to sneak off & get your hobo supplies.
Maybe hobo supplies don't come from a store. Maybe hobo supplies mean a little bit more.

Julie is anemic and passed out when blood was drawn today.

The blood place freaked out instead of understanding that an anemic person might pass out, so now on top of my reduced hours, we get to pay for:
- ambulance
- hospital fee
- EKG
- the initial blood draw
- and MORE blood being drawn to find out why blood being drawn made her faint (hint: still the anemia) -_-

Julie is anemic and passed out when blood was drawn today.

The blood place freaked out instead of understanding that an anemic person might pass out, so now on top of my reduced hours, we get to pay for:
- ambulance
- hospital fee
- EKG
- the initial blood draw
- and MORE blood being drawn to find out why blood being drawn made her faint (hint: still the anemia) -_-
My son panics so bad when he gets blood drawn that he nearly passes out every time, and no one really worries about it to an excessive degree. Then again, we usually take him to a doctor's office that doubles as an urgent Care, so I'm sure they've seen it all before. I assume she went to a lab that has techs and not nurses doing the draws?

My son panics so bad when he gets blood drawn that he nearly passes out every time, and no one really worries about it to an excessive degree. Then again, we usually take him to a doctor's office that doubles as an urgent Care, so I'm sure they've seen it all before. I assume she went to a lab that has techs and not nurses doing the draws?
There's a full medical facility, but they sent her to a hospital anyway. She's passed out before when getting blood drawn, and never woken up in a hospital.

I'm probably going to have to start going with her, and would have had I been at work today since it's downstairs, but everything worked out together to turn a $47 blood work visit into what's sounding like $500. I know it's be more if we didn't have insurance, but our deductible isn't finished.

I'm going to have to insist at work that I either get a minimum of 24 hours a week or that I need to start looking for a new job.

She's been back at work for all of 90 minutes and now there's a letter from the psycho lady who did an anthrax scare to our office years ago.

Just a lovely day. :)

Anthrax scare. Was something of a big deal around the US shortly after 9/11.
Maybe she only heard about it many years later. It was powdered sugar, but we didn't know that until after the lab confirmed no one was going to die. The FBI got involved and then we didn't hear from her for a long time.

She'll be seeing the police soon.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

"I'm going to continue to scream at you for stuff you didn't do when I get too angry to check if it really was you because I don't want to take the time to fix the real problem so don't tell me how to do my job you don't run this place."

I bought a tuna sandwich at Subway today. Holey Shit! they put more mayo on the damned sandwich than they did the fucking tuna spread. I asked the girl twice if she was using the right dipper to serve the tuna.

I bought a tuna sandwich at Subway today. Holey Shit! they put more mayo on the damned sandwich than they did the fucking tuna spread. I asked the girl twice if she was using the right dipper to serve the tuna.
I've never liked a tuna sandwich I didn't make myself. It's just too easy to mess up

Julie's grandfather died this morning ... and it's her birthday.

If that wasn't bad enough, her parents are trying to convince her not to come, saying it's just not necessary. They know she's emotional and they don't want to deal with her being upset. They're disgusting and I'm tired of it.

“It’s not that you don’t notice things. It’s that you only seem to notice negative things... never positive.”

Actual quote from me today. Things are tense at times, yes. But stop taking it out on me because you’re unhappy with something else.

In May, a guy set himself on fire near the White House and died. This morning, a guy on twitter used a closeup image of the incident to promote a baseball player having a really good week. And then a prominent local sports journalist retweeted it to his followers.

I'm not going overboard for calling this guys out for using an actual suicide as a joke, am I? Reported the image and asked them WTF.

I've had that problem. One time I ordered I don't even remember what kind, and I said "just a little bit of mayo" and they proceed to grab that bottle like it needs it's neck wrung and give me more mayo than anything else on the sandwich across THREE FUCKING SWIPES. Meanwhile, the next person on the line (the manager) kind of looks at them like they're weird, but does nothing to help either. There was no point in complaining, the person dispensing the mayo had a "limited" grasp of the English language as well, but their manager clearly saw the problem, and did NOTHING.

I gave that subway a 1-star review.

I've had that problem. One time I ordered I don't even remember what kind, and I said "just a little bit of mayo" and they proceed to grab that bottle like it needs it's neck wrung and give me more mayo than anything else on the sandwich across THREE FUCKING SWIPES. Meanwhile, the next person on the line (the manager) kind of looks at them like they're weird, but does nothing to help either. There was no point in complaining, the person dispensing the mayo had a "limited" grasp of the English language as well, but their manager clearly saw the problem, and did NOTHING.

I gave that subway a 1-star review.

I've suspected for a while now that Subway workers are used to people saying "a little bit" and actually meaning "half the container".

I've found the phrase "not real heavy" is pretty useful in this situation.

I've suspected for a while now that Subway workers are used to people saying "a little bit" and actually meaning "half the container".

I've found the phrase "not real heavy" is pretty useful in this situation.
I will literally say "one pass of _____" which always seems to work.