[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

"Sorry, it was operationally impossible to get those last-minute changes in. Hope you didn't make any promises you couldn't keep to clients. Consulting ops before promising could be a good idea next time."
It's cute that you think employees get to say no.

University's wifi was down for some people, but not all, for about 12 hours last night and this morning.

I was one of the unlucky people.

It made me realize just how important having an Internet connection is these days if you want to do absolutely anything, whether it's schoolwork or entertainment. I mean, I had to play my Steam games in offline mode. Like some sort of barbarian.

We had a Thanksgiving potluck with friends on Monday (after having Thanksgiving with my family on Saturday and with my wife's family on Sunday). It was fun. A little stressful because of seating and because we have a two month old who needed to be fed and changed regularly throuought the day as well, but still a lot of fun.

But our security camera caught one of our friends pissing in our backyard, on our fence, repeatedly, after he had asked if that was okay to do and had been told no.
My wife has called him out on it via text and we haven't heard back from him since.

Have some goddamn respect for our property when you come to our house.

GasBandit

Staff member
SPEAKING OF.

I took my cat to work today because I was getting some work done on the house and didn't want him underfoot or getting freaked out and heading for the hills. I knew it was coming ahead of time, too, so I've had Feliway plugged in at my office for many days now in preparation.

He was good most of the day, but when it came time to leave, he had crawled under a very heavy, very bulky desk, and refused to come out. I tried coaxing with food and toys, nothing. I finally ended up having to drag him out with my hands, which ended up giving me multiple lacerations and getting literally sprayed all over with cat piss.

I did manage to get him back into his carrier, though, washed off all the blood and urine off my arms that I could, then drove home reeking like cat piss to do the world's least appealing load of laundry.

And now the little shit comes by to growl at me on occasion, like HE'S the one who got slashed up and peed on. Cat, I am THIS far from just crating you FOREVER.

I think that @Dirona and I are lucky that our cats haven't yet figured out the "piss all over them" thing when they're angry. Hiss, scratch, and bite? Oh ya. Alia's got that one down, but not spraying everywhere (yet).

GasBandit

Staff member
And this morning the little shit's all purrs and headbutts again. I dread what my office is going to smell like when I get to work.

GasBandit

Staff member
And this morning the little shit's all purrs and headbutts again. I dread what my office is going to smell like when I get to work.
Well, "fortunately" it seems any cat pee smell is vastly overpowered by SKUNK right now.

IT HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD COUPLE DAYS FOR MY DELICATE SENSIBILITES

Yay I have today and tomorrow off.
Between my wife and I, every waking hour (starting at 6a this morning) has been scheduled with something I have to do/need to do/gotta do by some deadline or because it's legitimately urgent or something.
I don't know if I'm going have any "free time" stretches longer than 30min between now and when I have to leave for work at 10a Thu.
Other than that, I'm unexpectedly finding myself coming into what is likely one of the best places I've been in my life since at least 1995-ish, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about what comes with it.
But I'm probably gonna.

--Patrick

Especially since getting PRK, I really don't look my age. I've started keeping my gray in instead of coloring in an attempt to look older, but it's hard to be taken seriously as the parent of teenagers when I look like I'm *maybe* 30.

GasBandit

Staff member
Especially since getting PRK, I really don't look my age. I've started keeping my gray in instead of coloring in an attempt to look older, but it's hard to be taken seriously as the parent of teenagers when I look like I'm *maybe* 30.
Not to minimize your rant, but a lot of women would love to have your problem :D

GasBandit

Staff member
Or straightening her skirts.
Of that, I don't think I spent enough time in observation to be able to make an authoritative ruling on whether the amount of skirt straightening was excessive or not. I don't even think she was wearing a skirt, TBH.

God damned mail person shoved a package into my mail box that was WAY too big for said mail box, it was sticking out and shit! My steps are a few feet away, be like every other mail person and put it on my stoop!

God damned mail person shoved a package into my mail box that was WAY too big for said mail box, it was sticking out and shit! My steps are a few feet away, be like every other mail person and put it on my stoop!
My mail person does this sometimes, except we have central boxes down the street and the package just barely fits, and you can't get it back out because when the mailman closes up the master door, it leaves a lip around the actual box.

So I was off Tue and Wed of last week. Two days together, not common. Hooray for me!
I come into work on Thu and there was a post about how 2wks worth of shifts are now open and can anyone take them. My coworkers all look antsy. I ask someone I'm chummy with, "Kinda looks like we might be down someone all sudden-like, hey?" and he replies, "Yeah! It sure looks that way, doesn't it?" with is eyes wide open and an expression of "I-obviously-know-more-than-I'm-saying-but-probably-shouldn't-say-anything" on his face.

WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE ARGH JUST TELL ME ALREADY

--Patrick

Hell no. If I want to buy my neighbors presents, I'll have them delivered directly to them.
So I was off Tue and Wed of last week. Two days together, not common. Hooray for me!
I come into work on Thu and there was a post about how 2wks worth of shifts are now open and can anyone take them. My coworkers all look antsy. I ask someone I'm chummy with, "Kinda looks like we might be down someone all sudden-like, hey?" and he replies, "Yeah! It sure looks that way, doesn't it?" with is eyes wide open and an expression of "I-obviously-know-more-than-I'm-saying-but-probably-shouldn't-say-anything" on his face.

WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE ARGH JUST TELL ME ALREADY

--Patrick
Congratulations, you've been promoted!