[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

My brother is one of the smartest people I know. He reads a lot, has great taste in music, and is fun to converse with. However he STILL forgets to put the fucking DVDs in the right boxes. WHY THE HELL IS MADDEN 05 IN THE REEFER MADNESS BOX! And now I can't fucking find Reefer Madness. URGH!

My brother is one of the smartest people I know. He reads a lot, has great taste in music, and is fun to converse with. However he STILL forgets to put the fucking DVDs in the right boxes. WHY THE HELL IS MADDEN 05 IN THE REEFER MADNESS BOX! And now I can't fucking find Reefer Madness. URGH!
DVD... boxes? People actually still keep DVDs in the original packaging? You must have a lot of space in your house.

DVD... boxes? People actually still keep DVDs in the original packaging? You must have a lot of space in your house.
Yes, but I am also a MASTER of organization. You'd think I'm not because my room is so messy, but its just organized in a way that only I understand.

I always keep the boxes, it helps me keep things organized. Or at least it WOULD if my brother would stop putting the discs in the wrong boxes.

Eh, I can see that. We have a really small apartment (you'd think it wouldn't be so, but it do), so keeping the hundreds of movies and TV shows that we have in their DVD cases would take up way, way too much room, so we just keep them in CD binders and keep the boxes of DVD cases stored in a closet somewhere.

Update: After confronting the woman who screwed up this morning, she told me it was my fault for not randomly checking in with a woman I normally don't talk to yesterday, even though she was out all day too. Yeah. Basically this woman will not accept that she fucked up and would rather throw me under a bus instead.

I'm just glad no one else saw it that way.

Yes. I got a call from my boss this morning asking why I was missing at an assignment, to which I replied with "What are you talking about?" When I explained that I had never heard of this assignment before, we determined that a coworker had given it to me without telling me. When I confronted her, she tried to say it was my fault for not checking in with someone else, who wasn't even there to begin with. She just doesn't want to admit she fucked up.

When my boss found out about all this I was no longer in hot water. Unfortunately I don't think this coworker of mine will be punished for her bullshit, though.

Only thing I could think of is, are you leaving the blower fan on constantly on high speed when you turn the vehicle off? I know that can actually affect the fan motor more than the contacts, but still.

I got a ticket this morning... For driving with no headlights on in foggy weather.

The kicker? My headlight switch is broken, they are permanently on. I even showed this to the trooper, and showed him how they can't turn off, and all he said was "well I couldn't see them"

I got a ticket this morning... For driving with no headlights on in foggy weather.

The kicker? My headlight switch is broken, they are permanently on. I even showed this to the trooper, and showed him how they can't turn off, and all he said was "well I couldn't see them"

He sounds like a real winner.

Can't you fight it? I'd go to a mechanic and have them document that your headlight switch is broken so you can't shut your lights off.
I'm going to go to court and try to reason with the judge. I could see if I could get a statement from a mechanic, too. It's still a total pain in the ass, though. Finding time off from work at this time of year is near impossible.

If you have the time to fight it in court, you might as well attempt to do so. Get the light fixed by a mechanic that will write the problem on the bill, then take that to court.
I fixed the problem myself, by bypassing the switch and making it so the headlights are on any time the engine is. If I wanted to -pay- for this problem to go away, I could just pay the ticket.

For lack of a contact, heat in the van was lost.

Had the same sort of thing happen to my Contour, also. Seems there was a thing with the plugs not able to handle the amps, so one of the contacts would overheat. In my case, they installed the fused interposer (which was supposed to be installed to prevent fires), but they didn't push it on all the way, so it would arc, which caused the contact to heat up and melt itself anyway.

I put in a new fan myself (which was of new design, i.e. no overheat risk) and the problem was solved.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a feeling that, long after Stienman has changed his avatar again so the bug no longer displays mine on his replies, that people will still be having to check carefully about whether a reply comes from him or me.

figmentPez

Staff member
What is the correct response to being tailgated by a Sheriff's vehicle? I was on the highway tonight, driving home, when one came up behind me and hung less than a car length behind my bumper. I had a car on my right that I was slowly passing, and a car ahead of me that wasn't keeping a consistent speed, and I was in the furthest left lane doing roughly 70 (10mph over the speed limit). The Sheriff wasn't running lights or siren. Eventually I got past the car on my right and I switched lanes, but damn that was nerve-wracking.

The person who designed the doors to my parents room did not do a good job on sound-proofing. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to moving out.

My parents are in their late 50's. I still hear them. You have no idea.
Oh I have an idea. And by idea I mean horrifying thoughts that keep me up at night. And my parents are either in their early or late fifties, I forget which. All I know is is that we both here the sounds of horror.

Maybe they intentionally had it done that way in order to get you to move out.
I know your joking, but the doors have been like this since High School. I would have said something, but the whole concept of talking to parents about how loud they are is not the easiest subject to talk about.

GasBandit

Staff member
At least your parents go to their room. I had to pretend I just didn't care to walk in the living room sometimes for a couple hours, no reason.

North_Ranger

Staff member
When I was 12 or 13, I woke up one night feeling thirsty. I walked towards the stairs, and out of habit I peeked into my parents' bedroom. We don't close the doors for the night, and the floor is kinda creaky near the staircase so I wanted to make sure I wasn't waking them up. Mom's a light sleeper, and all that...

The things I saw made me do a 180 and go back to bed, suddenly not thirsty anymore.