[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Ah yes. That. I'd forgotten that tobacco products had become such a liability to employers because health insurance providers started thoughtfully passing along the increased costs.

--Patrick
I smoke more now than ever since my employer started charging $30 to all smokers. My two cigar a week habit turned into 6, plus pipes on a daily basis.

On today's episode of maddening conversations I have with my mother, while talking about where my daughter can ride her bike, she said that the world is way more dangerous now, especially with all those people moving to Colorado for legal pot, because who knows what those people will do.

[emoji30]

I wonder what her reaction would be if I told her how many people I know/hang out with that use pot.

On today's episode of maddening conversations I have with my mother, while talking about where my daughter can ride her bike, she said that the world is way more dangerous now, especially with all those people moving to Colorado for legal pot, because who knows what those people will do.

[emoji30]

I wonder what her reaction would be if I told her how many people I know/hang out with that use pot.

I know plenty of people who regularly use pot also. What do they do? Not a lot.

fade

Staff member
I also know a lot of people who smoke pot. They have "Dr." in front of their names, million dollar grants, and a pile of papers and books. And they usually know which new student to ask.

[emoji30]

Tell her more people are killed / injured by alcoholics than by pot users. Then again, you would probably be wasting your time.

I also shouldn't tell her about how my D&D group had a 20 minute conversation on how to render pot butter on Friday night before we started playing.

No, it's how they make edibles these days. Though there was a conversation about making pasta sauce with it.

I ordered it in front of my new boss (well he was new then. Now the meeting lady has the job) and it was so good that all my shame was forgotten.

fade

Staff member
My daughter had a wart on her toe. A big one. We went to the doctor about it, and he sent us to laser treatments. 50 dollar copay a pop, and it did nothing after 4 treatments. Finally we just bought the $5 Wartstick from Walgreens and it worked perfectly.

GasBandit

Staff member
My daughter had a wart on her toe. A big one. We went to the doctor about it, and he sent us to laser treatments. 50 dollar copay a pop, and it did nothing after 4 treatments. Finally we just bought the $5 Wartstick from Walgreens and it worked perfectly.
Do... do we need to fund wart-based laser-armor?

fade

Staff member
The OTC stuff worked wonders. I'm ranting because we wasted 200 bucks on laser treatments that did not work when the wart stick worked.

Because some faculty members have the IQ of a lobotomized sea cucumber?
If they're anything like company presidents, CEOs, and owners, that is a horribly slanderous thing to say. Lobotomized sea cucumbers have much higher IQs than fungus that lives solely off of bullshit.

I'm still at work. My new boss asked me to do a bunch of stuff and sit in on unplanned meetings which is cool except for the part where that doesn't help me meet her deadline on the rush project.

I went out to buy my supper and missed another "urgent" meeting request.

So I'm here late again and feeling stabby.

Under a blizzard warning, and it just started pouring rain, roads are going to be AWESOME later. Time to hibernate.