[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I feel like someone else on the forum was in an eerily similar situation and pulled the plug, but I can't remember who. Maybe if they see this, they'll have some firsthand advice.
...... You have a codependent leech, not a friend. He needs serious help, but I doubt he'll seek it out, based on what you've said
He has talked to doctors and has been on medication before. We actually have been off/on friends for the last 10 years (3 times we have broken off and not spoken to each other) but he had a different best friend (also love interest) who is now completely out of the picture. (Another high school friend.)
He does have other friends, but he dislikes them. He wants more friends, but also thinks he has more than enough and doesn't want to bother with making more. It's an endless cycle with him being a-okay, then blaming me, then hating me, then dusting off his shoulder and being fine again, expecting me to just brush things off too.
Also, he thinks I don't believe he had an illness. He keeps telling me I can talk to his doctors and they can explain that he is bipolar, depressed, lonely, borderline suicidal, etc...
I know I have the freedom to walk away, and that I shouldn't feel responsible for his actions, etc... it's just hard. And I know it shouldn't be, given the way he acts, and in the end I'm really only holding myself back by making excuses for him. :-/
Bleh.

You are not responsible for him or his actions. If you have broken off this friendship a few times in the past and he has not harmed himself, then I would have to believe he will be fine if you break it off again. His idea that you don't think he has an illness is, in my opinion, a way to keep you attached to him and his excuse for his actions. End it. Walk away. You do not need this kind of an abusive friend.

He has talked to doctors and has been on medication before. We actually have been off/on friends for the last 10 years (3 times we have broken off and not spoken to each other) but he had a different best friend (also love interest) who is now completely out of the picture. (Another high school friend.)
He does have other friends, but he dislikes them. He wants more friends, but also thinks he has more than enough and doesn't want to bother with making more. It's an endless cycle with him being a-okay, then blaming me, then hating me, then dusting off his shoulder and being fine again, expecting me to just brush things off too.
Also, he thinks I don't believe he had an illness. He keeps telling me I can talk to his doctors and they can explain that he is bipolar, depressed, lonely, borderline suicidal, etc...
I know I have the freedom to walk away, and that I shouldn't feel responsible for his actions, etc... it's just hard. And I know it shouldn't be, given the way he acts, and in the end I'm really only holding myself back by making excuses for him. :-/
Bleh.

I am feeling depressed and down lately and it is getting on my nerve.

I have been trying to get myself to be happy and it works every now and then but I have been having a lot harder time lately than I usually do. I have also been having anxiety attacks an panic attacks more frequently as well. I am just tired of feeling this way and I wish I knew why I am feeling like this, I do have a lot of crap going on but usually it doesn't hit me this hard. I usually feel a bit depressed/down/robotic/etc. but it usually doesn't seem this bad.

Sorry for whining I just needed to vent and whine for a bit.

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you too, fuck you as well, your little dog gets a fuck you, fuck this, fuck that, double fuck those, and finally fuuuuuuccccckkkkkk yyyyyooooooouuuuuu

fuck you mr rogers.gif

I am feeling depressed and down lately and it is getting on my nerve.

I have been trying to get myself to be happy and it works every now and then but I have been having a lot harder time lately than I usually do. I have also been having anxiety attacks an panic attacks more frequently as well. I am just tired of feeling this way and I wish I knew why I am feeling like this, I do have a lot of crap going on but usually it doesn't hit me this hard. I usually feel a bit depressed/down/robotic/etc. but it usually doesn't seem this bad.

Sorry for whining I just needed to vent and whine for a bit.
Stop trying to MAKE yourself happy. As someone who's been dealing with serious, suicidal depression for about 15 years, I can tell you that it simply doesn't work unless you are ready for it... and you will know when you are ready for it. Until then, just try to stay the course and stay sane. As for the anxiety attacks... I find chocolate helps (even if you don't like chocolate like I do). Find a quiet place and break off like 4 of the little "blocks" of a Hersey bar (or the equivalent size of your favorite brand) and eat those. It's usually enough to keep the worst of the panic attack at bay (for me anyway).

I suppose I should put this in the minor rant category because it wasn't my dog, but the girlfriend's family had to put one of their dogs down today. They found their fourteen-year-old beagle this morning, curled up in a ball and barely conscious. She probably had a stroke. They brought her to the vet but she kept getting worse, so they put her down earlier this afternoon. She had been in and out of the vet's office for the past year or so, and it was just her time to go, but it still sucks. She was a good dog and always loved it when I visited.

Here's a picture of her from last year. I miss her already.

You know how birds like to swoop down over traffic and swoop back up just in time to miss your car?

Yeah, one did not figure in my wind diffuser on my sun roof.

I got to see a ballet of bird feathers in the cabin of my car.

Then a few miles later I noticed his shadow... he was stuck in my sun roof. :(

A guy on Facebook threatened to gouge out my wife's eyes.

Rant is the frustration in figuring out how to report something. They only show the option Hide, so I wouldn't have thought that was what to click before reporting--not intuitive. Likely nothing will even come of it; I don't think Facebook gives a shit about that stuff until someone calls the police.

A guy on Facebook threatened to gouge out my wife's eyes.

Rant is the frustration in figuring out how to report something. They only show the option Hide, so I wouldn't have thought that was what to click before reporting--not intuitive. Likely nothing will even come of it; I don't think Facebook gives a shit about that stuff until someone calls the police.
WHAT? WHY?

Because she thinks Zelda: Wind Waker is good; didn't threaten him or call him names.

I know--she's totally out of line.
Blue recently did a Mt G tourny and took top place. Judges called out one of his opponents after Steve mulliganned for having too many cards.

Dude is a little off anyways but he hasn't stopped threatening him since and accusing him of sabotaging the game.

People are nuts.

In today's football game, Noah got a shoulder to the face in almost exactly the same place as he got hit earlier this month! Under his eye is all swollen again, it's just not as large of an area. It was the last game of the spring season, so I have time to find him some kind of face protection if he plays again in the fall.

Update: Facebook says it doesn't violate their policy; so spread all the eye gouge threats you like--it's A-OK!
Yep. As myself and others have found out, threatening someone with bodily harm, including rape, doesn't violate their policy. It's not just Facebook, either: this is also the case on Twitter and other media. :mad:

Big hugs to your wife. No one should be threatened just because they shared an opinion. Mocked, maybe, or even disagreed with, but never threatened.

Yep. As myself and others have found out, threatening someone with bodily harm, including rape, doesn't violate their policy. It's not just Facebook, either: this is also the case on Twitter and other media. :mad:

Big hugs to your wife. No one should be threatened just because they shared an opinion. Mocked, maybe, or even disagreed with, but never threatened.
If he hadn't made the threat, I would've suggested her mocking him instead of my getting pissed. Complaining about Wind Waker graphics looking childish? 2002 called and wants its bitching back. Let's praise Twilight Princess:

real is brown.jpg

Hate bloom.
Not "because bloom," but because it's rarely used properly.
I don't want a video game made by J. J. Abrams.

--Patrick

So, here's exactly what happened on facebook.
  • Joseph I'm sure Wind Waker is pretty and all but I'd pick Pikmin.
  • Heath Yeah, but you can take selfies in Wind Waker, lol.
  • Julie Wind Waker HD is SO WORTH IT. Ask Darryl about it. Not only are the graphics updated, but there are several gameplay improvements. Plus, pirate Zelda is so sassy and adorable. You'll fall in love all over again with this game.
  • Brandon I have to go with the sports I have the other three already
  • Jason How do you make cell-shaded "HD" I'll still never go near Wind Breaker with a 100 Meter cattle prod. Zelda went "artsy". *yag* Wind Breaker is the Zelda Equivalent of Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Let that sink in...
  • Julie *eye roll* That complaint got old in 2002.
  • Jason It may have gotten old in 2002, but it still stands. Polish a turd, it's still a turd. There is a reason Wind Waker divides Zelda players. Go play with your hacky sack like all the other good little hippies.

Also, the next time you want to roll your eyes at me, you better make sure I'm not behind you to pop those disgusting things out of your face and roll them back at you!
  • Heath Wow...yeah...anyways...I picked Wind Waker. I'll decide on Pikmin 3 some other time after I've had a chance to play the Wii copy I bought of NPC Pikmin 1.
  • Julie I knew you were the better man, Heath-sama.<3
  • Julie Jason, this is Julie's husband. Do I need to call the police or do you want to take it down a notch? It's just a fucking Zelda game. Or maybe this is how you usually talk to women.
  • Joseph Okami was a better Zelda game than Wind Waker was.
  • Jason Julie's Husband, maybe you need to take it down a notch. Involving the police for something so trivial? Really? How old are you? Maybe I should quote your wife by saying "That got old in 2002". Sorry, I don't feed trolls. Get your kicks somewhere else.
  • Heath Jason, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
  • Julie Jason, Husband again: I think you're unaware of some of the laws passed in the last couple years. I do not take threats as trivial.

Cajungal

Staff member
Good lord. They allow that kind of hostility... And do facebook's terms still prohibit breast feeding pages/pictures??