[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

damnit, I am sick of everybody making that stupid joke on national mexican beer day. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE FIFTH OF SCOTCH IN YOUR BACK POCKET!:fu:
What are you, the fifth of scotch police?

Alternate joke:
It's not a fifth of scotch; I'm just happy to see you.

RE: Flag Day
Totally got married on Flag Day because it seemed appropriate after being in color guard in HS. ^_^ (even if it means the US flag)

It feels like a mom joke. Like you have a relative who's not really into it, but they'll contact you with "May the 4th be with you! See, I get your interests! I'm cool!" That's the way it comes off when I see it on Facebook.[DOUBLEPOST=1399303058,1399303018][/DOUBLEPOST]
RE: Flag Day
Totally got married on Flag Day because it seemed appropriate after being in color guard in HS. ^_^ (even if it means the US flag)
Were they under attack?

I've never heard that term before.

Changed your filter recently? Cleaned the compressor unit outside? Waved a fish over it during a full moon? Turned it on at night when it's most efficient so it can at least start out with a house not already pre-heated?
We haven't had to use the ac much lately so I didn't change the filter this month. The compressor...we're not authorized to touch it. :/ I think the fish idea might work.

DarkAudit said:
WVU band calls them "silks". HS band never had a guard while I was there, and we were damn proud of that. :)
I hope that isn't trash talk, because there's a lot of us on this board. ;)

I hope that isn't trash talk, because there's a lot of us on this board. ;)
Yeah! Them's fighin' words! I think a few of us still have our rifles and sabres, too. They've been known to leave some nasty bruises, I'm just sayin'...

The one time I was going to march at an NFL game, there was an injured player on the field for then entirety of halftime. :/

On another topic...
Why would you release a video game based on a franchise when that franchise hasn't released the final film yet? Can't you wait until the final movie is released and THEN release the game? Or since the book that the movie is based on has been around for 75 or so years, why not just finish the story on your own? Anything would have been better than leaving the game on a cliff-hanger.
I don't know if I'm even going to bother to finish playing since they couldn't be bothered to finish making the game! :mad:

On another topic...
Why would you release a video game based on a franchise when that franchise hasn't released the final film yet? Can't you wait until the final movie is released and THEN release the game? Or since the book that the movie is based on has been around for 75 or so years, why not just finish the story on your own? Anything would have been better than leaving the game on a cliff-hanger.
I don't know if I'm even going to bother to finish playing since they couldn't be bothered to finish making the game! :mad:
They did this with the hack-and-slash LOTR games too.

LEGO: The Hobbit?
Bingo.

And I've always love the LEGO games. I've never been so disappointed with one. Even when they put that "build random brick designs that have nothing to do with the rest of the game" they stuck on the end of the first release of the Indiana Jones game. This just ticks me off so much.

ARRRRGHHHHHHH

I did something to screw up my network access stuff on my PC and now I CAN'T GET ON THE INTERNET on it.

I'm able to get on via wife's puter and Ipod, but not on that machine!!!!!!!!!!

A parent sent me an email asking if the "C" her son got on ONE MINOR ASSIGNMENT (he still has an A in the class) is going to affect his chances of going to college.

I teach 8th grade English.

:facepalm:

A parent sent me an email asking if the "C" her son got on ONE MINOR ASSIGNMENT (he still has an A in the class) is going to affect his chances of going to college.

I teach 8th grade English.

:facepalm:
Tress, do you think it's okay to ruin lives like that? That child had DREAMS, once!

I often get kids asking me why we have to take tests, or write essays, or read Shakespeare, etc.

My favorite answer is always something like "Because I like to torture all of you. How am I doing so far?"

I often get kids asking me why we have to take tests, or write essays, or read Shakespeare, etc.

My favorite answer is always something like "Because I like to torture all of you. How am I doing so far?"
Just make sure you cover the lesson on sarcasm in language first, or you might give them all nervous breakdowns.

I wait until they've gotten to know me and can tell when I'm being sarcastic. Otherwise that would just be mean.