[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

This... is getting far more out of hand than I know how to deal with. She claims to have a split personality disorder; I spent half the night talking to the "other" her, who has an inexplicable British accent and implied the "real" her is obsessively in love with me and is afraid to end things with her boyfriend because she'd be his first major heartbreak. She also implied she might hurt herself if I cut her out. I just... I don't even. There is the "bitch you crazy, get out of my life" approach, but in the off chance she does kill herself over me, I don't think I could handle living with that the rest of my life. Might there be some kind of legal options for me to report what she's told me and force her to go under suicide watch/psychological evaluation? I'm still processing everything that's happened tonight and don't even know where to begin looking. I'm in California if that makes a difference.

Get the fuck outta there. No more contact. If you really, really think she'll hurt herself, then call the cops.

Don't you hate it when you're in the shower, and you glance over at the baby monitor to see your child, who is supposed to be napping, has figured out how to pull himself out of his crib and on top of his changing table? So, you jump out of the shower and run into his room to make sure he doesn't fall and break his neck, and then you realize that the construction crew who is in your backyard building your new fence just got an eye-full of you running naked through the house?

No? Just me?

Well, all right, then. :facepalm:

I'm just gonna close the curtains and wear a bag over my head until they're done...

What Poe said. As non-family, your options would be limited here in Georgia. California, being far more touchy-feely, is probably even more restrictive. Get while the getting's good. If she attempt to go full yandere, 911.

GasBandit

Staff member
Don't you hate it when you're in the shower, and you glance over at the baby monitor to see your child, who is supposed to be napping, has figured out how to pull himself out of his crib and on top of his changing table? So, you jump out of the shower and run into his room to make sure he doesn't fall and break his neck, and then you realize that the construction crew who is in your backyard building your new fence just got an eye-full of you running naked through the house?

No? Just me?

I'm just gonna close the curtains and wear a bag over my head until they're done...

This... is getting far more out of hand than I know how to deal with. She claims to have a split personality disorder; I spent half the night talking to the "other" her, who has an inexplicable British accent and implied the "real" her is obsessively in love with me and is afraid to end things with her boyfriend because she'd be his first major heartbreak. She also implied she might hurt herself if I cut her out. I just... I don't even. There is the "bitch you crazy, get out of my life" approach, but in the off chance she does kill herself over me, I don't think I could handle living with that the rest of my life. Might there be some kind of legal options for me to report what she's told me and force her to go under suicide watch/psychological evaluation? I'm still processing everything that's happened tonight and don't even know where to begin looking. I'm in California if that makes a difference.
CA Mental Health Services by County

Maybe call the one for your county to find out what you can do.

Might I suggest putting on some clothing, or at least a robe, before placing the bag over your head? Just sitting around with a bad on your head, naked, might give someone the wrong idea.

GasBandit

Staff member
Having gotten out of work early, I decided to try letting Shadow out this afternoon to take him to a nearby open area, and see how well things go with him outside.

It seemed to go well at first. He really (REALLY) liked certain bushes near the walkways. Then I saw a lady coming in the distance with a husky on a leash that couldn't have been more than 9 months old.

So I pick up Shadow and start taking him home. He didn't feel ready. We had a disagreement about who decides when it's time to go and who gets to pick who up and for how long.

So now I have a very sulky cat and 13 band-aids on my hands, fingers and forerms. Won't be trying that again. Get used to the indoors, cat![DOUBLEPOST=1397864553,1397864108][/DOUBLEPOST]Visual aid:

2014-04-18 18.39.07.jpg

So now I have a very sulky cat and 13 band-aids on my hands, fingers and forerms. Won't be trying that again. Get used to the indoors, cat!
Next time, consider a towel. Also, don't be afraid to scruff him if you have to. The linked article talks about it as if it were a discipline technique, I prefer to treat it as the non-verbal equivalent of, "This is for your own good, now knock it off and hold still."

Also, you may have some trouble winning back his trust after this incident. Take it slow, treat it like you did back when he wasn't comfortable with you yet. He should come around after he sees that this was an isolated incident. This means you have to make a point of not staying "obviously" mad at him about today's events, though.

--Patrick

Gas: Forgive me, but I laughed.

Also, wrapping them up in a towel so they resemble a football works great. Considerably fewer free claws.

GasBandit

Staff member
Next time, consider a towel. Also, don't be afraid to scruff him if you have to. The linked article talks about it as if it were a discipline technique, I prefer to treat it as the non-verbal equivalent of, "This is for your own good, now knock it off and hold still."

Also, you may have some trouble winning back his trust after this incident. Take it slow, treat it like you did back when he wasn't comfortable with you yet. He should come around after he sees that this was an isolated incident. This means you have to make a point of not staying "obviously" mad at him about today's events, though.

--Patrick
Oh, he's over it now. I just closed him off from me for a couple hours and he came meowing along eventually.

At first I thought this was responding to Celt Z.

My rant: our big rat has a growth on his face. We thought he just had puffy cheeks, but only one's doing it. We took him to the vet (who nicknamed him "monster" because of his size) and said there is indeed a protrusion, but it could be swelling, abcess, or a tumor. We're to try antibiotics for now, but if it doesn't start shrinking by a week, surgery is the next option.

I know it sounds insane, but I don't care about the money. My worries are:
1. He has to be away from his brother for a couple weeks to a month. These two are inseparable and freak out if they can't find each other.
2. In 2012 we had a rat go in for surgery and not wake up from the anesthesia. I don't want a repeat, especially if they have to use extra to sedate this one due to his size.

Crossing my fingers that the antibiotics work.

Bah. I don't care, at all, about my final paper. It's my absolute last assignment for this degree, all I have to do is finish it (before the end of the month) and I'm done. It's not hard, I've written far more complex stuff and far longer stuff over the past few years, but I just cannot focus on this one. I simply don't care. I've got less than 1500 words left (so, like, 3-5 paragraphs), which normally I can bang out in a few hours, but for some reason, I just can't focus and it's starting to piss me off. I want to be done with this damn thing, I'm sick of writing papers, and I just don't care. I'm bored of my own writing. Ug. I even know what I need to write, but it refuses to go from my brain and out my fingers.

No? Just me?

That must have been the time when my parents decided I could still sleep on the mattress but they turned the bed upside down and so put me in a cage to sleep.

That must have been the time when my parents decided I could still sleep on the mattress but they turned the bed upside down and so put me in a cage to sleep.
If we could do that, we would. But the way his crib is built, it wouldn't work. I just we'll just have to keep locking him in the dog's crate.

...Er, I mean let HIM lock HIMSELF in the dog's crate.

Yes. That's it.
:whistling:

If we could do that, we would. But the way his crib is built, it wouldn't work. I just we'll just have to keep locking him in the dog's crate.

...Er, I mean let HIM lock HIMSELF in the dog's crate.

Yes. That's it.
:whistling:
Ha, see, our dog was the lucky one. He didn't have a crate nor a cage...

Dammit, I responded to a blatantly one-sided political quote on Facebook even though I know absolutely no good will come of it. And I so, so know better.

BananaHands

Staff member
Man, sometimes gay 'ships' irk me. Not due to intolerance or anything along those lines - but I think it corrupts genuine friendships between characters.

Also, what ever happened to that anon? Did he get gutted by the crazy girl?

GasBandit

Staff member
So while I was out sick, the people trying to fill in for me completely dropped the ball on just one client - unfortunately it was a client our company's Owner/President set up personally, and now he's going all Earl-of-Lemongrab in e-mail. After 6 pm on a friday when literally everyone but me has already headed out for the weekend.

The fuck you want ME to do about it, Mr. Spacely?

So...it has happened.

My son, as of three minutes ago, peed on the cat. Like, its the cat fault. He jumped up on the toilet while buisness was happening....

But now I can't stop laughing and I have to wipe down the cat before my parents get here.

So...it has happened.

My son, as of three minutes ago, peed on the cat. Like, its the cat fault. He jumped up on the toilet while buisness was happening....

But now I can't stop laughing and I have to wipe down the cat before my parents get here.
My cat likes to do the same thing - come in when I'm peeing and run around the bowl.

I haven't peed on her - yet.