Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

You might want to place a monument or at least sign above your area so that we know not to start working in that area, and also so it isn't deleted when the next update comes along and the unused portions of the world are deleted so biomes can take effect elsewhere.
Good idea.

There is now a wooden sign, surrounded by four torches, on top of the mountain right next to the shaft that leads to what I've dubbed, Mole Town. It's a straight shot down so bring at least two stone axes or better to get there, and at least 110 blocks of something else to make the climb back up.

N

noaxark

Seems the latest server software causes blocks to frequently respawn. Not sure whether it's caused by an increase in lag (since it's normally a lag issue) or if something else is going on here. It happens to me as well, even though I connect through LAN. In any case, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Man, now I wish I had time to playyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I want to drill a shaft from myself to Rubicon and make a subway system everywhere, since no one likes skywalks these days.

-Adam

Sweet Ragnar graphic glitches!

I found these while on a two day trek to the south to find clay. I wanna make Gusto Tower out of brick. :)

N

noaxark

PIC

PIC

I found these while on a two day trek to the south to find clay. I wanna make Gusto Tower out of brick. :)
could you mark on the map were you were? Looks like simple lag, especially the last pic. Probably caused by the update.

The second pic was just lag, I just thought it was a cool screenshot.

The first pic was basically the edge of the world, the upper edge near the middle of the right arm (going by the topdown image above).

I was boating from place to place looking for clay and hit a waterfall at the edge of the world. I couldn't navigate away from it so I tried reconnecting. My boat disappeared but the glitch was gone too. I could see an instance of myself logged in, deep below my new position. It looked like a chunk(s) had been generated in the meantime but I can't really confirm that.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Here's a picture of Fnordbear giving me coal to kiln all of my bricks, on the foundation of the now-four-layer-tall Gusto Tower. You can see Fnord's Humble Tree and Gasbandit's Holy Relic in the background, across the bay.

Necronic

Staff member
As a huge fan of Dwarf Fortress would this be worth picking up? I don't really like the fact that there is only one dwarf under your control, and it looks like all you do in this game is building, but the building stuff seems interesting. Anyone here who has played both care to comment?

As a huge fan of Dwarf Fortress would this be worth picking up? I don't really like the fact that there is only one dwarf under your control, and it looks like all you do in this game is building, but the building stuff seems interesting. Anyone here who has played both care to comment?
I would describe it as Dwarf Fortress if all you had to worry about was being one of those Dwarves who got a Fae mood, so you could spend all day get materials to build your next wonder.

GasBandit

Staff member

PIC

PIC

could you mark on the map were you were? Looks like simple lag, especially the last pic. Probably caused by the update.[/QUOTE]

That second one happens to me all the time in both single and multiplayer, no matter the server. It's just a chunk update glitch.

N

noaxark

That second one happens to me all the time in both single and multiplayer, no matter the server. It's just a chunk update glitch.
Same for me, although it seems to happen more often and takes longer to correct itself lately. Maybe I'm imagining things...

bah, that's boring. Where's the Fun?
It's entirely possible to lose a huge supply of materials (that will vanish if you don't get them quickly) by dying because of...

- Accidentally stumbling into a cave system full of monsters
- Causing a gravel/sand cave-in which buries you and your stuff
- Cracking into a Lava flow, which quickly burns you (and most likely melts your stuff)
- Hitting a Water flow, which pushes you off a cliff to your death
- Creepers. Just... Creepers.

... and many more ways. So yes, Minecraft is full of FUN.

N

noaxark

I made a new thread for a fresh start and an easier way for me to get out information on the server.

This thread will close as soon as I can find Ame :)

Necronic

Staff member
bah, that's boring. Where's the Fun?
It's entirely possible to lose a huge supply of materials (that will vanish if you don't get them quickly) by dying because of...

- Accidentally stumbling into a cave system full of monsters
- Causing a gravel/sand cave-in which buries you and your stuff
- Cracking into a Lava flow, which quickly burns you (and most likely melts your stuff)
- Hitting a Water flow, which pushes you off a cliff to your death
- Creepers. Just... Creepers.

... and many more ways. So yes, Minecraft is full of FUN.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. That sounds like my kind of FUN. Seriously thats almost the same list of FUN for Dwarf Fortress. I'll have to try this out this weekend.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had a crazy idea while listening to some music today. I thought it might be cool to have 40 acres of farmland in Minecraft...

Then I checked to see how much space that would actually be. If my googling and math are correct, 40 acres would be a square of ground about 403 blocks on a side (one acre would be a square 64 blocks on a side). Holy crap, just leveling that amount of ground would be a huge task. Maybe I'll just do an acre, that would still be pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.