[NHL] MetroHockey Division (and the rest of the league)

So Cam Ward is out for 3-4 weeks with a lower body injury after getting hurt making a save less than five minutes into the game last night. Now Carolina is on goal tenders 3 & 4 for the time being, and will be facing the Avalanche tonight. :cry:

I feel your pain, Covar.
I'm so sad, we sought out and paid for a solid backup in Khudobin, something our team has desperately been needing. So of course he gets hurt and placed on the IR halfway through his third start. At least one of our top defensemen is on the verge of coming back from a concussion suffered in the preseason.

You know, I can think of a team that might be willing to part with its goalie for a price...
You don't think that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum on our message boards already?

Problem is, Buffalo would want a bunch of stuff for him, and we're kinda fond of the Milwaukee Admirals.

Sabres trade Vanek for Matt Moulson, a 2014 first, and a 2015 second to the Islanders.

Good return, but I'll miss him. Hope he wins the cup (just not this year).

Moulson scores two goals, Sabres still lose. Now we get the benefit of heading towards a top draft pick while still keeping Moulson's value high enough to swap for a first rounder at the trade deadline. :)

This season is really depressing

So no one here had anything to say about Pavel Bure and his wife's russian rockets? I know the leafs fans on the board saw it.

I was thinking about it this morning, and while I'm still in shock from the hurricanes being in a 5 game losing skid, I love how much the divisions standings actually matter now.

So I read that theres this "next Sidney Crosby" player Connor McDavid. I get really excited since theres a good chance we're going to have the #1 pick this year and we haven't had someone like that since Gilbert Perrault.

He's not eligible until 2015.

I guess theres a good chance we'll have the top pick then too.

And their new head coach is former Milwaukee Admirals head coach (and Predators assistant coach) Peter Horachek.

If I were to design a preds bottle opener I think I would try to get those sabre teeth involved in the opening mechanism somehow.

Eh, with 9 points after 20 games, an all-star goalie who wants out and a pretty hefty rebuild coming in the short term I think it makes sense to completely rebuild the management structure so it's (hopefully) stable as the new team comes together.

So I don't recall if I've mentioned it before in this thread, but I'm really enjoying the realignment. Mostly in how important it has made division standings. Lets all be honest with each other for a moment. In the 6 division system of old, all that really mattered was being in the top 8 of the conference. Now it's far more important to rank high in your division (or mediocre in the metropolitan's case).

No. The Edmonton Oilers actually have good players right now.

####, I'd take Nail Yakapov over some of our guys right now.

BULLETIN: At their current pace, the Nashville Predators will score their next goal sometime during the first period of their game at Toronto...

...next Thursday. :facepalm::Leyla::(