[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I have blind faith that GotG will be really good.
But that's only because I want it to be be very good.

Oh, I can't wait for the Phase 5 Howard the Duck film.
True confession time. Howard the Duck is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. I know it's terrible, but I can't stop watching it when it's on.

I actually used to read the comic back when he was teamed up with Man Thing. It was pretty good. Almost like a parody version of the Swamp Thing and Constantine team up.

Thanks for making my point, Nick. You skipped right over Thor 2 because it was forgettable. CA2 will probably do well, then GoG will sputter, DC will join the trend with some mediocre shit, and that'll be the beginning of the end.
I think it's only fair that I fully admit how wrong I was (so far). Mea culpa. I'm glad I'm wrong, too.

I think it's only fair that I fully admit how wrong I was (so far). Mea culpa. I'm glad I'm wrong, too.
To be fair, while I'm glad you were wrong about GotG, I hope you're right about DC. I want their grim-dark, no fun, brooding, everything must be Batman crap to bomb and bomb hard.

To be fair, while I'm glad you were wrong about GotG, I hope you're right about DC. I want their grim-dark, no fun, brooding, everything must be Batman crap to bomb and bomb hard.
Their shit is so dismal, even Charlie isn't rooting for them. He's backing Sony's Spider-Horse.

Their shit is so dismal, even Charlie isn't rooting for them. He's backing Sony's Spider-Horse.
ehhh it's just more that I really like Spider-Man and don't want him in a dumb team-up MCU movie

I liked Man of Steel more than most, and I love the casting so far for Batman v. Superman. I'm kind of being stupidly optimistic that having $200m would make Zack Snyder tone down his shitty aspects

ehhh it's just more that I really like Spider-Man and don't want him in a dumb team-up MCU movie

I liked Man of Steel more than most, and I love the casting so far for Batman v. Superman. I'm kind of being stupidly optimistic that having $200m would make Zack Snyder tone down his shitty aspects
I don't think I'd want Spider-man in an Avengers movie either, but I wouldn't mind seeing how Marvel's movie studio would take a crack at a Spider-man movie.

As for Batman vs Superman, Snyder's just ... himself. I honestly think WB is laying too much on his plate.

It looks like there will be an Inhumans film on the way, and Vin Diesel has been teasing that Marvel apparently thinks he is "inhuman". What do you think that he may be Black Bolt?

I still think it would be hilarious if Vin played Black Bolt given that he would have very few if any speaking lines. Visually Black Bolt... audibly... He is Groot.

I think Black Bolt suits him. There's no doubt he has a great screen precense. But he's a terrible actor. This could work well.

Nothing has been hinted in this direction but what about a Nova Corps movie?

I know absolutely nothing about them apart from what I saw in the GotG movie, but it seems to that given the events of that movie,
(almost entirely getting wiped out - unless they only had part of their forces located on Xandar?)
Marvel has left what appears to me as an open door to a potential story.

Last edited:
Nothing has been hinted in this direction but what about a Nova Corps movie?

I know absolutely nothing about them apart from what I saw in the GotG movie, but it seems to that given the events of that movie
(almost entirely getting wiped out - unless they only had part of their forces located on Xandar?)
, Marvel has left what appears to me as an open door to a potential story.

Nova Corps
If they are going to do a Nova Corps movie, it's going to be after GOTG2 and they'll probably introduce Nova during it.

My random thought/wishful thinking of the day: maybe the reason Marvel hasn't announced any more movie titles is because they're trying to hold for a surprise reveal in Avengers 2. The best case scenario: Avengers 2 introduces both T'challa and Carol Danvers during the main action of the movie and has a Doctor Strange scene as its stinger.

My random thought/wishful thinking of the day: maybe the reason Marvel hasn't announced any more movie titles is because they're trying to hold for a surprise reveal in Avengers 2. The best case scenario: Avengers 2 introduces both T'challa and Carol Danvers during the main action of the movie and has a Doctor Strange scene as its stinger.
Having Black Panther show up in Avengers 2 would be BALLSY but I don't think they will. If they did, it would already be out there... the movie's only 9 months away and they must have done all the casting and some of the shooting by now.

Having Black Panther show up in Avengers 2 would be BALLSY but I don't think they will. If they did, it would already be out there... the movie's only 9 months away and they must have done all the casting and some of the shooting by now.
If it's 9 months out, they've probably finished shooting by now and are in heavy post-production.

It's hard to keep secrets like that these days.

If it's 9 months out, they've probably finished shooting by now and are in heavy post-production.

It's hard to keep secrets like that these days.
Exactly. If he was going to show up as a major player, it'd be out. At least we're (probably) getting Warmachine to help out this time too. His actor's in it at least.