[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

Aww, Spidey! :(
You know, for as much as I've not been liking what Sony seems to be doing with their Amazing Spider-Man films, it may have been to the benefit of the MCU to not have access to Spider-Man (along with stuff like X-Men). By not having access to the most popular and well-known characters to the public, they've taken plenty of others from their stable (others also well-known and others pretty obscure) and developed them into the awesome work we have today.

I love that Black Panther costume. It looks sleek and high-tech, the texture on it suggests carbon fiber or kevlar, while the detail and edges have a style suggestive of various African artistic motifs. It should look silly or simplistic - instead it looks awesome and badass. In a way, it's a great example of what Marvel's been doing with it's characters in the MCU - keeping true to their essence, but just giving them a tweak and a touch here or there to make them work on screen.

You know, for as much as I've not been liking what Sony seems to be doing with their Amazing Spider-Man films, it may have been to the benefit of the MCU to not have access to Spider-Man (along with stuff like X-Men). By not having access to the most popular and well-known characters to the public, they've taken plenty of others from their stable (others also well-known and others pretty obscure) and developed them into the awesome work we have today.
Well, yes, I believe I said something along those same lines earlier in the thread (or was it one of the other comic thread? Might be the Avengers 2 thread.), but he just looks so sad in that picture! He just wants to play in the good movie universe!

Well, yes, I believe I said something along those same lines earlier in the thread (or was it one of the other comic thread? Might be the Avengers 2 thread.), but he just looks so sad in that picture! He just wants to play in the good movie universe!
If you did say that, I apologize for copying it, but I do agree with the sentiment.

Also, he may moan to his Sony parents about not getting to play with his Avengers friends, but they certainly won't listen as they shuffle him off to his extracurricular activities, such as spin-offs for Sinister Six and Venom.

Civil War?!? Man, if it's half of what's in the comics I'm down. Doubt it will be though. No Spidey reveal, no robot Thor, etc.
Dave, just to point out, Thor:Ragnarok comes out a year before Civil War, and in the comics Ragnarok took the Thor characters out of the equation for a couple of years. You could have the Avengers/Tony/Fury having created a robot Thor to keep the public out of the loop on what happened to him.

On the line-up: I'm glad Civil War will be contained in one movie.

Also, Captain Marvel, woo!

And now realizing I will be in my mid-30s when this is all over ...

You know, at this point, Marvel can just drop the mic at the end of each announcement.

I wonder exactly how many chairs have had to be replaced at DC from the amount of pants-shitting that these announcements caused.

You know, at this point, Marvel can just drop the mic at the end of each announcement.

I wonder exactly how many chairs have had to be replaced at DC from the amount of pants-shitting that these announcements caused.
"Hey guys, no one reacted like this to our announcements."
"Hmm. Needs more darkness. Announce Superman: American Psycho."

I'm going to call the huge reveal right now. The Watcher is going to appear in Avengers 3, and be played by... STAN LEE! He's been there the whole time!

God, Reubens showed up in Blacklist and I just couldn't take him seriously at all. He looks ridiculous and no matter what I just hear PeeWee.

DC's security is probably confiscating belts, shoelaces, and razorblades from their movie team. I have a feeling the whole studio's on suicide watch.

"Guys, Marvel released a new press release with a huge amount of new movies, including characters we never thought would hit the screen! What should we go?"

"I got it! Batman!"

"But... we already are doing Batman!"

"Huh... how about Aquaman, but we make him LIKE BATMAN!"

"BRILLIANT!"

"Actually lets do that for all the comics and movies."

Coming, Summer 2017. The movie event of the year! GREEN LANTERN REBOOT: LOOK IT'S TOTALLY BATMAN!

"I know, let's shoehorn more characters into Batman / Superman: Dawn of Justice!"
"...But they've already finished principal photography."
"Well, get them to shoot more scenes."
"But the movie's already pushing 3 hours."
"Alright, we'll just do them for the Extended Super Edition DVD."
"Okay, that's not a bad idea, something extra for the fans to get them to buy more."
"And make sure they're in the tie-in videogame as DLC."
"What tie-in videogame?"
"The one that'll be out the same day the movie releases, of course!"
"Wait, do we even have time? That's 2 years of development, at least, and a pretty significant budget."
"Budget? Fuck that, just use one of the games that we already made. You've got 17 months. Better get cracking."

Marvel could make a movie about D-Man, Squirrel Girl, or Wundarr the Aquarian. They would still be better than any DC film.

Marvel could make a movie about D-Man, Squirrel Girl, or Wundarr the Aquarian. They would still be better than any DC film.
I would utterly die if DC attempted to make an Aquaman movie, and around the same time Marvel makes a Namor movie, and yet the Namor movie blows it away. I mean it, I would die.

A Namor movie would be great if they spent the first half of the film on his involvement with Cap and the other Invaders.

The point I was getting at is Marvel isn't afraid to have irreverent and snarky heroes. They're not supposed to be paragons of virtue. They look and act silly, and that's part of their charm. Wundarr the Aquarian looks like Disco Jesus but Marvel would STILL make a better movie featuring a D-lister like him than DC could with its A-list heroes.

Marvel treats its heroes like people, DC treats its heroes like gods/legends. Unfortunately for the latter, they're each Hercules starring Kevin Sorbo if it were made on current era CW.

DC has always been like that. That's not their problem. Their problem is that they're going against that and taking all the wrong lessons from what made early superhero movies successful.