Mayor bloomburg... Wow... I'm just wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having lived up there, I'm not surprised at all.

This is the same mayor who, when first elected, felt the best way to close the budget gap was to lay off NYC firefighters and police officers.

Did you mean to post a Condescending Wonka image?
I think so, though I admit I'm at a point where I've gone from frustration->disbelief->apathy->fascination. I can't be disappointed by this stuff anymore since it no longer surprises me.

If I'm ever surprised by one of these posts, then yeah, I'll be able to muster a new reaction.

I wasn't meaning to be condescending. I was just telling him hush because he and I know that such a statement makes Bloomberg a candidate for public office in Wisconsin.

From what I've seen there is just too much crazy in the country right now. I'm just thankful I don't live in a Michigan city with a so-called 'emergency manager'. At least here even if I didn't vote for the people in charge SOMEBODY did.

Bloomberg is the perfect example of a rich, white male power-broker who (it seems) genuinely seems to want the best for everyone, but his method is to use his privilege and run rough-shod over everything that disagrees with him.

Him changing the rules to run an extra term really bothered me, but I didn't live in the City limits at that point and could not vote against him.

GasBandit

Staff member
That could be his next campaign slogan. "Bloomberg: Hey, he's not Walker."

He'd probably get re-elected anyway, no matter what. I mean, this IS New York, after all.

He'd probably get re-elected anyway, no matter what. I mean, this IS New York, after all.

He mostly got re-elected last time because New Yorkers outside the hardcore supporters really don't like a lot of the entrenched political class, and Bloomberg has a rep for playing very clean and not being dominated by various political powers.

This time around, it seems like business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.