Matt Lainert...Getting Cut?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Rumors are swirling that Arizona is going to cut the dude loose as he's not producing and if he stays he'll be a 7 million dollar hit to their salary cap.

Talk about a squandered opportunity! The job was his to lose and he did.

Can you else think of anyone lately that fell so far so fast without getting into trouble with the law?

Jamarcus Russell (I know about the purple drank, but that was after he got released, right?)

Also Mike Williams. Funny thing...both were from USC, both were #10 picks, and if Leinart gets released, they will both have been released before finishing out their rookie deals.

There is no cap dave, so that might be contributing to it. I can't believe McCoy is facing a cut though, I was actually hoping the Bills would draft him.

Since when is McCoy facing a cut? I haven't heard/seen anything, and a simple google search for his name doesn't ever mention him being cut.

Wow, that article is stupid. Every other source in the league has him safe on the roster and deemed a long-term project for Mike Holmgren.

#1 pick Ki-Jana Carter tore a ligament in his first preseason game and never had a real chance to show what he could do.

Dave

Staff member
Yes, but Leinert didn't get hurt, didn't get in trouble with the law, didn't get drunk or high and always tried hard - he just didn't have what it takes.

Rex Grossman...
2006 was an amazing year and I remember watching Monday night football when Madden proclaimed him the next Farve.
Dude just crumbled to dust.

Ryan Leaf. Sure, he had several seasons in the NFL, but how many games did he actually play in, 3? 4? Bonus points for Leaf being an asshat in college - I worked at one of the grocery stores in town when he was in college on the team, during the season. Every damn time he went to the store, he parked his big ass boat of a car in the handicap spots in front of the store, and usually managed to take up at least two of them. Every time, until his coach was in the store one day, while Ryan was parked in the handicap spots, and we told his coach about it. Only time we ever let anyone not employed at the store use the intercom system, and it was a beautiful thing.

Rex Grossman...
2006 was an amazing year and I remember watching Monday night football when Madden proclaimed him the next Farve.
This is why as a general rule you just listen to the opposite of whatever Madden says.

C

crono1224

At what point did John Madden become irrelevant to football, I mean he did great as a coach but apparently hasn't been useful since. He says the stupidest things ever as an announcer.

Rex Grossman...
This is why as a general rule you just listen to the opposite of whatever Madden says.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that turducken doesn't taste good?[/QUOTE]

Oh no Dave, turducken is great, Madden is correct about foods, football he sucks at commenting about.

Leinart was picked up by the Texans, might be able to get a chance.

At what point did John Madden become irrelevant to football, I mean he did great as a coach but apparently hasn't been useful since. He says the stupidest things ever as an announcer.
Yes in his later years John Madden was not good, but he revolutionized football broadcasting. He was the first person to bring actual football strategy into the commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.