Export thread

Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda : My Face is Tired but the MP isn't

Jay

Jay

Welp, we got a release date and I'm ready to get fucked by Bioware again!

PatrThom

PatrThom

At least you've finally broken up with UPlay.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Maybe the multiplayer will be fun. That's the first time I've ever typed that.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Jay

Jay

I'm hoping for more gameplay footage.

ME3 legacy was its great MP, seriously.

Null

Null

I'm hoping for more gameplay footage.

ME3 legacy was its great MP, seriously.
ME3MP is the fucking bomb. I should start playing that again.

BioWare is like that ex that you were really happy with for a while, until their flaws started overwhelming the good parts, so you split up, then like six months or a year later you see them again and immediately fall right back into it. And that happens over and over. Especially since half the problems aren't necessarily them, but their meddling, greedy family (EA).

I may have to invest in a new system to play ME4 at some point.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

ME3MP is the fucking bomb. I should start playing that again.

BioWare is like that ex that you were really happy with for a while, until their flaws started overwhelming the good parts, so you split up, then like six months or a year later you see them again and immediately fall right back into it. And that happens over and over. Especially since half the problems aren't necessarily them, but their meddling, greedy family (EA).

I may have to invest in a new system to play ME4 at some point.

They're more like the ex that you were madly in love with until they joined scientology, and then no matter how much you tried to tell yourself everything was the same as before, they kept trying to get you to preorder thetan detectors.

Jay

Jay

I pre-ordered.

benout.gif

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hopefully I won't be able to slam you for this. But I will if the game sucks

Null

Null

Hopefully I won't be able to slam you for this. But I will if the game sucks
That's fair enough.

Here's a thing to remember: Mass Effect 3 didn't suck; the ending choice sucked and that's tainted people's opinion of the entire game. But like 90% of the game itself was pretty fucking good. The multiplayer's so good people are still playing it.

Frank

Frank

That's fair enough.

Here's a thing to remember: Mass Effect 3 didn't suck; the ending choice sucked and that's tainted people's opinion of the entire game. But like 90% of the game itself was pretty fucking good. The multiplayer's so good people are still playing it.
Mass Effect 3 didn't suck. But it had WAY more problems than just the ending. The terrible side quests where you eavesdropped on random conversations, the readiness meter that was meaningless, the AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL villain Kai Leng (like, literally the worst), the baffling choice to have you battling Cerebrus through 90% of the game (who are suddenly a galactic super power to rival entire species), etc.

Just looked at the pre-orders for Andromeda. Usual EA pre-order trash. Skins and bonuses for multiplayer. Fuck that shit. I can wait a while.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Mass Effect 3 didn't suck. But it had WAY more problems than just the ending. The terrible side quests where you eavesdropped on random conversations, the readiness meter that was meaningless, the AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL villain Kai Leng (like, literally the worst), the baffling choice to have you battling Cerebrus through 90% of the game (who are suddenly a galactic super power to rival entire species), etc.

Just looked at the pre-orders for Andromeda. Usual EA pre-order trash. Skins and bonuses for multiplayer. Fuck that shit. I can wait a while.
Wait, was there more than one eavesdrop quest? And what was wrong with the readiness meter?

The other points I agree with wholeheartedly. Fucking Kai Leng. Just fuck everything about him. But not literally; I hope he never gets laid, canonically.

Frank

Frank

Wait, was there more than one eavesdrop quest? And what was wrong with the readiness meter?

The other points I agree with wholeheartedly. Fucking Kai Leng. Just fuck everything about him. But not literally; I hope he never gets laid, canonically.
It didn't do anything.

Dei

Dei

ME3 personified the illusion of choice. We were told our choices would matter, but every single important choice that was made got overridden. Killed the Rachni Queen?! HERE'S A CLONE! Blew up the Reaper? There were still enough salvageable components. It really pissed me off.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

It didn't do anything.
Are we talking about the meter that lets you know if your powers recharged? It worked for me...[DOUBLEPOST=1485313389,1485313355][/DOUBLEPOST]OH you mean the galactic readiness. Right right. I follow. Yes. Right. Agreed.

Null

Null

Kai Leng was an asshole. He was supposed to be an asshole. But I'll give you that one.

Cerberus had been a bad-guy organization since game 1 - there were at least 4 or 5 sidequests in ME1 where Shep & Co have to deal with the disastrous aftermaths of one of their projects. Mass Effect 2 was about Shepard and Cerberus using each other towards a common goal when the Alliance and Council wouldn't act, though it was clear that Cerberus was still terrible. By ME3, they've had time to perfect the technology they reverse engineered from The Reapers / Collectors and used it to upgrade all their troops (and it's hinted at Sanctuary that a lot of the conversion wasn't willing). You have to remember that the major galactic powers were preoccupied with The Reapers invading their homeworlds, Earth included. So while Cerberus wasn't really equal to The Alliance or the Turian Hierarchy or even the Asari or Salarian Tactical Group, none of them could spare the forces to deal with Cerberus, while Cerberus could focus on a few strategic places (Omega, the Citadel, Grissom Academy, etc) with a large portion of their forces. For example, the base where Eve and the cure of the genophage were being worked on: STG could only spare a few platoons to protect it, while Cerberus spent a few companies trying to take it.

More than that, though, fighting Cerberus was to have humanity fighting itself - Cerberus representing human supremacists who were willing to consign the rest of the galaxy to the ash heap and become the pawns of the Reapers, while Shepard and company represented the best of The Alliance - humanity choosing to fight to save the rest of the galactic community, to stand together in the face of annihilation. That's a major part of the series.

Personally I thought the "overhearing conversations" method of sidequests was fairly organic and was a way of showing the player the way regular civilians were being affected by the war.

The readiness meter wasn't meaningless. It determined what endings you could access.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Kai Leng was an asshole. He was supposed to be an asshole.
That wasn't the problem with Kai Leng. It was his terminal case of being horribly lame and dumb.

Frank

Frank

Kai Leng wasn't just an asshole, he was a poorly written and introduced writer's baby from the books that no one read, shoehorned into the main game's story "because".

Null

Null

Kai Leng wasn't just an asshole, he was a poorly written and introduced writer's baby from the books that no one read, shoehorned into the main game's story "because".
The "cereal killer" thing from the Dietz novel (that Bioware basically had to retcon out of existence) was kind of hilarious in an awful way.

Jay

Jay

Agreed. The original ending was a clear slap in the face to Mass Effect fans. The illusion of choice was a huge disappointment. Some DLC that came afterwards helped it but only 1 was "free". Citadel/Leviathan = $$$
Giving Citadel for free would have gone a long way but it didn't, I had to torrent it because fuck EA for nickle and dimiing.

Kai Leng killed parts of the game for me. I hated his "fights" which were constantly staged to be "dangerous" but I literally mopped the floor with him.
Then cinematic, he gets "the upper hand", here comes another chase scene and whatever was designed to happen JUST DIDN"T MATTER.

Best part of ME3 single player wise was the incredible ending to Mordin's story.

Best part of ME3 though was the MP, it was fantastic. Sure, there's DLC shit but it all unlocked for you and playing well rewarded you with more unlocks.

As for the pre-order, I took the cheapest edition. Simply because I wanted to pre-order the game. I can cancel if I'd like. If it is terrible, I can probably get a refund or credit. Origin support is not Steam support and have been great the last year I've been using it. The more expensive editions only had stuff I didn't care about. Soundtrack? Youtube. Art? Fuck your art. Packs that unlock for MP? Interesting but I'm a big boy, I'll do it by myself by playing great MP.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Mass effect 3 wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the same quality as the previous two games. Outside of a few standout moments (someone else might have gotten it wrong) most of the game felt like it was made by committee. We're not going to include any of ME2 crew to your party because they might be dead, but if they aren't, here's the generic moment where they show up once, or will be replaced by a generic NPC that does the same thing.

Shitty sidequests, no branching paths, or if there are branching paths they change maybe a single line of dialogue.

I played it once, fought through to the end, and then vowed to never preorder again as I never played the single player again, opposed to 1 and 2 which I played through several times

Jay

Jay

Yeah, only have finished the game on one play through. Finished it twice, once the "end" patch was released. Convenient save just before it. Chose all the colors of the rainbow was still disappointed.

One thing ME3 had which was excellent was its score. Truly excellent.

Frank

Frank

I liked the first game's retro synth score the best. I hated that they shifted away from it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I liked the first game's retro synth score the best. I hated that they shifted away from it.

It sounds very mid-80's

--Patrick

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Hm. I really liked the first game's score, and I think you just hit the nail on the head as to why. That said, I'm a big fan of some of the third game's pieces as well. I can't think of much memorable from ME2 though.

Cog

Cog

Cog in 2010 said:
There is one thing I don't like about mass effect. You know that almost every playable character besides Shepperd is not going to do something very important for the story in the sequels because he might be dead depending of the ending. And the more sequels, less important the character is going to be.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

New trailer:

"I don't need an army... I've got a Krogan..."

Jay

Jay

I liked all 3 scores to be honest.

Jay

Jay

Jay

Jay

Hope the next update covers MP, I reaaaaly like the MP in ME3.

Jay

Jay

Jay

Jay

Frank

Frank

I preordered it from Amazon so I got the 20% discount. Seriously, the Prime discount is great.

Jay

Jay

I preordered it from Amazon so I got the 20% discount. Seriously, the Prime discount is great.
Console?

PC version doesn't get rebate.

"Offer does not apply to digital content."

Frank

Frank

Console?

PC version doesn't get rebate.

"Offer does not apply to digital content."
Yup.

Mass Effect Andromeda PC No Disk

Got the Prime discount.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Same on the U.S. site; I'm seeing the Prime pre-order discount for PC version.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Same on the U.S. site; I'm seeing the Prime pre-order discount for PC version.
Can you link that? Because all I see is prime not available on digital

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Can you link that? Because all I see is prime not available on digital
Prime discount only applies when there is something to ship, so not for digital. Frank's is no-disc, which is technically different than buying a digital code off Amazon.

No disk PC version on US site

You still have to wait for the box with your digital code to show up in the mail, but you get the discount.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Prime discount only applies when there is something to ship, so not for digital. Frank's is no-disc, which is technically different than buying a digital code off Amazon.

No disk PC version on US site

You still have to wait for the box with your digital code to show up in the mail, but you get the discount.
Ahh, no, then. The same deal is on greenmangaming but still emails you a digital code for preload without having to ship anything.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I look forward to seeing what reactions you guys have by the end of April.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I still plan on waiting to see reviews before any purchase. Bioware has lost that trust.

Frank

Frank

I'm in for the multiplayer at least.

Jay

Jay

I look forward to seeing what reactions you guys have by the end of April.
Tempered reactions.

To be honest, I care about the MP more than single-player.

The videos so far have been pretty nice however, so I assume I'll play the game at some point.[DOUBLEPOST=1488641911,1488641375][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just cancelled my $80 dollar order and paid $62 on GMG.
Order went through Paypal which I accumulated $40 of E-Bates since X-Mas.

$22 for Andromeda.

Much gracias.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Do we even know if the multiplayer is the same style as three? It was added as an afterthought just so EA could tick a box, it was a happy accident that the team they farmed that out to knew what they were doing

Jay

Jay

Should be in an upcoming video, the most important video but from what someone at Bioware stated, it's about 80% the same.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I dig the world, the lore, and I was prepared for the ending by y'all's reactions, so it didn't come as much of a bitter disappointment for as as for many others.

I will be checking this out, probably through GreenmanGaming (thanks for that, Poe).

Jay

Jay

Tomorrow marks 5 years since ME3 released. Doesn't seem that long to me.

But I feel that sad ending even today.

Frank

Frank

Gotta remember, it was an ending so terrible and world wrecking that they had to set the next game in another fucking galaxy removed from all that trash.

Jay

Jay

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Tomorrow marks 5 years since ME3 released. Doesn't seem that long to me.

But I feel that sad ending even today.
It's when we all had to accept that the Bioware we once loved was truly dead and gone, and the EA clone replacement just couldn't hold up.

Jay

Jay

MP gameplay was finally revealed.... my nigga.

PRE-FUCKING-ORDERED.

Frank

Frank

Woooof, the Rock Paper Shotgun first impressions of the first few hours of Andromeda are scaaaaaaathing.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/14/mass-effect-andromeda-review-opening-hours/

Yeah, about that. The first few hours of Andromeda are a gruesome trudge through the most trite bilge of the previous three games, smeared out in a setting that’s horribly familiar, burdened with some outstandingly awful writing, buried beneath a UI that appears to have been designed to infuriate in every possible way.

Dei

Dei

Not surprised. :/

Jay

Jay

I expected DA:I for the single player, that was a given.

Jay

Jay

Several first impressions are mixed. Oh and facial animations is dreadful.

MP is solid however :)

Dei

Dei

I'm playing the trial... It's so much more than facial expression. There's no body language at all. When you talk to people, it's like taking to a robot, they just stand ramrod straight with dead eyes and their mouths move.

Frank

Frank

Frank

Frank

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Hahahahahahaha..

Producer: Woah, don't hurt him!

Animator: What? She is supposed to punch him... They are just models.

Producer: Well I don't like it... you know those old movies where they use perspective to make it look like the person gets hit? Do that.

Animator: Wah... I.... You better pick the right camera angle...

Producer: Trust us! It will be fine!

Dei

Dei

Seriously, the animation is SO BAD.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Normally I'm not one to care too much about the graphics, but this does seem rather shoddy work for an AAA game. Is it because of the new engine?

Frank

Frank

I'm gonna guess EA rush job. They need more time obviously.

Or a new studio. Bioware Montreal can handle the multiplayer obviously, but holy shit, it's looking like a mighty dropped ball single player wise.

Also, hire some new fucking writers. I know Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone or Brian Mitsoda can't write every God damn video game, but Jesus H. Christ, why are they the only ones who can write a decent one?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm gonna guess EA rush job. They need more time obviously.

Or a new studio. Bioware Montreal can handle the multiplayer obviously, but holy shit, it's looking like a mighty dropped ball single player wise.

Also, hire some new fucking writers. I know Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone or Brian Mitsoda can't write every God damn video game, but Jesus H. Christ, why are they the only ones who can write a decent one?
I don't think any of them wrote a Saint's Row game, so no, they aren't the only ones.

Jay

Jay

Single player looks like it needed another 6 months.

Multiplayer reporting to be solid however so....

Gonna play this first thing I get back from my Disney Cruise.

Dei

Dei

Multiplayer is the exact same as the first. So I guess if you want to encourage the behavior of ruining the core of the game while rehashing the same multi-player, then that's your prerogative.

ALSO, I am so glad to have a Mako again. /sarcasm

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Multiplayer is the exact same as the first. So I guess if you want to encourage the behavior of ruining the core of the game while rehashing the same multi-player, then that's your prerogative.

ALSO, I am so glad to have a Mako again. /sarcasm
If he wants to buy an overpriced multiplayer only game, Evolve could have used his dollars a lot more.

Frank

Frank

I don't think any of them wrote a Saint's Row game, so no, they aren't the only ones.
Saint's Row's story was funny, but it was hardly meaningful in any way.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Saint's Row's story was funny, but it was hardly meaningful in any way.
You talked about decent writers, not meaningful writers. :p

Terrik

Terrik

After reading a few reviews, I might hold off on this =/

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

After reading a few reviews, I might hold off on this =/
Ditto. Buddy has it through EA access, so I got to try it. Was not impressed

Terrik

Terrik

Ditto. Buddy has it through EA access, so I got to try it. Was not impressed
Whats weird, is that in some of the reviews, like the Gamespot review, it actually reads pretty good, and the reviewer seemed pretty upbeat about it, and then gave it a 6.

Dei

Dei

I'm still debating if I'm going to buy it this week or just sit on it for now. I did play the demo, and all of the animation bugs are really offputting, but the actual gameplay wasn't TERRIBLE. I don't know that I'll ever play the MP this time ether.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm still debating if I'm going to buy it this week or just sit on it for now. I did play the demo, and all of the animation bugs are really offputting, but the actual gameplay wasn't TERRIBLE. I don't know that I'll ever play the MP this time ether.
I only played about an hour and a half, but it feels like the Fallout 4 of Mass Effect. The writing and actual RPGness feels... really off. The combat feels fine.

Terrik

Terrik

I actually really liked ME3 multiplayer. I mean, I might like this one too, but yeah, a lot of reviews are like, "It's OK if you like Mass Effect".

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I was riding the hype train... then I remembered that I never buy anything new (because I'm poor), and I tend to benefit from patches and whatnot after the fact.

So I might just hold off, after all.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I wonder whether or not facial animations will actually be patched, though. It seems like an odd thing to patch. Obviously they COULD patch it, but will they?

Dei

Dei

I am still so amused that Breath of the Wild is the benchmark people are grading games on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...s-of-huge-expensive-open-worlds/#6d0e482f1279

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I am still so amused that Breath of the Wild is the benchmark people are grading games on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...s-of-huge-expensive-open-worlds/#6d0e482f1279
There were concerns early on that Nintendo would make a lot of amateur mistakes at doing an open-world game. Instead Nintendo did it so well that now people are wondering "Hey, why can't other games be this good?"

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

There were concerns early on that Nintendo would make a lot of amateur mistakes at doing an open-world game. Instead Nintendo did it so well that now people are wondering "Hey, why can't other games be this good?"
I think what happened is that Nintendo approached open world with fresh eyes instead of copy pasting what every developer believes must be in open world.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Thanks to some promotional stuff I do, I seem to have walked into a free code for Andromeda, so I guess I'll be playing multiplayer with @Jay

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think what happened is that Nintendo approached open world with fresh eyes instead of copy pasting what every developer believes must be in open world.
I think so too. Nintendo's insulation is sometimes a problem, like with their hardware and online capabilities, but this was definitely a case where it shielded them from the Ubisoft style of bullshit.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I think so too. Nintendo's insulation is sometimes a problem, like with their hardware and online capabilities, but this was definitely a case where it shielded them from the Ubisoft style of bullshit.
Even though Nintendo was like "We need fucking towers!"

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Even though Nintendo was like "We need fucking towers!"
I think they did for vantage point purposes. This is about a fifth of the towers you'd get for the same area in an Asscreed game. Plus paraglider.

Terrik

Terrik

I think they did for vantage point purposes. This is about a fifth of the towers you'd get for the same area in an Asscreed game. Plus paraglider.
Yep, those towers are awesome just for the paragliding alone.

Jay

Jay

That guy is an imbecile. Benchmark should be Witcher 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1490219352,1490219262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks to some promotional stuff I do, I seem to have walked into a free code for Andromeda, so I guess I'll be playing multiplayer with @Jay
Oh neat.

So fun facts, looks like the shitastic launch scared a bunch of people away who were pining for game weeks ago. Some of these are friends I was playing ME3 Platinum games with. :(

Fuuuuuuu

Dei

Dei

I have 25 hours into the game so far, and honestly I don't think it's really bad. Though the Kett have nothing on the Reapers.

Frank

Frank

That guy is an imbecile. Benchmark should be Witcher 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1490219352,1490219262][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh neat.

So fun facts, looks like the shitastic launch scared a bunch of people away who were pining for game weeks ago. Some of these are friends I was playing ME3 Platinum games with. :(

Fuuuuuuu
Witcher 3 is the better story based open world game. BotW fucking owns it for joy of exploration though.

Frank

Frank

I just read a guy vehemently defend Mass Effect Andromeda as the best gaming experience he's had this year.

I congratulated him on saving his Christmas money so he could buy his first game.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The really frustrating thing about ME:A is it's not a bad game. There's a good game under there, I can see it, even with the cheesy writing. But it's buried under technical mess, and a UI designed by people who have never played a video game before.

It's the studio's first game, and it kinda shows

Jay

Jay

I've put in about 30+ hours on SP/MP.

MP is better than ME3 and worth every penny. It's buggy to some degree (crashes/sound issues) but I assume patches next week will improve things. They already added a new free character and new free map.

SP is quirky at times, some secondary characters have shitty animations but with updated drivers I've had a almost perfect gameplay of about 12 hours so far. One crash. Some minor bugs here and there but it's good. Storyline is satisfactory so far. EOS is nice. Honestly, overblown drama so far.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I've put in about 30+ hours on SP/MP.

MP is better than ME3 and worth every penny. It's buggy to some degree (crashes/sound issues) but I assume patches next week will improve things. They already added a new free character and new free map.

SP is quirky at times, some secondary characters have shitty animations but with updated drivers I've had a almost perfect gameplay of about 12 hours so far. One crash. Some minor bugs here and there but it's good. Storyline is satisfactory so far. EOS is nice. Honestly, overblown drama so far.
Are you playing as a male or female Ryder? Because the female animations are jank as fuck. It seems like the engine is trying to apply the same dynamic animations to female models as it does to males, but hasn't been adjusted for the different skeleton.

Dei

Dei

I've been playing female Ryder and it doesn't feel too bad. Though the mouth animation gets too wide sometimes, and I had one instance where my head was facing backwards.

Dei

Dei

Nice neck!
IMG_20170326_211918.jpg

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Gaston?

Frank

Frank

Jeeeeeezus.

Dave

Dave

Wow. That's incredibly bad.

Dave

Dave

Video of ME:A fuckery. Contains spoilers.

Jay

Jay

You might want to avoid that video since you know.... spoilers.

Dei

Dei

Jeeeeeezus.

I was actually kind of amused by this scene, because social awkwardness is real.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I haven't gotten past the first hour of the game (despite 5 hours played... goddamn it) and I don't feel particularly spoiled. Mostly because I know how trope writing works and I've come to expect the expected in writing in this game.

Dave

Dave

You're right. Post edited.

Dei

Dei

More fun with animation

image-20170327_180727.jpg
IMG_20170327_180659.jpg

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jeeeeeezus.

Did the voice actors not have a director? Social awkwardness explains the writing, but not the delivery. That was terrible.

Jay

Jay

Played more and more and it's just such a flawed game, full of consolitis. Seriously, consoles are like a virus. How did this menu/quest system get approved for PC it's so laborious it's insane.

Also, what's up with the long ass load animations between space exploring, the first system was GREAT, then OK, now I'm angry I can't press space.

Lastly, about the score.... I haven't been impressed at all. ME 1/2/3 are all on my phone and I hear them all the time.... I can't seem to find one track in Andromeda that interested me. But I'll give it more time.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Did the voice actors not have a director? Social awkwardness explains the writing, but not the delivery. That was terrible.
I've come to a new conclusion. I no longer think the animations or the dialogue are what is going on here. I think Sara Ryder is just autistic. In fact, I think everyone on the crew is autistic. I think the Andromeda Initiative was just an evil plot to shoot all of Earth's autistic people into space.

Dei

Dei

I've come to a new conclusion. I no longer think the animations or the dialogue are what is going on here. I think Sara Ryder is just autistic. In fact, I think everyone on the crew is autistic. I think the Andromeda Initiative was just an evil plot to shoot all of Earth's autistic people into space.
Shooting all of the people with high functioning autism into space maybe, but not every single autistic person. :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Shooting all of the people with high functioning autism into space maybe, but not every single autistic person. :p
There's 20,000 more people on the ark we haven't seen yet.

Dei

Dei

There's 20,000 more people on the ark we haven't seen yet.
You don't start a resettlement initiative with people who can't be self sufficient.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not all the animation glitches are bad!

[DOUBLEPOST=1490664576,1490664318][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't start a resettlement initiative with people who can't be self sufficient.
Isn't that how Earth got started?

Jay

Jay

lol, just finished a storyline bit and basically "Ryder, come here and look at this."

...and I'm looking at my Windows desktop.

I just LOLed. Fortunately the save wasn't far off and the problem didn't repeat.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, I managed to work past the bugs and got it to stop crashing. I've even been able to look past how atrocious everyone looks and how badly animated everything is to get to the meat of the game.

I'm bored.

Dei

Dei

I have 46 hours in the game and I'm still interested enough to keep going. As a counter perspective. ;)

Though part of that is just to find out what outrageous animation glitches I can find next. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

lol I watched that yesterday and loved it.

Frank

Frank

Just played through the opening.

Some early observations.

- How the hell does Milky Way technology interface so easily with Andromeda stuff? I get how stuff somehow works in the MW because everything's based on Reaper stuff. This may possibly be explained, but based on the AAAAAATROCIOUS dialog so far, I doubt it.

- Yay, Clancy Brown. BOOOOOO!! CLANCY BROWN!

- The bad guys look like the inbetween of Prothians and Collectors. Lame and lazy.

- It feels like the automated facial animations were designed for male faces and they look more natural on males. Unfortunately, so far 90% of the cast is female so everyone looks fucked up. (Note, not unfortunate that the cast is female, unfortunate they didn't bother to adapt it to female faces)

- Whoever did the eye textures deserves to be fired. They look worse than Oblivion eyes. That game is like 200 years old at this point.

- The character creator is wooooeful.

- Did I mention the dialog? I thought it was a joke, but hooooooooly shit. "He wanted to go out somewhere in the stars no one had been." Fuuuuucking fiiiiiiiire Maaaaac Waaaaaalters.

Frank

Frank

Did some Nexus stuff. Turians. Look. Like. Crap. What the hell is going on with their colour?

Also, did someone shoot chief Addison in the face with Homer Simpson's makeup gun?

vs

All the turians look like Garus in Mass Effect 1 on PC where he had a low resolution glitch.

Spoilered for size

vs

THEY SHOULDN'T LOOK AS BAD AS MASS EFFECT 1 LOW RES GLITCH GARRUS!

Dei

Dei

There are 2 things in this game that made me ragey. One is that you can't hear someone talking if they are behind you, so you NEED to have subtitles on. The other is the incessant amount of chatter when you go in and out of "hazard zones"

Frank

Frank

My buddy is fixing my headset for me right now or I would have joined in on multiplayer already. Not really feeling non communicative MP.

If I can't shit talk my own team mates and the enemy AI constantly, I'm not happy.

Frank

Frank

This game is so fucking frustrating.

I can see the great game underneath all the problems. Every time something great begins to emerge, the animation breaks, my allies start flying, SOMEONE OPENS THEIR MOUTH AND DIALOG HAPPENS.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

This game is so fucking frustrating.

I can see the great game underneath all the problems. Every time something great begins to emerge, the animation breaks, my allies start flying, SOMEONE OPENS THEIR MOUTH AND DIALOG HAPPENS.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH
Imagine how much better this game would be with a silent protagonist.

And a silent antagonist.

And if everyone else was silent too.

This game has really bad writing, is what I'm getting at.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Imagine how much better this game would be with a silent protagonist.
And a silent antagonist.
And if everyone else was silent too.
This game has really bad writing, is what I'm getting at.
We need a fan edit.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Frank

Frank

So, about scanning for minerals with the Nomad. I feel like the poor decision for that went like this:

Dev 1: So, what were people's least favorite parts of Mass Effect 1 and 2?

Dev 2: Well, for sure it would be the driving parts of Mass Effect 1 and the most negative feedback we had for 2 was the boring mineral scanning.

Executive: So what you're saying is those are parts people would remember?

Dev 1: Technically yes, but not in a posit..

Executive: PERFECT, FUCKING COMBINE THEM, WHO GIVES A FUCK? LETS FUCKING DO THIS! I LOVE COCAINE AND MAKING TERRIBLE DECISIONS! I WORK FOR FUCKING EA! BUGS AND DLC FUCKERS! FACIAL ANIMATIONS THAT ARE POOR ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN CUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Tell us how you really feel, Frank.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

So, about scanning for minerals with the Nomad. I feel like the poor decision for that went like this:

Dev 1: So, what were people's least favorite parts of Mass Effect 1 and 2?

Dev 2: Well, for sure it would be the driving parts of Mass Effect 1 and the most negative feedback we had for 2 was the boring mineral scanning.

Executive: So what you're saying is those are parts people would remember?

Dev 1: Technically yes, but not in a posit..

Executive: PERFECT, FUCKING COMBINE THEM, WHO GIVES A FUCK? LETS FUCKING DO THIS! I LOVE COCAINE AND MAKING TERRIBLE DECISIONS! I WORK FOR FUCKING EA! BUGS AND DLC FUCKERS! FACIAL ANIMATIONS THAT ARE POOR ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN CUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!
I don't mind the Nomad, I really don't but I'm my 2nd visit to EOS and I'll be honest, there's shit here for the sake of being here. The Inquisition of sorts that can be avoided.
The first past was OK but now there's literally another half a planet to explore and it's mostly fluff.

The worst decision however is making all this shit and having a NOMAD that can go up shit.

NO, I do not want to go on 6 wheel drive to go up this little hill. Why am I going slow as fuck? Oh, 6 wheel drive is on.

Who thought this was a good idea?

By far what I hate the most in this game though? Literally loot every fucking where. Rocks/Minerals/containers.... like how the fuck are there so many fucking containers and why didn't anyone loot them at any given point or time. This is especially true at the Angaran home world.

Oh and whoever designed these menus for PC should die of consolitis.[DOUBLEPOST=1491164255,1491164053][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Allison part and Shep at the end made me laugh.

The rest, meh.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't mind the Nomad, I really don't but I'm my 2nd visit to EOS and I'll be honest, there's shit here for the sake of being here. The Inquisition of sorts that can be avoided.
The first past was OK but now there's literally another half a planet to explore and it's mostly fluff.

The worst decision however is making all this shit and having a NOMAD that can go up shit.

NO, I do not want to go on 6 wheel drive to go up this little hill. Why am I going slow as fuck? Oh, 6 wheel drive is on.

By far what I hate the most in this game though? Literally loot every fucking where. Rocks/Minerals/containers.... like how the fuck are there so many fucking containers and why didn't anyone loot them at any given point or time. This is especially true at the Angaran home world.

Oh and whoever designed these menus for PC should die of consolitis.[DOUBLEPOST=1491164255,1491164053][/DOUBLEPOST]

The Allison part and Shep at the end made me laugh.

The rest, meh.
Thank goodness that all these new and foreign worlds you have to explore are littered with milky-way ammo around every turn.

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

They figured out how to put people into cryo storage and travel 2.5 million light years to another galaxy, but nobody can figure out traction control!

Jay

Jay

Thank goodness that all these new and foreign worlds you have to explore are littered with milky-way ammo around every turn.
Best was finding Salarian shit in a "vault".

I was able to go conspiracy theory.

Frank

Frank

Why the fuck is there a God damn unbelievably lengthy transition that is completely unskippable every time I click on a new location in the star map, but when I founded a new settlement, it literally faded to black and there's suddenly a new God damn city around me? Wouldn't a neat little animation of building pods touching down or transports arriving have been a good touch? Nope. Black screen. New town. Addison and her makeup shotgun face is here.

WHY?

I WANT TO LIKE YOU ANDROMEDA! STOP IT!

Dave

Dave

I might acquire a copy of this just to try it out. I feel left out of the hilarity.

Frank

Frank

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509845=1

Basically, they're going to finish the game over the next couple of months aka, thanks for the Early Access beta money fuckfaces.[DOUBLEPOST=1491323254,1491323158][/DOUBLEPOST]Patch notes for 1.05

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Dei

Dei

Don't see anything about my two big ragey things, but maybe it's included in one of those very broad categories.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I would love to see patch notes: faces no longer fucked up.

Null

Null

I would love to see patch notes: faces no longer fucked up.
Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Maybe?

Frank

Frank

Patch note missing

- Removed the makeup gun from Addison's quarters. She no longer looks like a clown.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Patch note missing

- Removed the makeup gun from Addison's quarters. She no longer looks like a clown.
Look, you know Bioware is in the dating sim business, and they try to cater to every group. The clown fetishist demographic needed a little courting this time around, we can't all be hot for alien lesbians.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Maybe?
That just means their faces might actually move during conversation. But even when not conversing, everyone in the game suffers from a massive case of derpface.

Dei

Dei

Well, you'll be glad to know they did in fact take away Addison's makeup gun.

Terrik

Terrik

PTzJg13.jpg

6g9m7pp.jpg

Frank

Frank

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

Mass Effect put on ice, Bioware Montreal hit with downsizing to a support studio. Can't wait for all that shit they promise will fix Andromeda!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

Mass Effect put on ice, Bioware Montreal hit with downsizing to a support studio. Can't wait for all that shit they promise will fix Andromeda!

From the article:
"That doesn’t mean there will never be another Mass Effect game, of course. It’s unlikely that BioWare will kill the popular sci-fi franchise."

Man, they sure are trying, though.

Far

Far

I'm not gonna defend EA because obviously the history is there but is this the same as a closure or more like the game is out, now let's shift to battlefront 2 production focus and slim down a team that doesn't need to be large anymore?

Jay

Jay

Andromeda was a decent game but in no way shape or form is Bioware of old.

I haven't finished it yet... it bored me yet I didn't hate it.

I'm playing Expeditions : Vikings... and that shit is great. Choices = impact

Far

Far

I can pick this up for roughly $20. Worth it?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I can pick this up for roughly $20. Worth it?

Did you -really- like Mass Effect 3?

Far

Far

Did you -really- like Mass Effect 3?
Gameplay, yes. Very much. Storywise, no. It was a disappointing culmination that invalidated most of your choices before hand. I'm ok with the story being blegh if the gameplay is still tight. I have a 25$ gift card and nothing else to spend it on.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Gameplay, yes. Very much. Storywise, no. It was a disappointing culmination that invalidated most of your choices before hand. I'm ok with the story being blegh if the gameplay is still tight. I have a 25$ gift card and nothing else to spend it on.
$20 is probably a fair price for it. It's not a bad game, it just really, really suffers from having the Mass Effect name on it, because it has a lot to live up to that it doesn't.

Jay

Jay

It's a decent game but could have been far better.

I'd say 15/20 is a fair price.